SRK: Community Matters – Or Why A Game Is Legitimate Only If There Are People Playing It

Skilletor

Funny you say that since Garou has characters built around abusing feint cancels to make guard strings that can easily break your guard and create more combo opportunities. These feints also required pretty precise timing on some characters, like Gato, if you wanted to play them to their full potential. If you want other games to be more like garou, having more advantage and links would be a great way to do it.

Skilletor

beleave me a combo that make full guard break is not easy :)

Easy is relative and exactly my point since you were just bitching in another post about the timing of links.

The PLus frames on block is what makes the game broken. I really love there isnt or at least there are pretty less moves in doa5 with + on block.
And the Hold SYSTEM is something that all fighting games needs. Not to spent Entire life of trying to learn a 1-2 frame combo links and still miss it like noob.Compare the other games DOA5 is really something nice and different.
I am pretty sure they will make a history with the next DOA "6" ^^

This is what you said. You contradict yourself.

If you're a competitive player, execution is what matters above all else. Gato is one of the best characters in Garou, so if I want to play him, I have to spend time doing exactly what you're bitching about (in your favorite game, no less) just to make sure that doesn't happen.

More logic in your statements, please.

xINFINITELIGHTx

A room full of people who play one game and is against another will always say their game is better.

A room full of people saying I think my community is great will always say their game is the best.

If we become that room and claim our game is the best then our game will be respected.

The secret to the DOA COMMUNITY has never been about convincing anyone of anything.

The secret to the DOA COMMUNITY is

1. Always saying the game is good.
2. Having great numbers of people saying that.
3. Not considering the idea that the game is not top tier and not giving any thought to the idea that it is not a deep game.

To simply respond from this perspetcive will make your game perspetcive.

Example: SMASH COMMUNITY

Case in point.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Example: SMASH COMMUNITY

Case in point.

What? The Smash community actively shits on its own games all the time. I've watched streams where commentators even go out of their way to say "Fuck Brawl" on stream. Not only that, but there are shitloads of people outside of the community who have no respect for Smash whatsoever. If you need any proof of that, just look at all of the people who flipped out over Melee being at Evo this year.

Not only that, but it takes a lot more to build a scene than sticking your head in the sand and pretending your game is perfect. That's just silly. Everybody acknowledges the faults within their own game and is vocal about it. Telling people (especially the devs) what's fucked up about the game ensures that the next one will be better. That's how feedback works. Look at the SF community right now. They're going out of their way to tell Capcom what's stupid about SF4 and letting them know exactly what needs to be fixed in the upcoming update for the game. If the game is bad and you keep insisting it's perfect, other people will see the game for what it really is and not play it, the devs will just keep rehashing garbage games, and the community will go nowhere. Nothing is perfect and everything can be improved upon.

xINFINITELIGHTx

What? The Smash community actively shits on its own games all the time. I've watched streams where commentators even go out of their way to say "Fuck Brawl" on stream. Not only that, but there are shitloads of people outside of the community who have no respect for Smash whatsoever. If you need any proof of that, just look at all of the people who flipped out over Melee being at Evo this year.

Not only that, but it takes a lot more to build a scene than sticking your head in the sand and pretending your game is perfect. That's just silly. Everybody acknowledges the faults within their own game and is vocal about it. Telling people (especially the devs) what's fucked up about the game ensures that the next one will be better. That's how feedback works. Look at the SF community right now. They're going out of their way to tell Capcom what's stupid about SF4 and letting them know exactly what needs to be fixed in the upcoming update for the game. If the game is bad and you keep insisting it's perfect, other people will see the game for what it really is and not play it, the devs will just keep rehashing garbage games, and the community will go nowhere. Nothing is perfect and everything can be improved upon.

Your opinion is valid and a top tier approach to gaming. Throughout time and space we have always told itagaki what is wrong with the game and it has worked. Even when my fellow high level players went to japan! I remember when sorwah and the rest of us all came together on the changes that should come. I remember when we all came together and made a new doa game hacked version. Ah yes, those were the days. Indeed.

But balance is always important.

You must never bash the game you play to another community while trying to get them to respect it.

People donot respect disrespect. That is a key to LIFE.

That is my TRUE message.

TheTHCGamer

And then you get a website like doaw... I'm not going to lie to people. VF is an extremely advanced fighting game. It doesn't mean it can't be played casually, it just means that to be relatively good at it takes a lot of practice, patience and skill...like any fighting game.

SF is fairly technical (it's daunting to me as I can't ever get in the right mindset for 2D fighters) but it has never stopped me from buying the games and BSing in them. Having a reputation of being extremely difficult/technical is not a bad thing (look at games like DMC and NG) it's just how the game is promoted. Sega never seems to try and VF has never been promoted very well in the US, while games like SF, MvC, MK, Tk get a lot of spotlight and publishers advertise the content fairly well.
This. Sega has done a terrible job at promoting VF and the game can be enjoyed at all levels of play. Straight to the point VF fans should not have had to wait as long as they did for a VF5 update.

Last edited:

David Gregg

Some thoughts on how DOA could be taken more seriously/bring in more fans:
1) Change the rating to a T. DOA unnecessarily makes itself an M game. They can make a spinoff Xtreme for those who need fap material.
2) And on top of that, for uploaded videos use swimsuits sparingly and keep breast physics on natural or just turn it off. The melons don't need to actively participate in the fight.
3) Bring in characters who add more variety (:tengu:). Attractive women are great yes but there are new characters needed that are long overdue.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD