Taunting Etiquette

Did this tread change my idea (In anyway) towards taunting ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darth Lotonic X

I tend to opt for... unconventional taunts. In DOA5, I tend to sidestep madly as Mila or just spin as Ayane. The few times I play as Brad and win a set, I enter his lying stance.

I do shit like this a lot. For example, if a guy is consistently doing a low hold every time that I stun him, I will spend the last few seconds just before the win animation comes up low holding.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
I do that too lotonic. lol. Also as genfu ill throw them up in the air and run under them. if im jan lee ill dragon kick back and forth across the screen. and as ayane ill do bt 6t in both directions.

HoodsXx

Whether I am getting bodied and come out with a win or do well against the person. I'll taunt its just something I do.

TakedaZX

I never personally see a point to continuous taunting. Not like it makes the person look better than they are.

When I do it, I'm edging the person on with a purpose or trying to pull off JL's mid kick parry taunt. Otherwise I don't see a reason to bother with it.

In the end, the moral is that you could never defeat me.

Susanoo-

I have no real comment on this taunting business being spoken of, but I will say this; When Christie uses her breasts to smother her foe the only thing going to occur is echoing fap noises, right after the sound of a controller hitting the floor is heard. That is all.​

Demoth

My brother and I will switch off playing people in lobby matches if we're hanging at each other's places and need to kill some time before going out.

He switches his buttons scheme from the default, so sometimes I'll get mixed up in the middle of a match and try to hit the H+K button and instead taunt.

Oddly enough, this REALLY throws people off at times, or gets them upset and causes them to make weird mistakes. If that happens, I usually win.... but win or lose, I'll get a bitter message typed my way.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
best accidental taunt i did was during DOA4 i tried to counter a player,unknown to me a cheetah decided to charge so i ended up vaulting over it then taunting while the player was launched into the sky.funny shit still not as good as STFing eliot into an oncoming car though

BboyDragon

Premium Donor
I use taunts all day all night ask Takeda I'm the the taunt king. Plus taunts are good to bait people to make a mistake. Take for example Kasumi taunt (sad she only has one) is same frame/time as a counter or deep stun. So I normally can restun people for thinking my taunt I did was unsafe. But it actaully was safe for me to do so

Raansu

Yet you got mad at me for doing it to you.

Taunts are dick moves, love doing them.

Ya no, I've never gotten mad at you for taunting me. I get highly annoyed at your Helena and online tactics though because you constantly attack out of disadvantage.

Cla

Standard Donor
Taunting is trolling no matter how you do it. When you seriously play fighting games, you're supposed to always only take the actions needed to win. Doing something unnecessary that does not contribute to your win is seen as "I CAN DO POINTLESS THINGS BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT ENOUGH A THREAT TO WORRY ABOUT".

I'm not saying don't taunt. I'm just saying that if you are in a serious match, taunting is trolling no matter your intention. Even if you do it after the round is over, it comes off as cocky. It is there to be used, but its use is nothing more than to showoff/troll.

Nameless Sama

I love taunting :D. Taunting saved me so many times from losing or hitting XD.For me is taunting a very respectful and a funny thing too. It gives the match some really funny moments and makes more fun to play.
For example :

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
just as long as your by yourself when you're doing it.if your in a lobby match that is the most irritating thing in the world to the people waiting to fight.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD