Characters Should Alpha have wake-up-kicks in Last Round?

Alpha = WUKs in Last Round?

• No... it's balanced the way it is.

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Yes... she needs them to compete with other characters.

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Alpha 222

Dillinger we can obviously tell that you don't play Alpha 152 much because a true Alpha player knows all of Alpha's flawes and I am one of them Alpha 152 is my main on Dead or Alive 5 ultimate and people do like to spam Alpha in to walls she does not have a wake up kick she rarley does wake up teleports and people when she does recover float other player always just rush attack her.

Alpha 222

Hey I was just looking at the original Dead or Alive 5 I see that Alpha 152 moves are mush faster on there while some of that speed really was took away on Dead or Alive 5 ultimate hm to bad maybe they will bring back her full speed

sirenofscience

Where does the misconception that she is ass come from? No she does not need a wake-up kick that's not how the character is designed. Her holds and wake-up options are limited because of her intense offensive capabilities! She has three CB's (two mids and a high, two of which that are pretty hard to react to, even offline), two really good offensive holds, decent throw setups (your classic Kasumi 66T shennanigans), and a Half-Life command throw. Her parries are aiight but not so bad that she can't keep out of a corner with a good read. Plus a 9-frame jab, great spacing tools, the list goes on... also alot of her moves have really weird properties that bypass a lot of ground game on principle, A152 doesn't need wakeup kicks because you shouldn't be on the ground very often with her

Intelligent Alpha

Where does the misconception that she is ass come from? No she does not need a wake-up kick that's not how the character is designed. Her holds and wake-up options are limited because of her intense offensive capabilities! She has three CB's (two mids and a high, two of which that are pretty hard to react to, even offline), two really good offensive holds, decent throw setups (your classic Kasumi 66T shennanigans), and a Half-Life command throw. Her parries are aiight but not so bad that she can't keep out of a corner with a good read. Plus a 9-frame jab, great spacing tools, the list goes on... also alot of her moves have really weird properties that bypass a lot of ground game on principle, A152 doesn't need wakeup kicks because you shouldn't be on the ground very often with her

Teching up fucks you up, too though! Now, I will say again, just because she is pure offense, doesn't mean ... I can't tell you how often I've got fucked up bull-rushing somebody - usually ending up bull-rushed myself! But wait! You shouldn't be otg with anybody else either! But I see herp-derp WUKs with everyone else! Do they need them?

I'll ask you, how do you get by when people 44 or 66 like they are the shit - regardless of her downed position? What do you do if you ever get the opportunity to techup (heaven forbid, you are near a wall?) But, you are literally saying WUK wise, we gotta revert back to Vanilla Alpha. I guess I'll take that trade since the tom-fuckery in Ultimate (AI Genfu was the master of the 44/66 in Survival and I'd be lying if I said I don't see that shit online!)

Everybody thinks her offense is fucking stupid, it's not! It was stupid in 4, but it's not even half that now! And what ground game? This bitch is pure airmail - especially in tag!

I use her but she seems like a "just because" character. Rush recklessly, just because. Spam RUSH or BURST just because. She wasn't made to do this or that; yet, the other characters weren't made to be played the other ways I see them played. Again, just because X works, doesn't mean Y never will. If a pure defensive character was made, who'd rely on it 99% of the time? I doubt anyone would!

Someone said: Gimmicks are nice, but don't become dependent on them as that will get you in trouble!

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
No need to give her a WUK. She's really high on damage, mixup and offense that she ends up being unfair by actually having a former of defence.

Intelligent Alpha

No need to give her a WUK. She's really high on damage, mixup and offense that she ends up being unfair by actually having a former of defence.

I must be the most unfair player out there because I have no clue how whether I win or lose why or how often people complain about me being defensive when this ought not be the case given the character I play and ftr, I rarely if ever hold or parry!

But wait, Baiting, Conditioning, Poking, Spacing, Footsies ought to be thrown out the window because that makes her unfair? GMFAB! Seriously, she can't even use the WUK she has and everyone cried his or her heart out for her to get one! This isn't a matter of her being OP - I wish folks would let that go. Most already go for cap damage doing combos!

If a character is bad on one extreme, going directly to the other sometimes makes it worse, but folks don't get that. Why? I don't know.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Hey, I played Bass for two years, I know where you're coming from, but unfortunately these issues are not going to be addressed because that's how these characters were designed. I won't really get my hopes up for some characters to be drastically changed. Doing that would mean actually having to create new characters.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I have to say... I'm definitely taken back by how many people voted against her having wuks. Perhaps I want my character to be tooooo over-powered.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I have to say... I'm definitely taken back by how many people voted against her having wuks. Perhaps I want my character to be tooooo over-powered.
I think it would actually be an interesting addition to arcade Legend difficulty mode where for the final boss, they had you fight Alpha 152 with wake-up kicks. I always wanted to see how she would play if she did possess them.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Teching up fucks you up, too though! Now, I will say again, just because she is pure offense, doesn't mean ... I can't tell you how often I've got fucked up bull-rushing somebody - usually ending up bull-rushed myself! But wait! You shouldn't be otg with anybody else either! But I see herp-derp WUKs with everyone else! Do they need them?

I'll ask you, how do you get by when people 44 or 66 like they are the shit - regardless of her downed position? What do you do if you ever get the opportunity to techup (heaven forbid, you are near a wall?) But, you are literally saying WUK wise, we gotta revert back to Vanilla Alpha. I guess I'll take that trade since the tom-fuckery in Ultimate (AI Genfu was the master of the 44/66 in Survival and I'd be lying if I said I don't see that shit online!)

Everybody thinks her offense is fucking stupid, it's not! It was stupid in 4, but it's not even half that now! And what ground game? This bitch is pure airmail - especially in tag!

I use her but she seems like a "just because" character. Rush recklessly, just because. Spam RUSH or BURST just because. She wasn't made to do this or that; yet, the other characters weren't made to be played the other ways I see them played. Again, just because X works, doesn't mean Y never will. If a pure defensive character was made, who'd rely on it 99% of the time? I doubt anyone would!

Someone said: Gimmicks are nice, but don't become dependent on them as that will get you in trouble!

Zato-1 from Guilty Gear has offensive pressure up the ass.. want to know what his weakness is? His poor defensive options. Now, this may be a bad comparison seeing how good Zato is compared to A152.. but that was their main focus from the start. Removing the ability to not do WUK's would flaw her whole ideal gameplan and they'd have to change her in some way in terms of playstyle.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
If we're talking DOA5 Vanilla, that makes sense, but in DOA5 Ultimate it's a different story.

She's not the offensive goddess she used to be. And if I hear "half life combos" one more time I will scream. What character doesn't have some crazy combo? Most don't even have to press a lot of buttons.

Overall, I felt like they were taking a different approach with Alpha where offense and defense mesh, and that's the reason I created this thread.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
If it makes you feel any better, I voted the super-secret hidden option "She needs more special wakeup options"

Nereus

Standard Donor
If we're talking DOA5 Vanilla, that makes sense, but in DOA5 Ultimate it's a different story.

She's not the offensive goddess she used to be. And if I hear "half life combos" one more time I will scream. What character doesn't have some crazy combo? Most don't even have to press a lot of buttons.

Overall, I felt like they were taking a different approach with Alpha where offense and defense mesh, and that's the reason I created this thread.
Understandable, i feel the same way with Seth in UNiEL. Poor defensive options as well as his Offense being ok. What he can do doesn't make up for his horrid health either.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If it makes you feel any better, I voted the super-secret hidden option "She needs more special wakeup options"
They need to give her another non-unfair way to compensate for her poor wake-up game. I mean, if they're gonna let Phase 4 teleport on block, they can at least give Alpha 152 something for her trouble.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
They need to give her another non-unfair way to compensate for her poor wake-up game. I mean, if they're gonna let Phase 4 teleport on block, they can at least give Alpha 152 something for her trouble.
Zordon's nursemaid kinda does have a wakeup kick, but it's similar to Kasumi's special wakeup kick...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Zordon's nursemaid kinda does have a wakeup kick, but it's similar to Kasumi's special wakeup kick...
Oh i forgot that one! I tried it once on arcade, but the computer blocked me. I've tried maining Alpha, but i just can't do it....having only one wake-up attack is not something i can deal with.

Tones

Premium Donor
I didn't vote because the options are too limit. She should get something but not a wake up kick.

She needs something to make it a 50/50 scenario that is just as bad as her current option but the flaw doesn't have the same answer from the opponent.

Ideas:
- From the floor she teleports or flips forward (enough to go the back of the opponent if they are rushing or standing mid range) and gets puts her in the flying stand
- She flies back as she does but also to the fore/background so that it's slightly extended sidestep
- She gets up as she currently does but she finishes the get up by doing one of the things above.

That's actually not happening. That was an AI that did that.

People that still struggle with Alpha... well I laugh at them... which is still roughly 90% of this community.
Just goes to show how many people should be talking how TN should be balancing.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD