Senran Kagura Series

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Anyone here want to play Shinobi Deathmatch on PS4 some time?

Also, from experience and just my opinion right now;

Top Tier: Rin, Naraku, Daidoji, Kagura, Kanu
Upper-high Tier: Ryofu, Hakafu, Imu, Miyabi, Homura, Ayane
High-mid Tier: Sayuri, Murakumo, Hikage, Ayame, Ikaruga, Yumi, Jasmine
Middle Tier: Renka, Kafuru, Yozakura, Asuka, Yagyuu
Mid-low Tier: Yomi, Ryobi, Shiki, Mirai, Hibari
Low Tier: Katsuragi, Murasaki, Ryoki, Haruka, Ryona, Minori
Bottom/Hanabi Tier: Hanabi
Ryona is low tier??? No way....I'll have to change your mind when the game gets in my hands.../;-)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
She's really good and has good range when I play her i don't get how she's low tier since.
Well like Asuka she is pretty balanced in all fields, so it may be because she doesn't excel in one major ability. And I've noticed that her more damaging gun strings have a lot of recovery.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Ryona has no range at all and her only approach tool is extremely easy to block AND parry.

This is all based on Shinobi Deathmatch in multi-play. Not in single player.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Ryona has no range at all and her only approach tool is extremely easy to block AND parry.

This is all based on Shinobi Deathmatch in multi-play. Not in single player.
.....well, damn.:oops: And none of the girls I like are even mid tier...oh well. I'll still at least TRY to best you Hajin. XD You use Ayane primarily, I presume? She is your girl after all.

EDIT: I like Ikaruga and she looks pretty decent, so I may still have a slim chance.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
.....well, damn.:oops: And none of the girls I like are even mid tier...oh well. I'll still at least TRY to best you Hajin. XD You use Ayane primarily, I presume? She is your girl after all.

EDIT: I like Ikaruga and she looks pretty decent, so I may still have a slim chance.

I play Miyabi and Ayane. But as far as characters I like in Senran; it's Miyabi, Homura, Imu and Yagyu.

The tier list just shows which characters are stronger and which have better tools. So it's not like you'll lose automatically because your character is low tier (unless you're Hanabi lol).

@Dark-truth I've tried since I like her as a character, and she is very good. Strong ninja art supers, fast as hell, great dashing and mobility and does good damage.

Don't let the tier list determine who you want to play, play who you like and learn the character to have a better chance in PvP. I've lost a Ikaruga and a Jasmine before, and beat Kaguras, Rins, Daidojis and a Naraku. It really depends on how well you understand your character and learn the mechanics of the game.

Just a couple of things about the game;

Ninja Arts/Supers can out prioritize another depending on which one you use.

Art 1 (L+Square) Loses to Art 2 (L+Triangle), Art 2 and 1 loses to Art 3 (L+Circle)

So if someone uses Arts near you and whiff badly, you can punish with a stronger Art.

If characters have the ability to charge moves during their normal square strings (either Square or Triangle), you can break people's guards if they're blocking. So it's good to mix it up.

If your character has a projectile move, it can have a shit ton of utility. Like when I play randoms I'd do it from a far and it only goes in a straight line, so I just bait them to move closer to me and I'll see what they wanna do and go from there. Plasma like projectiles cannot be blocked either and don't really seem worth parrying. Just dodge the plasma.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I play Miyabi and Ayane. But as far as characters I like in Senran; it's Miyabi, Homura, Imu and Yagyu.

The tier list just shows which characters are stronger and which have better tools. So it's not like you'll lose automatically because your character is low tier (unless you're Hanabi lol).

@Dark-truth I've tried since I like her as a character, and she is very good. Strong ninja art supers, fast as hell, great dashing and mobility and does good damage.

Don't let the tier list determine who you want to play, play who you like and learn the character to have a better chance in PvP. I've lost a Ikaruga and a Jasmine before, and beat Kaguras, Rins, Daidojis and a Naraku. It really depends on how well you understand your character and learn the mechanics of the game.

Art 1 (L+Square) Loses to Art 2 (L+Triangle), Art 2 and 1 loses to Art 3 (L+Circle)

So if someone uses Arts near you and whiff badly, you can punish with a stronger Art.

If characters have the ability to charge moves during their normal square strings (either Square or Triangle), you can break people's guards if they're blocking. So it's good to mix it up.

If your character has a projectile move, it can have a shit ton of utility. Like when I play randoms I'd do it from a far and it only goes in a straight line, so I just bait them to move closer to me and I'll see what they wanna do and go from there. Plasma like projectiles cannot be blocked either and don't really seem worth parrying. Just dodge the plasma.
Awesome! The way you described everything makes it really sound exciting!

Dark-truth

I don't let the tier list decide with who I wanna play I already have my mains and no one can change them even if they're the worst.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
This is from my experience, but Estival Versus players online in a nutshell;

Majority of players in this game will play with a single gimmick or gameplan and spam it (I mean honestly that's how you play the game lol). But fall apart when you figure them out and deny their gameplan or cheap gimmick. So they will resort to one of the following;

1) Continue doing just jump+triangle
2) Run away for the rest of the game
3) Rage quit

Solutions;

1) Just block and punish quickly, there are very few triangle smash attacks that you cannot block in this game. Or stay within range so you can punish their whiffed aerial smash move.

2) I've played so many people that have done this simply because I adapt and deny their gameplan. So they decide to just run away for the rest of the game. Or they will try to run out the clock the last 3-5 minutes just to win off of a timeout with a small life lead.

3) Deny their gimmick/gamplan (some times pretty badly) and they will rage quit.

Some times I run into people that really want to play a lot, or at least more than one game. But most of the time its the above. And rarely have I ran into someone that's actually really good, but I appreciate it when I do because that allows me to adapt to something I haven't experienced yet.

Honestly the game is all about spamming the dumb stuff but at the right time. Yet this is also a game where you actually get around everything if you take time to figure people out. Nothing is unbeatable.

td:lr

Most EV players are pretty bad.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This is from my experience, but Estival Versus players online in a nutshell;

Majority of players in this game will play with a single gimmick or gameplan and spam it (I mean honestly that's how you play the game lol). But fall apart when you figure them out and deny their gameplan or cheap gimmick. So they will resort to one of the following;

1) Continue doing just jump+triangle
2) Run away for the rest of the game
3) Rage quit

Solutions;

1) Just block and punish quickly, there are very few triangle smash attacks that you cannot block in this game. Or stay within range so you can punish their whiffed aerial smash move.

2) I've played so many people that have done this simply because I adapt and deny their gameplan. So they decide to just run away for the rest of the game. Or they will try to run out the clock the last 3-5 minutes just to win off of a timeout with a small life lead.

3) Deny their gimmick/gamplan (some times pretty badly) and they will rage quit.

Some times I run into people that really want to play a lot, or at least more than one game. But most of the time its the above. And rarely have I ran into someone that's actually really good, but I appreciate it when I do because that allows me to adapt to something I haven't experienced yet.

Honestly the game is all about spamming the dumb stuff but at the right time. Yet this is also a game where you actually get around everything if you take time to figure people out. Nothing is unbeatable.

td:lr

Most EV players are pretty bad.
So basically, just play it as solid as you play DOA?

Chapstick

The gist of this game's story

tumblr_o63ri9PSp71v755p6o1_500.jpg

Jadeinchains

Okay well since I've seen a lot of people talking about this game/series I've decided to watch someone play through the story mode to understand it better. ( I actually watched the anime as well a year ago or something and it was actually pretty good! )

And lol that Ryona character is one masochistic girl! I just saw the bit from your avatar @KasumiLover69! :p

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Found this on reddit, this is the official stats of all girls at level 50. Happy to see that Ryona's stats are pretty well balanced at the level 50 cap:

https://i.imgur.com/WJW9pcb.jpg

@YBNDM Ryona has better defense than Haruka, but Haruka is more powerful.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD