Super Smash Bros. Thread

Scott

FD is always my trump card but I'm a Marth main. I wouldn't really say its fair for all characters as some characters need smaller stages or ledges to get kills successfully.

LightSonic

Project M is a large-scale modification of Brawl to bridge the gap between Brawl and Melee's gameplay. It's generally considered its own game now, getting its own tournaments in large fighting game events.

Oh I see. I looked into it and it looks interesting. Before all I really heard was that it was a mod that was supposed to make the gameplay close to Melee and they added Roy and Mewtwo. The alternate costumes looks really nice especially Link's. I might have to try it if I can get a working copying of SSBB again.

Which characters are you guys hyped to use?

I wanna try out C.Falcon/Sheik/Bowser/Rosalina the most

For me, Sonic, Palutena, and Sheik. I want to see how much Sonic got buffed and how Sheik plays with her new moves.

Last edited:

Argentus

To be fair literally every multiplayer game has a casual & hardcore audience. There's always going to be a variety of players. Plus the whole point of having options to turn things on/off is to accommodate both audiences. Playing smash 1v1 on a neutral stage to see who is the better player can be just as exciting as a 4man free for all.

The "serious business" comment you made reminds me of when people call skilled players "try hards" for wanting to be good at a game they enjoy.

It's fine if you don't like game mods...I can understand that sure. As for the smash tourneys/competitive players it's not really necessary to dismiss/disrespect them lol

Besides Sakurai was nice enough to make multiple skins of final destination =)

One if my main irks is when someone says "I play smash!" Then I find out they they only do 1v1 FD with no items.

"No you don't. Come back and say you play smash when you've actually turned the game on."

On Try hard. Lol that's not what it means. It literally just means someone who is trying WAY too hard. Like the people who go full bore breaking out top level techniques against a bunch of casual players which is totally uncalled for and kills the fun for the latter. Or alternately, wannabes who try that but can't pull it off.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I recently got to finally adding custom music to Project M and it bothered me that there were literally zero custom loops of DOA3 songs at brawlcustommusic.com, so I had to make some for myself and went ahead and contributed them to the site.

So far, I've only done two (Deep Impact and It's to Show), but if anyone here who plays Brawl or Project M wants a specific character theme or something from DOA3, I can try making one.

Here's the DOA3 list.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
10649909_330653860441634_6810185498761619609_n.jpg

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I heard that Chain Grabbing was removed in Smash 4.

So does that mean they can finally unban walk offs?

I know they won't, but that was, as far as I know, the only legit reason they had to ban walk off levels.

I recently got to finally adding custom music to Project M and it bothered me that there were literally zero custom loops of DOA3 songs at brawlcustommusic.com, so I had to make some for myself and went ahead and contributed them to the site.

So far, I've only done two (Deep Impact and It's to Show), but if anyone here who plays Brawl or Project M wants a specific character theme or something from DOA3, I can try making one.

Here's the DOA3 list.

"Conditioning" for the love of all that is holy.

Also, Reincarnate.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
GimR and PB&J were playing the Japanese Smash 3DS demo, and they found something. It's called Rush Cancelling.

What is Rush Cancelling, you ask? Well... it's this:

Also, look at the damage on Villager's Bowling Ball:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD