DOA5LR Steam Version Delayed Until March 30th

The Dead or Alive 5: Last Round store page on Steam was updated today with an announcement of the game being delayed until March 30th. To compensate, Koei-Tecmo will offer the Halloween 2013 Costume set (All 28 costumes) for free of charge ($25 value) to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Change to Release Date
In order to provide you with the best experience possible, the expected release date for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam has been changed from Feb. 17 to March 30. In appreciation for your patience, we'll be offering the Halloween 2013 Set (28 costumes) free of charge to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Thank you for your understanding!

Previously, the steam version was set to be released with all other versions of the game on February 17th. Currently, this has not affected the Online Mode patch scheduled for the game within three months of release.

The Steam version marks Team NINJA's first attempt at a PC release for their games, but it appears they are being met with appreciation from fans. The pre-order goals have been met so the NINJA 2015 and Aloha packs will also be coming free to PC users where the console versions require specific retailer pre-order to receive.

steamsmall.png

Could we just go one thread about the PC version without going into nude mods? Yeah, I get it: that's the only fucking thing you guys think about. But give it a rest, already.
The only thing I'm thinking about is modding something along the lines of trenchcoats and bananas.

Thats funny, I asked for almost a month's worth of deadline extensions at work today. When karma strikes, all you can do is be a good sport I guess.

Happy coding, TN, take your time.

Engine what engine this is a port.

If it's based on last gen version it won't have the improved skin shaders or whatever, and might be missing the extra stages, hair, etc.

They also took down the preorder bonuses from the Steam page with no explanation... so far they've handled this about as poorly as possible.

If it's based on last gen version it won't have the improved skin shaders or whatever, and might be missing the extra stages, hair, etc.

They also took down the preorder bonuses from the Steam page with no explanation... so far they've handled this about as poorly as possible.
Well, Mr Wah already said the preorder bonuses were met and will be included on the pc version on his opening post on this thread. They took long enough to confirm it, but they made a post on their facebook page saying the same thing as Mr Wah here. No reason to worry about the preorder bonuses now.

I know that. THats why what engine.

Well, Mr Wah already said the preorder bonuses were met and will be included on the pc version on his opening post on this thread. They took long enough to confirm it, but they made a post on their facebook page saying the same thing as Mr Wah here. No reason to worry about the preorder bonuses now.
Unless they mysteriously put internet on during release people will flop.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME
I've been waiting to play this since 2012, now it's 5 more months of this fuckery, they had all the time in the world to release swimsuits for the entire fucking character roster though

On a side note: the PS3/360 and PS4/XB1 versions use the same 3D graphic engine. The PS4/XB1 version just have a tweaked version with better lights/shadows, and lots of (unnecessary, IMO) particle effects, shaders, maybe some filters, and hopefully better textures. There is no new engine per se, though. That's just a lame excuse for the "you have to buy the PS4/XB1 version for new hairstyles and 2 new stages".

However, you are correct saying that the PC version may be based on the PS3/360 version, and thus not have the new stages, hairstyles, and that "soft skin" whatever they added. That would be a scam.

They still haven't confirmed if it's based on PS3 or PS4 version... With the delay it better be PS4!

The PS4 version is based off the PS3 version. The PC version is based off the PS4 version which is based off the PS3 version.

Seriously, the drama about "which engine" needs to stop. The game is obviously not just a simple port or they wouldn't be delaying the game a month and would have netplay at the start if they didn't care about quality.

I was hoping that they'd be released at the same time. I wanted to see how the Steam version would compare to the PS4 counterpart. That Team Ninja & Koei~Tecmo have been mum otherwise in this regard has me scratching my head. I can speculate as to the why, but I'm a New Yorker & we always think the worst anyway. I hope that when it does release that the online component will already be a part of the game, but what Fiend Busa wrote, gives me pause since that's also still on the DoA5LR Steam store page.

Edit: The thing that bothers me is that its been delayed for about another month but on the steam page it still says online will be patched within 3 months.

I almost feel like a sucker for pre-ordering the Steam version & not having done so for the console one (PS4).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD