Shimbori-san at Season's Beatings plus GUTS Reminder!

Dead or Alive 5 is set to drop in all regions during the final full week of September, with North America leading off the releases September 25. While our friends across the pond will be looking forward to the game's release on September 28th, those tournament-going players in North America will have their choice of two post-release tournaments that begin that same day. Best of all, the Director of Dead or Alive 5 himself, Yohei Shimbori, will be on hand to witness the events of Season's Beatings personally!

Season's Beatings: Ascension will begin September 28th in Cleveland, Ohio. For more information on the event, head over to the tournament thread by clicking here.

Game Underground Tournament Spectacular, with its Dead or Alive 5 tournament run by our very own Gill Hustle, will be taking place during the same time frame in Somerville, Massachusetts. Check out more information by clicking here.

If you have the ability to make it to either tournament, mark it down as an absolute priority in September. Competition at both events should be incredibly strong, so bring your A-game and strive to take home the title at one of the two first Dead or Alive 5 tournaments post-release!

Regarding Shimbori-san or the fact that both tournaments run that same weekend? Unfortunate, that, but a surplus of tournaments is very rarely a bad thing. Edited the GUTS section for clarification.

Regarding Shimbori-san or the fact that both tournaments run that same weekend? Unfortunate, that, but a surplus of tournaments is very rarely a bad thing. Edited the GUTS section for clarification.

True, but YOU KNOW ME and DOA. Not to mention how I made that nice flyer too.

Team Ninja needs to show Team Hustle some love . . .

We're honored that Director Shimbori will be able to attend SB -- please travel to support DOA5 in tournament -- give it a strong showing and prove that it can pull the numbers of the other tournament games, to make sure it has a long-lasting competitive life! And please spread the word!!!

I don't think this comes even close to that. It's relatively normal to have tournaments running at the same time in different regions in other fighters. Again, this is a good "problem" to have.

Its just funny to me that if this were D.I.D that Shimbori was heading to instead of Seasons Beatings everyone would be shitting their pants and making threads about how a certain mexican american is dividing the community.

In any case this is basically a free payday for Perfect Legend or any one of the number of FSD elite who laid hands on the various builds over the last few months - so good job convincing Shimbori to get a company sponsored vacation to America and good luck hood winking a bunch of people who haven't had a 10th of the time with the game as many of you have had :)

Oh yeah, free online tournament the same weekend hosted by me.

That's a twisted way of looking at it, but you're welcome to your viewpoint. I may join your free online tournament depending on the day if you're serious. I'm budgeting my vacation time to hit up NEC.

Its just funny to me that if this were D.I.D that Shimbori was heading to instead of Seasons Beatings everyone would be shitting their pants and making threads about how a certain mexican american is dividing the community.

In any case this is basically a free payday for Perfect Legend or any one of the number of FSD elite who laid hands on the various builds over the last few months - so good job convincing Shimbori to get a company sponsored vacation to America and good luck hood winking a bunch of people who haven't had a 10th of the time with the game as many of you have had :)

Oh yeah, free online tournament the same weekend hosted by me.

Wow, glad you're staying home then.

Wow, glad you're staying home then.

Ignore him. He's been a well-known DOA troll for many, many years. He was even banned from CGS and I believe restricted from WCG at one point as well. A lot of people have him on ignore, myself included. It's just easier that way.

I'm very serious about the online tournament and it was something I was planning on doing for a long time - I'm not doing it to harm these offline events.

Also, if having radically different view points makes you a troll then, god dammit, that Ralph Nader fuck had to be trolling with all those failed presidential bids. There is no way this guy was actually trying to get into the white house!

Anyway. . . .

@Relius: Have you considered pushing that online tourney to sometime around November? Given the events offline, it would seem ideal if you don't want it to interfere with anything. Either that or maybe January.

Fighting game tournaments will never get old, they are here to stay and its a very wonderful thing for TN to do this. This is their chance to prove everybody that DOA
can be on a serious level as VF & Tekken and to show the lame haters that TN doesn't
need their fomer leader. DOA will NEVER die, so fuck the haters :cool:

@Relius: Have you considered pushing that online tourney to sometime around November? Given the events offline, it would seem ideal if you don't want it to interfere with anything. Either that or maybe January.

No because like Cyberevil said these kinds of things happen all the time in other communities.

DOA5 has arrived 3 weeks early!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD