Some More DLC pics

Female Tengu

I didn't play NG2 or whatever so I won't answer that. And DOA 5 is a new title, yes, but it has been seven years my friend. It has been a while. So why are you bitching and moaning for brand new costumes and such? We haven't had a game in almost over a decade you're crying for new everything? As one person said in this thread and leading up to this game, everyone in their mama wanted throwback costumes for all the characters. So you shouldn't be playing the," Oh it's old and recycled." Your opinion does count, so I don't know when I said it didn't count. And my friend....don't make a generalization. I don't know most of these fucking costumes besides a few. The only one I knew off the top of my head was Leifang's dress and that's it. I must be an awful DOA fan.

IMO, and I'm not changing my mind about this, the fans had enough throwbacks. DOA5 has at least two classics for every character. Kasumis C1, then her black version from DOA4. Helenas classic she had since DOA3. Christies classic from DOA3 and so on.
Even two full games(!), DOAU with most remade outfits from DOA1, 2 (PS1 version) and DOAD, which is even a 100% throwback of all major releases of this series: DOA2, 3 and 4. The platform doesn't matter. A true hardcore fanboy will buy all of them anyway. Not saying you are an awful fan. I don't know what kind of a fan you are.

Old outfits, one or two, are ok for me but the new (additional) content should outweight the old. And DOA5 fullfilled that job already (but repeating the same lame things like filling costume slots with color swaps, which is sad after 7 years, don't you think?). I'm sure more fans would be happier to see more new awesome creations for their characters.
And tbh. All non-LE packs so far should be free, cauz they are fanservice only.
If TN wants my support from DLC, they have to work for that, just as I do for my money.

I wonder what comes next, lol

IMO, and I'm not changing my mind about this, the fans had enough throwbacks. DOA5 has at least two classics for every character. Kasumis C1, then her black version from DOA4. Helenas classic she had since DOA3. Christies classic from DOA3 and so on.
Even two full games(!), DOAU with most remade outfits from DOA1, 2 (PS1 version) and DOAD, which is even a 100% throwback of all major releases of this series: DOA2, 3 and 4. The platform doesn't matter. A true hardcore fanboy will buy all of them anyway. Not saying you are an awful fan. I don't know what kind of a fan you are.

Old outfits, one or two, are ok for me but the new (additional) content should outweight the old. And DOA5 fullfilled that job already (but repeating the same lame things like filling costume slots with color swaps, which is sad after 7 years, don't you think?). I'm sure more fans would be happier to see more new awesome creations for their characters.
If TN wants my support from DLC, they have to work for that, just as I do for my money.

I wonder what comes next, lol

I bought the special pack it had stuff I like for Fighters my friends use and I use so Tecmo earned my money for that pack. Now the other two....nope not buying, and that's how I'll be treating the DLC, just like anything I buy.
I'm a fan of DOA so when you say "the fans don't want old costumes, you are not speaking for me, so please don't generalize like that.
Now new ideas for costumes are welcome, but even if they are new, if they are not good I ain't buying that either. Lets just see how the DLC comes along.

Jeremy

Whatever costumes they put out I'll be happy with. The one bad thing though that I realized yesterday is they are NOT cheap. I spent 12$ on those costumes. Er... I'm a sucker though. I also spent an extra 25$ on the CE for the other costumes. It is all worth it though for a game I'll be enjoying for years to come.

Naka80

A question for who have already buy this pack:
these outfits can be used on-line?
Can the opponent see them?!?

Jeremy

A question for who have already buy this pack:
these outfits can be used on-line?
Can the opponent see them?!?

Yes you can use them online.

yes otherpeople can see them (if they have them themselves)
A ton of people have them cuz I see them all the time. (I have them all)

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I aint buying jack till a year later, and there is an ultimate costume pack of all costumes(20 per character) for $25.

DyByHands

Sorry if it's been answered, but can someone reiterate this? I'm in the same position -- I have the Angels set too, but will gladly throw money at TN to get every costume possible. *shameless costume whore* Especially interested in the Divas set as an Helena main.
No one knows when they will be out, yet. But, they are coming at some point.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
If anybody wants the PS3 pre-order costumes, hit me up. I'm gonna end up throwing away the receipt pretty quickly here. Gamestop, btw.

KwonJigglypuff

If anybody wants the PS3 pre-order costumes, hit me up. I'm gonna end up throwing away the receipt pretty quickly here. Gamestop, btw.

Which ones do you have ?
If you have the bunny costumes (angel, devil or diva), I would be very interested.

Btw, why don't you keep them ? :eek:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm pretty sure the code is for the US only since it was from a Gamestop preorder. I'm not sure which pack it was and the bunny costumes actually annoy the shit out of me to even see.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm pretty sure the code is for the US only since it was from a Gamestop preorder. I'm not sure which pack it was and the bunny costumes actually annoy the shit out of me to even see.

If it was from GameStop then it was the Bunny Angels set. White bunny bikinis for Kasumi, Leifang, and Hitomi.

DjDeathCool

Entitled much? As a consumer you purchased what was on the disc at day-one; which was plenty. You deserve no more than that. People need to stop expecting hand outs. I agree that the DLC is overpriced. I think $5 for the entire package and $2 for each booster would be much more fair. However, I'm not in Team Ninja's position, nor do I presume to know the specifications on their pricing. For all we know the first DLC is being subsidized by the price of the second. (It probably isn't but my point is that we don't know what their reasoning is for the high price tag.)

Secondly, there seems to be some kind of backlash/outrage against Team Ninja because they are "recycling" costumes. This seems a bit unfair since there seems to be a fairly large demand from fans asking for their favorite costumes from previous games. I also want to point out that while many of the throwback costumes are similar, if not identical, in design to previous games, they are by no means copy-and-pasted into the game. Many, look to have been redesigned from the ground up. Look at Hitomi's waitress DLC, it looks substantially different it's DoA:U version, while being almost identical in design. Higher poly counts, MUCH better textures and slightly tuned dimensions to fit the modern character models. Granted DoA:U was a 3DS game and a direct copy and paste of anything from that game would look terrible on a modern system. However, the same can still be said for "recycled" costumes from 2U and 4. (I can see why people are let down by color/character swaps, though. From my perspective that's an entirely reasonable argument.)

Thirdly, I want to hypothesize. I find it very likely that the first few packs from Team Ninja are going to end up being almost entirely composed of older "rehashed" costumes. Eventually, the rehashes will die down and we're going to see cooler and cooler costumes. Seriously, if Team Ninja actually makes money off of these DLCs they're not going to stop making them as long as we keep asking for them.

PJudge

Personally I quite like getting old costumes. There were loads from DoA 2 Ultimate that I liked that just seemed to be lost in the jump to DoA4. It all just comes down to the whole 'if you don't like it don't buy it' argument in the end. As it's been said countless times before, both in these forums and in many other games, DLC is an optional addition. At least it's not locked content on the disc. Pricing might be something of a discussion, but if you think that your $5 or £3 (or whatever it equates to) is going to get you the enjoyment of having that costume/map/add-on then spend your money, if not, then pass on it.

Maybe they're just releasing old costumes first, but it could be entirely likely that soon we'll get a pack layout of something like 2 old costumes and 2 new ones, or a pack of old ones and a pack of new ones. People will always complain, so it's a pleasant surprise to see that they are trying to please the feedback that they're getting.

Ooobe

Yes, the costumes are expensive, Yes, I am going to get them. That being said, I'm somewhat insulted that they wouldn't make the bundle available for another week. Cashing in on the desire for instant gratification much?!
I could understand if the bundle was available first and then the individual packs for people who are more selective, but now I have to wait an extra week just for principle sake. :(

KwonJigglypuff

So... let's we'll have at least 5-6 bundles.. this means... 6x12 = 72€ :eek:

I don't know how I came up with that "5-6 bundles" theory, but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a dozen of packs (5€).

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
TN should make packs by iteration. Like a Doa1 pack, Doa2 pack so on and so forth. Also.....they would make a killing if they did it for stages and used the same model above. I would cream if I can play on many of the old stages.

KwonJigglypuff

Great Opera. *_*

I know it's their right to put the costumes/stages/DLC they want but it's their game, but I wish they could come up with polls to know the fans' requests.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD