DOA5LR Special wake-ups video

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
What's up everyone. Here I bring to you a short video showing the character specific wake-up moves. I have been playing the game for over a year and I don't see these moves as often in the game. Honestly I didn't even know some of them exist before making the video.

These special wake-ups are for the majority of the roster, but not everyone. Rig and Christie don't have such a tool, neither do the VF cast. I also noticed that the NG guests and all the DLC characters are lacking special wake-ups too. But I might be wrong. Please let me know if I left out anyone!

EDIT:
微博桌面截图_20151012231736.jpg

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Cool video. I think you've got them all.

Actually there still is Kasumi's K6K, but I don't know if you left that one out on purpose because it isn't necessarily a 'special wake-up option'. Just an additional follow-up kick from her standard mid wake up kick.

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
Cool video. I think you've got them all.

Actually there still is Kasumi's K6K, but I don't know if you left that one out on purpose because it isn't necessarily a 'special wake-up option'. Just an additional follow-up kick from her standard mid wake up kick.
Yeah you are absolutely correct. I felt that move was more like a continuation of the standard wake-up kick and decided not to include it.

Thanks man. From now on, I'll follow this guide when I wake up from bed.
No Problem. Just pay attention to the way you lie in bed.

Is it bad I didn't know about like more than half of these >.>
I think it is semi-reasonable not knowing anyone other than your main (sadly Rig doesn't have one), since these moves are seen so rarely.

KING JAIMY

Aside from people not being aware of the existence of some of these special wake-ups, I also believe one of the reasons why people don't use them is because (almost) all of them are unsafe on block. There is a bigger pay-off by just tech rolling or doing a mid wake up kick (which is not throw punishable on block due to pushback).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD