Soapbox: Community Activism and the DOA Narrative

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Very much so. The problem is, she sill keep posting, thus making the banter inevitable unless we either ignore her or ban her, both of which doesn't turn out good. That is, unless you have a better solution for dealing with one of said people who clearly doesn't want things to get any better. Not to say that the banter is a good oslution rather, it's the only solution that, to me at least, makes any sense.

You already said it;

And, thus, we'll leave them behind.

That or just simply walk away and off to something more worthwhile to invest time into. At least that's what she's doing now, which is a good start.

Dark-truth

In closing, I think it would be cool if we could delete our FSD accounts.

Clearly, no one can agree to disagree. People here consistently have an urge to look down upon others that share a similar hobby. Being short and condescending is where it's at. If that is the case then so be it. You folks have fun.

Let the top players do what they want with their offline tournaments. Let the casuals do what they want online. It is pretty apparent that the two can't seem to mix worth a shit.

DOA has a fragmented, and depressing, little community. I don't see it changing.
LOL to be honest when i look at the tournament players on youtube i think they aren't even that good lol most of them spam the same shit and are basic. i know i'm not a pro but im better then a few of those tournament players. online players are better in my opinion because they are used to delay and all that kind of problems offline players aren't used to that

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
i know i'm not a pro but im better then a few of those tournament players.

Watching a tournament does not necessarily mean you're watching highly skilled players only. Everyone's welcome at tournaments, so it's not rare that you'll also see newcomers around there who just entered for the fun.

However, your statement is still questionable as long as you haven't participated in a tournament by yourself and proofed it.

online players are better in my opinion because they are used to delay and all that kind of problems offline players aren't used to that

The thing about the online delay is that it's a random factor that might influence the outcome of a fight, regardless if it is for a players favor or disfavor. So how are you gonna rate someone's 'skill' level based on something that's random?

Last edited:

Raansu

LOL to be honest when i look at the tournament players on youtube i think they aren't even that good lol most of them spam the same shit and are basic. i know i'm not a pro but im better then a few of those tournament players. online players are better in my opinion because they are used to delay and all that kind of problems offline players aren't used to that

Go win a tournament then.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Like what PewPew said, on tournament streams you'll see a combination of high level players and low level players. Not everyone that performs at a tournament is godlike at DOA. The fact that these players are making an effort to step out of their comfort zone to support the DOA offline scene is a reason why I think they deserve more respect than the average online player, whom would just stay in the comfort of their home to play laggy online. Playing in a tournament is ALOT different to playing online due to the completely different environment. You may think you can do better than them, but then once you factor in tournament nerves, it's an all new ballgame.

The last part of your post is horribly incorrect as well. Most online warriors that perform offline tend to mess up their input timings because they're too accustomed to buffering all their commands too early, which doesn't work as well offline. They're also not as accustomed to their online tactics getting stuffed on a regular basis.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
aw-here-it-goes-gif.gif

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Just going to point this out;

I find it funny when one of the worst people on the planet is trying to talk about unity in a community, when he literally took initiative to disrespect both the offline scene and the Chicago local scene, refusing to support it. And disrespecting Hoodless. Spent all of last year trashing the community and the offline scene and several players, and chose to feed the "online warrior" mentality throughout PSN.

Please don't ever speak about unity in anything when you're a big reason for certain parts of it getting worse than it already is. It's actually best if you do take your leave because you have nothing to contribute to it other than negative energy anyway.

Anyway, onto this post;

Online play and offline tournament play (offline play in general) are not the same thing or the same feel. They are completely different play environments. Offline play, you are reacting, online you are guessing out of situations that don't necessarily influence you to guess. Online latency allows for random factor which completely changes the game, and the way it's played.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
you're either a complete fucking idiot or a troll.
@Dark-truth, you'll have to forgive Yurlungur's abrasiveness. He can get a tad zealous when it comes to the whole online vs. offline debate, but at the end of the day, he just wants you to understand that supporting your local offline scene where you can does matter, and that if you do have an opportunity to meet folks who share your interests in person, don't pass it up.

You're in the Netherlands, right? Getting in touch with Gehahktbal and the others is a good start.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
@Dark-truth, you'll have to forgive Yurlungur's abrasiveness. He can get a tad zealous when it comes to the whole online vs. offline debate, but at the end of the day, he just wants you to understand that supporting your local offline scene where you can does matter, and that if you do have an opportunity to meet folks who share your interests in person, don't pass it up.

You're in the Netherlands, right? Getting in touch with Gehahktbal and the others is a good start.
@Dark-truth you can also get in touch with @Pictured Mind and @VAND1TA since they live in the Netherlands.

Dark-truth

you're either a complete fucking idiot or a troll, anyways anything you say shouldn't be taken seriously.
dear rude idiot i said in my OPINION so dont be so rude if you clearly cant read lol and i never asked u to agree with me so dont respond lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD