Shortcut commands.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Have anyone noticed that the game will recognize simplier commands for more complex ones. For ex. Tina has a move that is :236::P:, but the game will recognize :2::6::P: as the same thing. Im not happy with this as it causes incorrect output of moves.

damedame

Yeah. I've seen that. It can be irritating sometimes when you get the wrong move. I've tried to do :236: and frequently also get :3::3: as the move.
I've also had cases where I think I input :236::P: and get :2::3::6::3::6::9::P:
I swear the controllers are out to get me. hehe
The most annoying is when it randomly seems to record 789 (UP directions) when I know I never went off the bottom of the pad. Wind up jumping in the air and getting high counter damage usually. :(

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Its annoying. In the next patch TN should take it out. And lower the buffer window slightly aswell.

Raansu

It does it all the time for me, especially for Rig. I'll go for his launcher throw and just get his arm break throw.

daman077c

I normally get 236p instead of 46p when using Leifang, but it's alleviated by slowing down my inputs on pad. Doesn't happen the extremely few times I've used a stick.

IIRC, this same issue was in 4 as well.

Dave

ANNOYING. I thought it was my controller, but it is def. this game. The training is so irritating. Even to reset positions it was a fucking hassle. Half of the time it didn't work, the other half of the time it did but I was attacking my opponent as it reset so it was basically useless. Now, with the patch it doesn't seem to work at all. Did they take the reset position command out completely? Or change it?

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
No, its still there. They should have just left it as the back button.

Ace Flibble

Sometimes it helps. Tina's :3_: :6::4::H+P:, for example, can be done simply as :6::1::4::H+P:, making it possible to throw it out much quicker, basically bypassing the second you'd be holding 3. That's very handy.

The only real problem I've had is mid-string directions not registering properly, for example something like :4::P::P::2::K:, the :2: sometimes won't show up as having been input at all even though I certainly can not be hallucinating pressing it. This only seems to happen very occasionally though.

Though I suppose I should clarify that I'm using an MLG Pro Circuit controller with the fightpad-style replacement D-pad. I've no idea if the regular 360 pad or an arcade stick would have more or less problems.

Doug Nguyen

Its annoying. In the next patch TN should take it out. And lower the buffer window slightly aswell.

Yes 1000 times yes. If the window was shorter i wouldnt mess up so much. How was the input in DOA2? I only played DOA4 and it felt very fluid.

Its not the game fault bet when ever i try to pre buffer Helena's 33P4P. I always pre buffer to early and i do 3P4P instead. Totally messes up my combo.

Sometimes it helps. Tina's :3_: :6::4::H+P:, for example, can be done simply as :6::1::4::H+P:, making it possible to throw it out much quicker, basically bypassing the second you'd be holding 3. That's very handy.
The only real problem I've had is mid-string directions not registering properly, for example something like :4::P::P::2::K:, the :2: sometimes won't show up as having been input at all even though I certainly can not be hallucinating pressing it. This only seems to happen very occasionally though.

Though I suppose I should clarify that I'm using an MLG Pro Circuit controller with the fightpad-style replacement D-pad. I've no idea if the regular 360 pad or an arcade stick would have more or less problems.

Yeah happens to me all the time, its because your pre buffering the 3 to early. I hate it. Sometimes i have to avoid my best combos because of this annoying pre buffering window.

Chaos

Thats why it needs to be taken out. The input and buffering should go back to Doa2 status.
Oh hell yeah! I been saying the buffering controls are terrible compared to the previous series & I had the same annoying problem too
There a few things that disappointed me about DOA5 & the buffering input is one of them. :(

Doug Nguyen

Oh hell yeah! I been saying the buffering controls are terrible compared to the previous series & I had the same annoying problem too
There a few things that disappointed me about DOA5 & the buffering input is one of them. :(
At first i thought it was just me but glad to know its the game. This to me is one of the biggest problems. It just messes up my play style.

Chaos

ANNOYING. I thought it was my controller, but it is def. this game. The training is so irritating. Even to reset positions it was a fucking hassle. Half of the time it didn't work, the other half of the time it did but I was attacking my opponent as it reset so it was basically useless. Now, with the patch it doesn't seem to work at all. Did they take the reset position command out completely? Or change it?
I have the SS setting for L1+:8: so I can space around better but sometimes when im trying to SS (by pressing L1+:8:), it will force me to punch instead
and I'll get punish for it. :(

BlasianBorn

:6::4: and :4::6:commands are always tricky for me, because they seem to always come out as :214: or :2::3::6:
I have the same issue sometimes when I'm doing Eliot's :4::6::P: after some strings and I end up doing :2::3::6::P: instead. Maybe I just need to try to be more precise in my button pressing because it's frustrating.

Kiku

If you have problems with the buffer you should use :h: after your current move. It will delete all inputs which would have followed after that.

And don't use shortcuts, you will fuck up your execution for upcoming games. I have seen sf4-players who couldn't perform a shoryuken in ST because they're were just mashing :3: :3: in sf4...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD