Southern Players

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
This thread is for DOA players in the dirty south besides me to meet up for gatherings/casuals, making friends, having a good time with one another,local & regional tournaments, & most importantly, getting that offline experience for tourney majors. In hopes of benefiting everyone, I personally section off areas/regions along the borders & within states. You could think of it as a "conference" like the NCAA does lol. For example: TN, Northern GA, Northern AL, & Southern KY "now" has it's area, the "Middle TN area", Southeastern TN, GA, East AL & Northern FL along with portions of SC has area which is part of the "Atlanta area". Eastern TN, Northern NC & VA has a spot, the "VA area". There are plenty more that I've went through on the map & sectioned off. These are just a few to give a general idea.

Here's the current list of the states:

Alabama
Jacnob
DevilReaper

Florida
Brawl Junkie13
Forlorn Penguin
Juilus Rage
Yawbus Don (NOD Subway)
Raansu
Swoozie
Zeo (ZeoRebirth)

Georgia
AniManiac
anth0nygamer
Awesmic
BlackWhiteBoi
Chosen1
CXThomas
EDog21
EPIC PAYNE
FocusDMR
Fred Campbell
Juss2Nycee
Kriloth
Miss Mila Cage
ReeSe 2 HaViK
ShinobixDread
RhythmikDesigns
Yoyo
The Lone Mortal
Beautiful T-18
GodlyHades
Senior_2010

Kentucky
Jamo
R4712-VR88
Nereus

Louisiana
Blackdragon
Cla
Happy Medicine

Mississippi
Shugin

North Carolina
Fastlane
Jyakotu

South Carolina
Immerwolf
Timothy33
BlankOctober

Tennessee
Bushido
J.D.E.
Memphis Legends
Vandy (WoTman X)
NinjaRayMan
Desjah Rei (aka Bladder)
Ghab Stophr
Step

Texas
BEST
DR2K
Emann
JFK Dallaz
MASTER
Project Bokuho
PureYeti
Sweet Revenge
Ice Cold Edge
Lone Weapon X
Dahlsim
BamBiscuit

Virginia
Bingsoo
Blackula
Gruff757
LagStab
N0rdicNinja
Shade Swifteye
SchwarzPhy
Codemaster

Note: Going by folks' location & judging by the maps & the places I've been outside of TN, I realize some states around the south are very close by. What I mean is some live close by the borders & not far away at all. For example, I'm in Chattanooga, Tennessee (closets city close to Knoxville, Tennessee, 1hr & 45mins (nearly 2hrs), & Nashville, Tennessee, 1hr 30mins (Bushido) ) & Memphis, Tennessee (Memphis Legends) by 4hrs & 33mins, but I'm very close to Alabama: 15mins away from state line to Bridgeport going to Stevenson, Scottsboro, Huntsville etc (Hunstville is 1hrs, 20 minutes, 2hrs 7mins away from Oxford (Jacnob) ), 2hrs 13mins away from Birmingham, Alabama. Georgia 35mins away from GA state line close to Fort Olgethorpe, Ringold, Calhun, Rome, 3hrs away (2hr 50mins rounded) from the majority of the GA scene around Atlanta, Athens (on the other side of ATL) Kennesaw, Marietta, Warner Robins, Jonesboro, Lithonia, which is a big reason why I consider myself a local to the scene although I'm in Tennessee: Rhythmik, Fred Campbell, Chosen1, Awesmic, Yoyo, Anth0nygamer, & many more GA players. I'm about 6 to 7 hours away from most of Virginia's scene (Shade Swifteye, Gruff, Blackula, Bingsoo, etc), a little bit outside the box (for me) but it's manageable. Some spots in VA is a bit closer depending on the northern part of TN. North Carolina is in reasonable range, too. Some cities there I'm 3hrs away or more (Fastlane). 3hours away from Glasgow, KY (R4712-VR88).

So check the map & see if you're close by to any other state (check for in-state members too) for whenever you want to get something going.

https://maps.google.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

PureYeti

I'm from the Dallas area also. There will be a Ranking Battle series at Fight Club starting on October 5th and leading up to Texas Bar Fights 10 in December. The games will include TTT2, DOA5, SSF4AE, and UMvC3 so far. Doors open for casuals around 7. DOA at 8, TTT2 at 9, AE and Marvel at 10. All are Xbox except TTT2 is PS3.

The address to Fight Club

2125 Sweetwood Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76131

832-545-8098 ask for Jeff

If anyone is hosting up some DOA meetups then that will be great to know

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I think I'm about to start hosting tourneys too to build up Tennessee's scene or around the area. I may call it The Dirty South Brawl (DSB). Ideas would be appreciated.:)

PureYeti

Hopefully it's at a spot where people can travel to or you can bring it to where other sessions are happening.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Hopefully it's at a spot where people can travel to or you can bring it to where other sessions are happening.
I was thinking about Chattanooga. Maybe towards Nashville around the middle part of Tennessee when I get up some profit. I may move over towards that way because I'm supposed to transfer colleges with MTSU in mind, but we'll see how it goes.

PureYeti

Alright anyone wanna some Dallas gathering before bar fights? My friend is hosting a meetups but it will be gg focus there.

Timothy333

Im in South Carolina at the moment. My gammer tag is Timothy333 on xbox live. Yo. I am new but, if you want to ft10 me regardless of that, it would be much appreciated.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
OP updated. I'll add more once more ppl comment. Hopefully my cousin joins. He's getting deeper into it.

Julius Rage

I personally don't consider Texas and VA south.

Anything beyond Louisiana and above north Carolina are not south to me.

Cla

Standard Donor
I'm in Shreveport, Louisiana. (I was the Kokoro player at Texas Bar Fights 10 if anyone remembers me) And we have about 4 more dedicated DOA players in this area. Our Shreveport Fighting Game Community is going to run a big (40+ people confirmed so far) multi-game tournament in June. Here are the details:

[Jun 1, 2013] Southern Rebellion (Shreveport, LA)

We expect people from all over to show up. Don't miss out on what will be one of the South's bigger fighting game events!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm in Shreveport, Louisiana. (I was the Kokoro player at Texas Bar Fights 10 if anyone remembers me) And we have about 4 more dedicated DOA players in this area. Our Shreveport Fighting Game Community is going to run a big (40+ people confirmed so far) multi-game tournament in June. Here are the details:

[Jun 1, 2013] Southern Rebellion (Shreveport, LA)

We expect people from all over to show up. Don't miss out on what will be one of the South's bigger fighting game events!

I'll see what I can do. :)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Gotcha. What Im doing is seeing if theres a spot for anywhere in the region or local to gather, chill & play some offline casuals.. Even eat some wings or pizza & shit ya know?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD