Special Discount for all DOA games on XBOX

If you're new to the Dead or Alive franchise and own just about any type of XBOX system, you can get the entire fighting series for 86.99. That's less than one of the season passes at regular price, but as a special bonus, these season passes are half off for XBOX players as part of the discount. This sale has just begun and will be running until the 23rd of May.

Dead or Alive 1: Ultimate is an underrated gem that many people new to the franchise have been curious about. The game is currently on sale for 7.99 and while it no longer includes online play or wide-screen support; the character models look really nice on XBOX S|X and I have spent a number of hours just enjoying it without needing to hook up my Saturn or Playstation. This is the cheapest title of the sale and a great start to your digital DOA library.

Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate and Dead or Alive 3, both look incredibly refreshing on S|X. Both of these titles are priced at 11.99 and they are both considered to be fan favorites. DOA3 was never console online, but DOA2 was on the original XBOX alongside DOA1. Like DOA1 - it is no longer online.

Dead or Alive 4 is priced at 14.99 and is one of the most complete 3D fighters on the market, and the last fighting game created by Tomonobu Itagaki (the creator of the series). This game still functions online and is the oldest online fighting game available on the market today.

Dead or Alive 6 (Digital Deluxe) and Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Full Game) are priced at 19.99 and are still incredibly active today for their age. Ever since DOA6 frame rate issues were addressed on XBOX S|X there have been more players emerging on the system. I have been playing on XBOX because I always find a ranked game in a timely manner even if the lobby system is hit or miss. Since the sale started yesterday, I find myself in a match within 30-75 seconds.

DOA6 had a messy launch, but it has since recovered from many of its issues and some players are saying DOA6U isn't needed because current-gen hardware has fixed the issues they originally had with the game. Hoodless Weekly is one way players have kept active with the game, and this may continue with XBOX if more players recommend it. DOA6 will also be appearing at Combo Breaker later this month.

Last edited:
Finally DOA5LR goes on sale on Xbox. Gotta scoop it up as this might be the only time ever, lol. Glad they're promoting the sale, especially when it comes to DOA1-DOA4.

I hope this increases the amount of people online on DOA5LR... but then again, maybe everyone playing that does ranked matches and I wouldn't know, since DOA5LR only lets you go online without having Gold through lobby matches ever since they allowed it so that Free to Play games have free online. In contrast, DOA6 CF lets you go online without Gold in both lobby and ranked matches.

lets you go online without having Gold through lobby matches ever since they allowed it so that Free to Play games have free online. In contrast, DOA6 CF lets you go online without Gold in both lobby and ranked matches.

Wait, what? You can play online without gold now?

Wait, what? You can play online without gold now?

in Free to Play games, yes...

The great thing about DOA5LR and DOA6 is that even if you buy the full games you still play them as their CF versions, just with all the full content unlocked.

But I feel like they kinda screwed it up for DOA5LR CF (like I said, in that you can only search and join lobbies, you can't make lobbies or play ranked)

DOA6 CF is fully online without Gold.

Last edited:
Tbh the day they add doa1 to 4 to PC will be when I'm fully happy since I'd love to play the old games on PC. I like 6 but I feel like the older DOAs would definitely have alot of traction on PC, especially since I think steam is Microsoft affiliated

I really hope that we can have DOAXBV and DOAX2 backwards compatible too. It would be great!
I was also looking for matches on DOA4 online recently but could not find anybody.

I really hope that we can have DOAXBV and DOAX2 backwards compatible too. It would be great!
I was also looking for matches on DOA4 online recently but could not find anybody.

If you petitioned it, I would back up DOAX backwards compatibility 100%. DOA4 you have to be on at the right time of the day or schedule with your friends OR check to see if anyone is streaming.

BTW the sale despite being advertised to end on the 23rd is actually still going on XBOX today. Remember the Season passes are half off and that doesn't happen often.

Unfortunately MS has said the BC is 100% done now due to licensing and stuff and the chances of DOAX are very slim because of all the licensed music is my guess.
It would have been nice to have the 2 volleyball games on Xbox Series just for fun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD