Taunting Etiquette

Did this tread change my idea (In anyway) towards taunting ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nightpup

Not just Helena's taunts are useful. Gen Fu and Jann Lee's standard taunt allow them to crush highs.
Kokoro and Hayabusa have such taunts as well, but they're not standard.
I only ever really taunt in two situations:
1. Before the beginning of a match, either with Kasumi, Kokoro, or Lisa.
2. After successfully landing a Hi Counter :236::236::H+P: with Alpha-152.

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
I totally agree
I see it as an incentive for the other player to level up. If I'm able to taunt mid-match, they are letting me have the opportunity.

Also, playing as Helena, her taunt is actually useful since it puts her in Bokhuo stance.

zepidus

I don't bother with taunting unless someone does it to me first, and then only if they're being over eccentric with it. I find doing a good kick with Rig while their down does more to initiate some kind of response. Low kick on round end coupled with the word "Die"!

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
I don't bother with taunting unless someone does it to me first, and then only if they're being over eccentric with it. I find doing a good kick with Rig while their down does more to initiate some kind of response. Low kick on round end coupled with the word "Die"!
Yep gets me everytime !!

Tones

Premium Donor
69636963696369636963 or 74147414741474147 or 85858585858585 or hold no/any direction and spam guard. Depends on the character. Done to have fun at any given time.

synce

The other day I played some weirdo who would taunt at the beginning of each round... I pretty much never taunt, it's the corniest thing ever. If someone's being a douche though I'd do Alpha's 9p,h after the KO.

Another fun move to do when someone's KO'd is Pai's P+K. You can spam it like crazy and each time it hits they writhe around like a bitch lol

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Some people for some reason like to beat me and taunt me after. I usually end up playing them again and owning them and taunting them back. Then they get mad about it. I usually don't taunt unless A. I'm playing with friends and we're messing around. B. Someone taunt me first. C. I accidently hit LT(which I have set to taunt). I really don't respect people who taunt me(unless I actually know you since then I know better).

SilverKhaos

Taunting is apart of the game like everything else. Why do people frown apon it so ? It has plenty of (non-trolling) uses in my opinion. Im going to list some and i would like to hear some from others !

Taunting Usage
1. After doing a very difficult move or complex combo ( Mid-Match can be risk-a )
2. Getting a perfect round against an opponent (Done at the end of the match)
3. To get an opponent to take you seriously (Done at the beginning of the match and also can be really risk-a)
4. After a match won on your part (Done at the end of a close match)

Only times I've gotten angry with taunts is when they do it after ever hit landed. Yaknow, just spamming taunts.

But as you listed is okay. Before a match, after a match (a warmup and a winpose, respectively), and once in a while during a match just to actually taunt, and after landing a high profile move/combo, which is just celebratory.

Xernuht

I tend to opt for... unconventional taunts. In DOA5, I tend to sidestep madly as Mila or just spin as Ayane. The few times I play as Brad and win a set, I enter his lying stance.

In SC5, I have pre-designated taunts for situations with every character I play:

Pat/Pyrrha/OPyrrha: 8B+K in case of ring-out.
Siegfried: 44K away from enemy on match win/off edge on ringout.
Natsu: 8A+B away from enemy on match win/off edge on ringout.
Raphael: Sidesteps/back-dashes.
Ezio: Normal taunt on matchpoint. "Draw... your final breath."

Brute

Standard Donor
The necromancers cometh.

But in regards to the topic:
After doing a very difficult move or complex combo ( Mid-Match can be risk-a )
The difficult moves/combos you speak of boast enough for themselves. If I do 3 Izunas in one round, I don't have to taunt. I already look like a badass mother-fucker.

Brute

Standard Donor
No, you do a bow to show your humbleness, and it just looks cool.
I would be more inclined to do that if in English Troy Baker didn't scream "Enough!" like he's giving bedroom instructions to his boyfriend.

Not that I use English, but my opponent might.

SilverForte

I know right? I mean even the doa2H ryu's "farewell" was more fitting, not to mention more accurate in translation. Where the heck did they get "enough" from?

Brute

Standard Donor
I know right? I mean even the doa2H ryu's "farewell" was more fitting, not to mention more accurate in translation. Where the heck did they get "enough" from?
No idea. The English/Troy Baker Ryu is just not the same character as the Japanese version... at all.

Chaos

I'll taunt whenever I'm being silly, did something badass, getting piss off if the Cpu wins in a cheap way, win a match and like what everybody said, taunt by accident.

Nightpup

Speaking of CPUs, fun fact: If you taunt before the match starts against AI, there's a chance the AI will taunt with you! :D
This also means the CPU is capable of taunting with Alpha before a match, however players can not.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD