DOA5LR Steam Discount Sale and Patch Announced

Team NINJA announced today the Steam "Monster" Sale has begun, and the Online Patch will arrive at the end of the month.

Dead or Alive Game said:
11111076_697272163710205_2651204979720178061_o.png
Steam "Monster" Summer Sale has just begun! 30% Off! Also Fun Theme Costume Set and Halloween Debut Costume Set are 50% off! One more.. Your wait's almost over! The Online Patch (Rank Match) will go live at the end of the month! Thanks for your patience!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/

Currently, the "30% discount" appears to be in addition to the existing 10% discount that was in effect due to Online Networking not being available. This means the game has a total discount of 40% off making the game available for $23.99 off - saving $16. The game is also not the only thing off as two of the four DLC packs have been knocked down 50% with the Fun Theme Set priced at $27.49 and Halloween Debut Costume Set at $32.49.

Also of note is the comment on the Online mode patch that was promised within 3 months of release. The comment in the parenthesis suggest that only Rank Match will be made available. So Lobby Mode shouldn't be expected. Thoughts on the patch? Personally speaking, Rank Match being the only online match type available takes me back to Dead or Alive Ultimate and Dead or Alive 4 online modes.

Last edited:
I'm speculating that your post was possibly a response to Goarmagon's, not mine, but I'll respond anyway.

Only that didn't include the PC version anyway, which wasn't even available at that time.

I realize that the TN vs KT distinction is very important to those of you who have personal connections with some of the people involved with said groups, and understandably so. However, that's not really changing the validity of skepticism regarding what to expect from them product-wise.

When some said they did not believe the PC version would have next gen features (regardless who is strung up as the scapegoat), all the people who may possibly have connections to TN or KT told them they were paranoid. But, they were right. And now those same people are saying to expect lobbies in the PC version, when there's been no indication of them being a point of focus now or in the future, and that it's unfair to be pessimistic about the outcome. How does that seem logical?

I can understand objections to harsh "Screw you, Team Ninja!" type messages, but merely stating discontent with the situation and predicting a poor outcome seems like hardly something to discourage at this time.

Well, maybe you can tell your "conjecture" to add the new stages along with online lobbies, at whatever undisclosed point your speculations are allegedly claiming they plan on doing that. Because surely these noble, well-intentioned schrondinger-esque beings can understand how dissatisfied many of their alleged customers feel. I don't feel like that's an unfair request.

Unfair? No.

Redundant? Yes.

You're not asking for any new sounds to be made that were not made before, during, and after release.

Oh! I know what the problem is. We forgot to say "Please"!

I'll get right on it Brute. You can expect a full patch with all the missing features within two days.

Last edited:
If redundancy is the critique, you're doing an admirable job at counter-productivity.

Besides, if the issue truly is KT's inability to give a shit about anything, go ahead and posit a more pragmatic action plan at overcoming that obstacle and I'm sure the dissatisfied customers will get right on it. Hopefully it involves something mildly cathartic. Enduring ridiculous things is far more tedious when you're supposed to avoid frequently scrutinizing said things.

If the sounds are familiar, the optimists are clearly deaf (inherently, as it would seem). There's a play on print vs speech here, but I'll let you play with how the analogy unfolds. It's actually rather amusing.

My pragmatic action plan involves no longer giving a damn. I feel it's a pretty good plan.

It's similar to many other plans, except it involves placing the blame where it actually lies.

My plan involves not giving a damn about your plan, and instead cathartically identifying stupid things as stupid apart from origin.

It's similar to your plan, except that it makes no claim regarding blame based on information it's not explicitly privy to. It also hosts a curious sociological aspect to it that can be interpreted in a number of ways, but the door to that discussion has since closed.

I wasn't exactly highly interested in that part of the discussion to begin with, so not much was missed there.

I can't help that some people lack information, nor can I help that Japanese business works a certain way. Can't help anything at all, really. Advice and warnings were given. I'm no longer doing that anymore, as I see very little benefit.

Now I'm simply in a unique position to laugh at the futility of it all before taking off my hat and shaking my head whilst looking at the ground.

I would not expect you to feel the same way, nor differently. I wouldn't expect you to feel any way at all.

I'm not sure exactly what part of the discussion you are interested in, aside from the ironic bit about redundancy.

Anyway, I think this exchange has run its course.
Shall we leave it be?

I should make myself clear then. I don't typically involve myself with "discussions" which is why I don't post much anymore. Discussions involve opinions, and I believe most peoples opinions are poor.

I enjoy fact checking and correction. This particular subject has a lot of common misinformation surrounding it, hence my presence.

Inparticular, the part that implied we haven't already done exactly as you requested prompted my initial response and semi-sarcastic followup. Doing this routine for the last two years will make a cynic of anyone.

Mr. Wah has already been previously disillusioned from the American side of the industry having worked in QA for years, and having a business administration degree. He has been somewhat tempered by the fires of incompetence surrounding him. I still reject the concept.

I understand that some of you may be concerned that my response to this situation may rub TN the wrong way if they were to read this but to be honest their reaction to the PC community and honestly to the WHOLE community has been bullshit(outside the battle royale)

I don't know that nerfing Christie would be the right thing but nerfing Hayabusa and Akira sure as fuck isn't. They were bombarded by people asking them to buff the net code and the more or less did that thug lyfe shit to us and even more so to the PC community.

Looks like I'll be sticking to playing KoFUM2002, KoF13, GGXXACPR, Skullgirls Encore, and USFIV on Steam. While KOF13 and GG don't have true lobbies they still at least allow me to choose who I play. Never been a fan of ranked and never cared about flashing a meaningless GP. I've destroyed A ranks and been crushed by E's, so that number means nothing to me. It just symbolizes how committed a person was to waiting the ridiculously long amounts of time to find a match in ranked. I've already stopped playing DOA on my PS4 and was hoping this would re-energize me to start playing again, but I guess I'll be remaining apathetic

Inparticular, the part that implied we haven't already done exactly as you requested prompted my initial response and semi-sarcastic followup. Doing this routine for the last two years will make a cynic of anyone.
I suppose it would if they never any provided any reasoning behind the vagueness of the PR statements.

Preachin' to the choir really, and it's the same response Rikuto and I (as well as other players as it's not like the methods of our feedback is any dfferent from anyone else's capability) receive for much of our feedback.

I wasn't exactly highly interested in that part of the discussion to begin with, so not much was missed there.

I can't help that some people lack information, nor can I help that Japanese business works a certain way. Can't help anything at all, really. Advice and warnings were given. I'm no longer doing that anymore, as I see very little benefit.

Now I'm simply in a unique position to laugh at the futility of it all before taking off my hat and shaking my head whilst looking at the ground.

I would not expect you to feel the same way, nor differently. I wouldn't expect you to feel any way at all.

Are you going to dare say that a game that, despite that the PC and "next gen" runs on the same hardware (and yes, they do), they have alot of work to do to make things work and are just too bogged down to do it? It's 2015, and even in the 80s "modular design" was getting popular. If they can't simply drop stage files in a folder to make them work, they're doing it wrong. As klunky as the TES engnine is, even skyrim mods and updates come in drop-in format. No, there's no excuse. Someone, somewhere, is making a conscious decision to keep features out. The online thing costs more (time and employees) to hide the broken features than to actually make them work. Say what you will, they're trying to make this not work. It's not like it was hard to get working in the first place, as the only thing different between xbone, ps4, and PC code is bootstrap, because only the OS is different between them (even the processor is 99% the same!).

I suppose it would if they never any provided any reasoning behind the vagueness of the PR statements.

They do. Just not publicly.

What would anger you more though? The strange, poor messaging that comes from Japanese PR?

Or the actual truth?

Both are enough to make you want to kill someone.

Are you going to dare say that a game that, despite that the PC and "next gen" runs on the same hardware (and yes, they do), they have alot of work to do to make things work and are just too bogged down to do it? It's 2015, and even in the 80s "modular design" was getting popular. If they can't simply drop stage files in a folder to make them work, they're doing it wrong. As klunky as the TES engnine is, even skyrim mods and updates come in drop-in format. No, there's no excuse. Someone, somewhere, is making a conscious decision to keep features out. The online thing costs more (time and employees) to hide the broken features than to actually make them work. Say what you will, they're trying to make this not work. It's not like it was hard to get working in the first place, as the only thing different between xbone, ps4, and PC code is bootstrap, because only the OS is different between them (even the processor is 99% the same!).

I suppose you missed the part where I said I didn't care about the current situation.

I suppose you also missed the part where I mentioned I don't really do discussions due to the batshit crazy opinions and wild theory crafting that get thrown around. Saying that someone inside of Team Ninja is attempting to make the port fail isn't really going to bait me into such a discussion.

Last edited:
No next gen features, missing stages, 4.5 months waiting for online without lobbies and people wonder why pc owners are dissatisfIed? It doesn't matter who is to blame. They charged $35($40) for an incomplete product. It's team ninjas fault for the inferior version, it's tecmo fault for pRicing it alongside the next gen version. Asserting blame doesn't change the fact that pc players got the shaft and they have every right to complain.

I suppose you missed the part where I said I didn't care about the current situation.

Then what are you on about? You're quite clearly talking about right now. I don't really care that you don't, but you're shooting things out there.

I suppose you also missed the part where I mentioned I don't really do discussions due to the batshit crazy opinions and wild theory crafting that get thrown around. Saying that someone inside of Team Ninja is attempting to make the port fail isn't really going to bait me into such a discussion.

It's wild theory and bastshit crazy to suggest that they cannot do a direct port. The hardware is the same. The code is thus the same for 99% of the code. Once they can get part of the code to work, the rest will automatically (i can understand an online API, but the code that does that is backend code for code that already works). Xbone's and PS4s are glorified PCs. They have the same hardware. Anyone who's ever done any coding knows what that means. In what way is my suggestion wild when they have alot to gain, PR wise, from a PC version flopping. On the other hand, there's no reason that the features are not present. With the exception of creating a socket (which is pretty easy, might i add), if so much as the main menu of the game works, the rest of the code is copy-paste (which it likely is just part of the same project with a different compiler output and pre-processor directives to cut specific features). PR is the only logical reason why the PC version is less than the PS4/Xbone versions. If you cannot see that, learn basic coding before suggesting that someone with more knowledge than you about the field has a wild idea simply because you don't agree.

They do. Just not publicly.

What would anger you more though? The strange, poor messaging that comes from Japanese PR?

Or the actual truth?

Both are enough to make you want to kill someone.
I imagine neither would generate a positive emotional response, but the truth would at least satiate my curiosity (which is rather overwhelming, even when it comes to the absurd).

I hope they add online lobby play soon. I could care less for ranked matches. I just want play with my friends.

Then what are you on about? You're quite clearly talking about right now. I don't really care that you don't, but you're shooting things out there.

It's wild theory and bastshit crazy to suggest that they cannot do a direct port. The hardware is the same. The code is thus the same for 99% of the code. Once they can get part of the code to work, the rest will automatically (i can understand an online API, but the code that does that is backend code for code that already works). Xbone's and PS4s are glorified PCs. They have the same hardware. Anyone who's ever done any coding knows what that means. In what way is my suggestion wild when they have alot to gain, PR wise, from a PC version flopping. On the other hand, there's no reason that the features are not present. With the exception of creating a socket (which is pretty easy, might i add), if so much as the main menu of the game works, the rest of the code is copy-paste (which it likely is just part of the same project with a different compiler output and pre-processor directives to cut specific features). PR is the only logical reason why the PC version is less than the PS4/Xbone versions. If you cannot see that, learn basic coding before suggesting that someone with more knowledge than you about the field has a wild idea simply because you don't agree.

I haven't suggested anything or argued anything about the possibility of the game being ported better. You're the only one arguing anything at all here.

I could be a wall and the conversation would have nearly the same flow, as I have raised neither contradiction nor conjecture.

In short, stop arguing with yourself. It's weird.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD