Should 1.03a Tag be the new tournament standard?

Should 1.03a Tag be the new tournament standard?

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters

MasterHavik

It's not about weather it is COOL or not.
Of all modes, TAG was the one mode that already had everything going with it, from guaranteed setups, to insane juggles.. etc.

This COOL feature that you are talking about does not help the mode but hurts it.

I'm all for the 1 hit kills that can be pulled off in tag, provided they were done with TAG CANCELING, the way it should have always been done. That way, there is far more value to maintaining both team members and trying to come up with team synergy. And the threat of losing 1 of your team members puts you at a severe disadvantage as you lose that ability to set up those guaranteed situations. Having the glitch makes these core elements of tag almost secondary with some characters to the point that they don't even need a partner, which is stupid.

If they want to keep the glitch, they should keep it in ALL modes. If they want to remove it, it should be removed from ALL modes, simple as that. Different frame data in different modes is not healthy for ANY game, period.
Look man I like you everything, but thanks to you Zack is now trash tier in a 1v1 setting. He had the tools to become a monster, but you gotta go and say something. Thanks Cow. The same man that told me Zack was top tier to begin with......He got some great buffs too, but they all went down the toilet when TN took away the SE glitch.

Anyways...I'm going to try out Zack, Christie, and Tina in tag. I need to see it for myself people.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
This takes nothing away from tag. Quit trying to drive everybody off.

It's not like Cow is trying to drive everyone off. Cow was one of main people who kept pushing tag in the UK scene before he left.

He just has a different view of how the little things should be.

Not taking sides here, but I just thought I should clear something up.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's not like Cow is trying to drive everyone off. Cow was one of main people who kept pushing tag in the UK scene before he left.

He just has a different view of how the little things should be.

Not taking sides here, but I just thought I should clear something up.

So he is accidentally driving people off while at the same time being totally oblivious to everyone who is telling him this?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
So he is accidentally driving people off while at the same time being totally oblivious to everyone who is telling him this?

Not accidentally driving anyone anywhere. Simply stating my opinion, which happens to conflict with yours. I disagree with your opinion and just like everyone else have a right to argue, which is one of the points of having such a forum. I'm not gonna sit quietly while someone is trying to push for something that affects the game fundamentally that I disagree with. The other side of the argument needs to be heard too.

My opinion still stands. Although I am against the SE glitch, I am more against having conflicting frame data in 2 modes of the same game. as I stated before:

"If they want to keep the glitch, they should keep it in ALL modes. If they want to remove it, it should be removed from ALL modes, simple as that. Different frame data in different modes is not healthy for ANY game, period."

I also stated how TTT2, which people like to compare tag mode with, has the the same frame data for a given character if that character were chosen as a single fighter or as a team member.

If TN decide at the end of the day to keep the glitch in all modes, then as much as I do NOT agree with that decision, I will have to live with it. and if they decide remove it from all modes then you will have to live with it. But right now, I think the current state of conflicting frame data in 2 modes of the same game is a total mess, especially for the competitive scene that you strongly claim to be supportive of.

and if they decide not to change what they have now and keep both modes as different as they are now when we both have to live with it.

People need to wake up and realize that neither your opinion nor mine matters in the end, and that the final say will always be TN's and Shinbori-san's.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
If our opinions didn't matter to TN, they wouldn't look to them.

And besides that, you believe it makes an impact yourself EC. If you didn't, you wouldn't make such longwinded posts all the time.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Im sorry but with or without the glitch tag always had different frame data depending on if you tag out or not...

No, it didn't. If you're talking about the effect of TAG CANCELING, that is a different thing and applies to almost every tag mode in every game out there.

The ground game and the frames of the ground game (outside of TAG CANCELING) were the same for any given single character both in single and in tag mode.

DR2K

No, it didn't. If you're talking about the effect of TAG CANCELING, that is a different thing and applies to almost every tag mode in every game out there.

The ground game and the frames of the ground game (outside of TAG CANCELING) were the same for any given single character both in single and in tag mode.

Err. . . combos and moves themselves have different properties. I have access to a plethera of different single character combos not possible in single player mode. Don't understand the arguement with needing parity with single player mode. Team synergy and the logistics behind tag makes it completely different game altogether.

lopedo

If our opinions didn't matter to TN, they wouldn't look to them.

And besides that, you believe it makes an impact yourself EC. If you didn't, you wouldn't make such longwinded posts all the time.

They don't listen to us. They listen to the people who suck them off despite their constant failures.

If they listen to you, welp, now you know why that is.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
They don't listen to us. They listen to the people who suck them off despite their constant failures.

Sure thing, mister storm-off-in-the-middle-of-a-match-to-get-a-patch.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Good point. They only listen if they get their dicks sucked, or slapped.

I wouldn't say they got slapped there. They were not exactly obligated to talk to you.

If it was me, and you'd done that, I probably would've just ignored your ass and chalked it up to crazy american gamer behavior.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor

if they didn't listen to y'all you wouldn't even be having this discussion. you think its a coincidence that right after that whole SE debacle you ended up with it being implemented in tag? TN does listen the question is what parts will they act on.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm up for it, even though i haven't tried out 1.03 (because Xbox doesn't have the patch yet). I started learning Kokoro a few weeks ago (as a secondary) so i should be back on DOA5 once the patch is in for both singles and tag. Until the patch gets on Xbox...more Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur for me.

RoboJoe

A quick question. If tag becomes the standard, what would be a good choice in amount of rounds and games needed to win? Would it stay 2/3 games with 3/5 rounds or not?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Just thought I'd mention that at Winter Brawl this weekend there were a few Marvel/Street Fighter players who watched myself and Immerwolf play tag. They enjoyed watching it and might pick up the game based on what they saw.
Excellent work! :cool:

DR2K

Just thought I'd mention that at Winter Brawl this weekend there were a few Marvel/Street Fighter players who watched myself and Immerwolf play tag. They enjoyed watching it and might pick up the game based on what they saw.

Any videos up of said tag?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Any videos up of said tag?

Not yet, but I did record the stream of the Tag Tournament so I'll upload those later. Sadly, I didn't know of Twitch messing up on Saturday until the pools were finished, so most of the Singles matches are broken up and scattered. Sad too, as there are some matches I would have loved to view again; like Ryujin vs Sonic Fox in Winner's Finals of Pool A where Ryujin did 95% health damage to Sonic Fox.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD