Season Pass Mess

Addictrian

I think you all hate me for that but i have to get it off my mind .

We all love DOA .

After the Screenshot for SP3 i really think one thing.
There is no low budget there is no the game was made in a rush.

its alifecicleplan and they know what they are doin from the start (accept the stupid titts presenation for Evo)

From the start we said what the game is missing ,what we wanted . they said they listen but i truly think all of this was planned from the start . How and when they were gonna release costumes ,characters ect.

We have 2 SP with copy paste costumes and in fact just one new character to the game -that is KULA DIAMOND (Mai (DOA5). The individual PUrchase (Premium Tickets) might have been an issue they were figuring out shortly.

They recycle the costumes from 5 and put it into the Season Passes now very clear. (the Bright and pirate and Seaside Season costumes are new but a showcase of how boring and uncreative they are .

The Game misses still Stages (why they dont recycle them but for instance not from 5 ) DOA had much better stages DOA2-4.

The overprized SP still continues and when you think about that it was going on since DOA5 there is enough money -so that is no Argument for me when they say low budget . it is not true.

They still continue to focus on the females wich is fine because i love them and DOA how ever is known for the sexy females -but thats not all.
I constantly tell what i want as an Fan since DOA5 .(im not alone)

But they dont listen (or not taking me seriously)
The Males are mostly forgotten and taken byside.

Tag is still missing
Stages are still missing
More game modes are still missing.
New male characters for DLC are still missing
The game Models and textures to be polished for some characters are still missing

instead of work and improove this and make the game better season passes are announced and they keep focusing on DLC Costumes to get my money

Itagaki said that dead or alive will do this for ever because people will buy this crap . he was right .

So they are not actually listen to their fanbase .they are just talkers .

The issues i am concerned and do not love about DOA6 will still be there in the future because they are focusing on reused,recycled,copypaste DLC costumes .(even Seaside Stage is a mixture of past DOA and even venus vacation Stages . How uncreative is it and can it get .

And in fact they want us to pay twice for costumes we already had and bought in DOA5 is just bullshit.

in my opion they treat the fans who has been there since day 1 (doa1) very bad . I dont know how much money they have from me .but its not less.

Old games were much better and some do understand that a game needs not a good online netcode to be a good game . (its not all about the online Tournament or players) im cool with that ,but Games were actual games in the past tense with content right away from the start und replay the game becuase its so good .

nowadays TN/KT bring games out with nothing to resell content in the future.

Again this is not the right way.

Other companys know that and listen to their fans and built a solid game from the start and than go on the DLC cycle and create nwe stuff and bring some old stuff back .

Sorry but i had to say this .

The males are left out in mostly DLC (create bunny,Maid nd Nurse costumes for them) bah what the fuck
No costumization options
no new hairstyles
no color options
NO arcade mode with cutscenes and endings
no tag mode
no classic stages
no story cutscene for Momiji
no dlc costumes for Mai and Kula

bad hair textures and no movement for some ingame models and their costumes
no game intro
nothing to playthrough and unlock (just Titles and music)
no Gallery mode
Artwork /concept art

nothing ....just DLC (old reused,recycled)

Cheap cheap cheap
I do not know what i should think with a game i loved ..

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Although some of the things you mentioned aren't going to likely happen(Art gallery/color options, arcade cutscenes) I would just try to wait it out somewhat more since TN is still trying to at least add things in over time like how they did the free costumes, ability to rotate character models, music change for stages, etc. Mai and Kula likely won't receive costumes like Mai in LR due to agreement conditions and they may to adjust things over time.

Overall tho I wouldn't write them off so quick since its still the first 6-7 months of the game being out, if Tekken 7 and SFV can spice things up after a lukewarm release I know DOA6 can

Addictrian

Although some of the things you mentioned aren't going to likely happen(Art gallery/color options, arcade cutscenes) I would just try to wait it out somewhat more since TN is still trying to at least add things in over time like how they did the free costumes, ability to rotate character models, music change for stages, etc. Mai and Kula likely won't receive costumes like Mai in LR due to agreement conditions and they may to adjust things over time.

Overall tho I wouldn't write them off so quick since its still the first 6-7 months of the game being out, if Tekken 7 and SFV can spice things up after a lukewarm release I know DOA6 can

Hope you are right but wasnt that stuff we all been asking for sonce DOA5 came out =?
What is the problem to create a game with basics like it was in the last games + including new stuff but hold to the good basics that a game has to have ?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hope you are right but wasnt that stuff we all been asking for sonce DOA5 came out =?
What is the problem to create a game with basics like it was in the last games + including new stuff but hold to the good basics that a game has to have ?
Yeah but they did do that with 5 Ultimate where they had the gallery to view poses and movies and such and they're probably in the process of that now since iirc Gatto or someone datamined the game and showed that a movie viewer of some sort is possibly made. I think overtime they'll add what they can but I wouldn't hold my breath for literally everything, at least not at this time

Addictrian

So the newest Post tells that even the bunny costumes are not free "reprint" they call it . No free DLC at all . So i was right .

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Oh well, at least they’re not part of the SP. I will buy the DLC because I hate not having every costume for my mains.

Addictrian

Oh well, at least they’re not part of the SP. I will buy the DLC because I hate not having every costume for my mains.
Dont do it . They will keep going that way because we buy this shit . Think about that you loose over 1000 dollars just for dlc .and not good dlc .

Jyu_Viole_Grace

The game is full of bad choices but some of them aren't their fault.

Obviously the would release more females characters as DLC because in the base game were missing way more female characters than male characters. Let's see what happens after Rachel release, it has been only 6 months lol.

These two season pass had copy&paste costumes ... like most DOA5 sets were copy pastes. Let's not deceive us, DOA5 DLC sets were 90% copy&pasta and only around 10% were unique sets. That in over 5 years. What's is new in this game is shitty quality in UV mapping an rigging.

Only a stage since release and no new hairstyles. So ... like DOA5. I told you guys, obviously they wouldn't release a stage each few month, not a single FG does that. Stages in this game are meh, I agree but don't expect several stages before DOA6U because that won't happen.

TAG mode also won't happen in this version. They won't work on it until next generation. This engine is what it's and as Shimbori said, it was Koei choice to use it, not their choice.

The game should be way beter than its but people also ask for the impossible in just 6 months. Feedback works way slower than that, just look at SC VI, it's adressing the first season complaints in its second seasson ... a year later from release.

legibifou

Maybe because DOA6 (and DOA5) is not a real DOA game?

What I am going to say is just my opinion (it’s not an established truth and I’m sincerely happy if I’m wrong!) but It makes me sad to see DOA fans being disappointed again and again… I’ve stopped being disappointed now because I came to this conclusion lately. (Sorry for my English!)

Itagaki's vision of DOA games was unique and the new Team Ninja has never understood what the core of DOA is.
Itagaki wanted DOA TO BE DIFFERENT from other fighting games.
Fighting games used to focus on attack and combos? Let's focus on defense and hold system.
Fighting games used to have little arenas with no interaction? Let's create big multi-tiered stages with many interactions like kung-fu movies!
Fighting games used to focus on male characters without personality? Let's create different female characters with their own personality, their own costumes... and their own music!
Fighting games used to offer only 1 vs 1 ? Let's be crazy and create 2 vs 2!
Etc. etc. etc.

Why did old players fall in love with DOA?
Because these games had incredible visuals and were fun. Not just a little, but these two concepts (beauty and fun) were pushed to the maximum in every game.

Everything was in details.
Movements and animations were very detailed, like an artistic and acrobatic dance.
Sensuality (and not sexiness that was put in DOAX) was pushed to the maximum, focusing on natural breast movement and flowing hair.
And of course, stages were as important as characters... or maybe even more? They are what we saw in every DOA start screen. Most of stages were living arenas, with wonderful and photo-realistic landscapes, surrounded by amazing panoramas. A lot of Asian theme stages, always focused on beauty and atmosphere.
And the most important thing: Interactions, pushing the concept always further and further, game after game, to add more and more fun.

So now, what’s left of all these things in DOA6 ?
Nothing.

In my opinion, the new TN always has had one thing in mind: “we have a famous license, so let's make it more famous and accessible to everyone to get more money. To do this, we have to LOOK LIKE other fighting games: Let’s focus on combos and competition instead of aesthetic details. And we have to remove big stages and their interactions...” and fun?
With DOA5, it seems that they tried to reconcile old vision and their vision… then they realized that something didn’t work. Might it be their new direction? Of course not!
With DOA6 they clearly decided to follow their own way, to ignore old fans and just use all their requests to make more money. .. With no effort.

All that made DOA games are no longer there now. The core, the DNA of these games is gone. It might smells like DOA, but however, like an amateur cook who would try to reproduce the dish of a chef, it does not taste the same. It's tasteless, loveless, without talent or creativity.

The best thing that could happen to this franchise today would be to be bought by a new studio. A development studio that could start all over again and could consider these games for what they used to be : a piece of art and not an easy way to make money. DOA deserves to be loved again by their creators... and it's not going to happen with TN.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
9B55C9AF-FAD9-4D7E-A8DB-AD0CFE0616D2.jpeg

This image makes it more clear

RayBellion

I sometimes wonder why there is so much negativity regarding DOA6. Or ist it that the disappointed players are just more vocal than others? Yep, the costumes so far were not as varied as I wished for, nor would I complain to have more stages to choose from. But looking at the (not so freely available) time I have to play games, DOA6 is leading in clock time by far, and since months so. No other game has captured my interest continually and for so long during the last months and I am not really excited by the other games that are mentioned here as great examples of how other companies are handling things better. I do not share some opinions voiced here as to what real fans really want (or maybe don't count me in as a real fan). At least for me TN are doing a lot of things right. I am glad, too, that there will be new Season Packs and new characters, extending the lifetime of the game.

Addictrian

I sometimes wonder why there is so much negativity regarding DOA6. Or ist it that the disappointed players are just more vocal than others? Yep, the costumes so far were not as varied as I wished for, nor would I complain to have more stages to choose from. But looking at the (not so freely available) time I have to play games, DOA6 is leading in clock time by far, and since months so. No other game has captured my interest continually and for so long during the last months and I am not really excited by the other games that are mentioned here as great examples of how other companies are handling things better. I do not share some opinions voiced here as to what real fans really want (or maybe don't count me in as a real fan). At least for me TN are doing a lot of things right. I am glad, too, that there will be new Season Packs and new characters, extending the lifetime of the game.
Honey there is nothing new =) - the characters we got (accept Kula ) are not new . Mai,Momiji,Rachel (obvious) were in DOA5LR DLC and we paid .Now characters and copy paste costumes AGAIN. and they are even no cool costumes just sexy .....Meaningless. boring .

From the Start it was a mess. And they will keep and going the same boring road like in DOA5LR.

Old Fans new Fans - yeah but keep both happy . its not a big of a deal to hold on the old basics that were in DOA2-4 and keep it in 6 and come up with the new stuff for new audience.

I love the gameplay in doa 6 and overall the visuals (with some improovments that could be fixed over time) But the modes are lacking .Arcade mode should have cutscenes and endings own their own besides the story mode that makes not much of a sense at all.

Stuff to unlock ingame with the coins .

Transfer the costumes from doa5 lr for free to Doa 6 .

Tag mode (even though they say the consoles cant do that )

team battle mode .

ect pp.

no they dont change the basics .even the stages are not good like it was in doa.

DOA stands for all that .

Great character design
awesome big beautiful stages
tag mode
individual great costumes for both male and female (even th sexy ones)
Beautiful deep cutscenes

and more .

its hardly missing in doa6 becuase they just see it as i dont know .

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Honey there is nothing new =) - the characters we got (accept Kula ) are not new . Mai,Momiji,Rachel (obvious) were in DOA5LR DLC and we paid .Now characters and copy paste costumes AGAIN. and they are even no cool costumes just sexy .....Meaningless. boring .

From the Start it was a mess. And they will keep and going the same boring road like in DOA5LR.

Old Fans new Fans - yeah but keep both happy . its not a big of a deal to hold on the old basics that were in DOA2-4 and keep it in 6 and come up with the new stuff for new audience.

I love the gameplay in doa 6 and overall the visuals (with some improovments that could be fixed over time) But the modes are lacking .Arcade mode should have cutscenes and endings own their own besides the story mode that makes not much of a sense at all.

Stuff to unlock ingame with the coins .

Transfer the costumes from doa5 lr for free to Doa 6 .

Tag mode (even though they say the consoles cant do that )

team battle mode .

ect pp.

no they dont change the basics .even the stages are not good like it was in doa.

DOA stands for all that .

Great character design
awesome big beautiful stages
tag mode
individual great costumes for both male and female (even th sexy ones)
Beautiful deep cutscenes

and more .

its hardly missing in doa6 becuase they just see it as i dont know .

I mean, people can get their expectations too high (shit even me because Team NINJA made me question other companies when it comes to consistency, and then ironically TN tripped on that too which could of been an accident, who knows). DOA is one of the most niche of the 3D fighters. It's a game series developed by TN under KT's palm so it's not really surprising.

Everyone either tends to blame Shimbori or TN, but yet some of it is not even entirely their own fault lol.

Arcane

I'll be honest, as a newcomer to the franchise I've been a bit put off by how incredibly negative the DOA community has been. The game definitely has some issues to address but I don't consider any of them to be deal breakers. I've been having a lot of fun with the game but every time I come here or go to reddit, 90% of the comments are the same tired complaints. I'm willing bet that if/when they implement the much-requested tag mode, it will go the way of lobbies: everyone complained we didn't have them and now that we do, no one makes them.

I think the DOA community can stand to benefit from a healthier balance of discussions between criticism, game play and "fluff" (wish lists, fanfic/art, etc).

The current vibe is not a good look, looking from the outside in. Had I been slightly less interested in the game, I might have not given it a chance based on the state of the community. After all, why would I want to invest my time and energy in a game its own audience seems to hate? I'm glad I did, though, but I find myself playing the game in spite of the community, not because of it.

heyayane

I'll be honest, as a newcomer to the franchise I've been a bit put off by how incredibly negative the DOA community has been. The game definitely has some issues to address but I don't consider any of them to be deal breakers. I've been having a lot of fun with the game but every time I come here or go to reddit, 90% of the comments are the same tired complaints. I'm willing bet that if/when they implement the much-requested tag mode, it will go the way of lobbies: everyone complained we didn't have them and now that we do, no one makes them.

I think the DOA community can stand to benefit from a healthier balance of discussions between criticism, game play and "fluff" (wish lists, fanfic/art, etc).

The current vibe is not a good look, looking from the outside in. Had I been slightly less interested in the game, I might have not given it a chance based on the state of the community. After all, why would I want to invest my time and energy in a game its own audience seems to hate? I'm glad I did, though, but I find myself playing the game in spite of the community, not because of it.

As a new player to this franchise, I have to agree with literally all of this! I am a long time Tekken and Soul Calibur player and I have never experienced such negative energies as drastically as in the Dead or Alive community. The subreddit of DoA is almost 100% full of negative energy, you will hardly find any positive feedback regarding this game. And as a new player, I can't understand why. This has turned me off for a long time to even touch this franchise.

Unfortunately, I can not say anything about KT and their company policy. Yeah, Season Pass costs way too much compared to other fighting games, 90 bucks is insane. Even in Tekken, where one Season Pass ranges from 20 to 29 bucks with comparable content, I can understand peoples bad ratings to some point. But fighting games like those are considered "niche" games. The playerbase is smaller compared to other big genres and I think if you love the game, that money isn't that much hurting compared to other hobbies...or don't buy it.

Since I touched DoA 6 I am trying to get my friends used to the game. But sadly, the community (e.g reddit) doesn't help with that. And I think that's a shame, DoA has a lot of potential and is very fun to play. :)

Addictrian

As a new player to this franchise, I have to agree with literally all of this! I am a long time Tekken and Soul Calibur player and I have never experienced such negative energies as drastically as in the Dead or Alive community. The subreddit of DoA is almost 100% full of negative energy, you will hardly find any positive feedback regarding this game. And as a new player, I can't understand why. This has turned me off for a long time to even touch this franchise.

Unfortunately, I can not say anything about KT and their company policy. Yeah, Season Pass costs way too much compared to other fighting games, 90 bucks is insane. Even in Tekken, where one Season Pass ranges from 20 to 29 bucks with comparable content, I can understand peoples bad ratings to some point. But fighting games like those are considered "niche" games. The playerbase is smaller compared to other big genres and I think if you love the game, that money isn't that much hurting compared to other hobbies...or don't buy it.

Since I touched DoA 6 I am trying to get my friends used to the game. But sadly, the community (e.g reddit) doesn't help with that. And I think that's a shame, DoA has a lot of potential and is very fun to play. :)

I really feel sad for you guys to hear all that negativity and i have to blame myyself for being sometimes outraged with my emotions and post negative fuck it /off sentences on twitter :p

But its because and why i and other ones love this game series since the very first game .DOA1 and DOa2 3,4 . were such an good an new fighting game that had much more to offer and brought so much great stuff that no other fighting game had.

and with that expierence throughout the years our expectation is of course high becuase it was a piece of art .

And when it comes to the pricing of the season passes (not only SP2 is too much money) the first one and every other will be too much - its the look inside and what we are getting out of it -

any comparsion to Soul calibur or tekken is not roght .because there we can choose what we could do to our own created fighter and if we want to have that piece wearing him or not .

In doa 5 and now sadly in 6 we are forced to buy one or maybe 2 costumes with recolors for the entire girl cast . yes we can purchase individually for god sake finally on ps4 beacuse they also screwed that up in the beginning.

what im tryna say is that as a fan from day 1 everything that this game was about and had is missing for some parts and they built it down . they know how to hype but dissapoint with dlc and basic modes cutscenes ,more costumization otions stages . stuff to unlock ingame . the graphis and textures are for this time really bad and im not a proffessionell programer or something like that.

im a simple player who loves to play my favorite fighting game and it hurts seeing whats going on .i feel sometimes betrayed and missunderstood for saying what i miss since doa5 came out .

i really do not want to talk bad about it or blame anyone but i think its overall wrong what they are doing bt if people buy that they will keep going . so what can i do =?

cant change the world i guess (sry for my english )

werewolfgold

I will fully cop to being negative regarding the game. But, for me personally, it's very grating to see sloppy workmanship get a pass in favor of their just putting out more and more copy-paste from the last game. No, not just putting it out. Reselling to people.

No, I'm not gonna buy any of it. But as someone that has Hayabusa as a secondary (heaven forbid anyone gravitate toward a male character in this series [#WhensLeon]), I have to sit here for over half a year while his neck bulges out funny on the character select screen (something that would literally take 30 minutes to fix in a modeling program) while they focus on selling sundresses and bunny outfits? And then when they do resell stuff from the last game, they literally can't be arsed to adjust it so it actually fits onto the current character models? Come on, son. We all have eyes. It's just annoying that they thought they could get away with it.

Yes, DOA6 is fun to play. But, I also have 30 other games that are fun to play. If I can play a game that's fun AND isn't constantly reminding me of how many corners got cut, or how much they can't keep their story straight on their vision for the game, or how much they don't give a fuck about half of their characters because they're dudes, then I'd probably play that instead.

But, if it makes anyone feel any better, I don't hold my tongue when other games are screwing up either.

I'm willing bet that if/when they implement the much-requested tag mode, it will go the way of lobbies: everyone complained we didn't have them and now that we do, no one makes them.
Devs (not just for DOA) do say that tag mode doesn't really get used if it's put into the game. But, the lobbies were definitely essential. If no one is making them, it's because the fanbase dwindled before they got put into the game. That's why you have to have your game polished before release. You only get one first impression.

I played tag mode, at least. lol

Last edited:

Addictrian

After i while now i think its a good Idea to give us a SP and the reprint packs - a SP with New costumes like the screenshot tells and the reprint packs seperatly.
so they tryna serve both Fans i guess.

but it seems to be only for the girls (16 costumes) that is again so painful for all that like the males in this game (me included<)
and the reprint shouldn have been copy paste from 5 again .

now the 15th is on the way and it will be a day of dissapointment for me i guess when they will finally showing a trailer and the costumes

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I will fully cop to being negative regarding the game. But, for me personally, it's very grating to see sloppy workmanship get a pass in favor of their just putting out more and more copy-paste from the last game. No, not just putting it out. Reselling to people.

No, I'm not gonna buy any of it. But as someone that has Hayabusa as a secondary (heaven forbid anyone gravitate toward a male character in this series [#WhensLeon]), I have to sit here for over half a year while his neck bulges out funny on the character select screen (something that would literally take 30 minutes to fix in a modeling program) while they focus on selling sundresses and bunny outfits? And then when they do resell stuff from the last game, they literally can't be arsed to adjust it so it actually fits onto the current character models? Come on, son. We all have eyes. It's just annoying that they though they could get away with it.

Yes, DOA6 is fun to play. But, I also have 30 other games that are fun to play. If I can play a game that's fun AND isn't constantly reminding me of how many corners got cut, or how much they can't keep their story straight on their vision for the game, or how much they don't give a fuck about half of their characters because they're dudes, then I'd probably play that instead.

Best post by far.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD