DOA5U ~Team BEST~ DOA5U Training on PSN/XBL

Ael

I might host another lobby Wednesday at around 4 CST

I just got a game capture card so I'll try to see if I can stream Team BEST PSN lobbies. Just got done testing today. During the day, stream is fine. At night, it's lag-heaven hell. So, yeah. Will do what I can! (:

indieanimator

Wish I'd found this topic earlier. From it's title (Best), I assumed it was only for the best of FSD, of which I'm not. :rolleyes:
I've played six months of DOA5U most weekends (no vanilla or DOA4). I don't do well w/long combos or crazy inputs in any FGs, and 2D is my roots. I've tried Gen, Brad, Bass and many others as mains & subs, but have yet to improve greatly, despite reading a lot here, watching vids, and playing. Maybe I should just stick w/Leon. I can only play online on weekends. Thanks for the topic & any responses.

Kohlrak

Wish I'd found this topic earlier. From it's title (Best), I assumed it was only for the best of FSD, of which I'm not. :rolleyes:
I've played six months of DOA5U most weekends (no vanilla or DOA4). I don't do well w/long combos or crazy inputs in any FGs, and 2D is my roots. I've tried Gen, Brad, Bass and many others as mains & subs, but have yet to improve greatly, despite reading a lot here, watching vids, and playing. Maybe I should just stick w/Leon. I can only play online on weekends. Thanks for the topic & any responses.

I know how you feel, man. Have you tried kokoro?

Kohlrak

Not in vs. play yet. I'll go through the character topics for her & give her a shot. Thanks for the idea. I guess I'll try getting into this lobby this weekend sometime if that's OK.

Kokoro's moveset to me seems more predictable than the others, which is what we're used to with 2d fighters. You're used to being able to hit random and know 90% of the character, and just having to go into the "move list" to figure out how to throw a fireball or something to learn the rest. Dead or Alive (and the rest of the 3d fighters, really) isn't nearly as kind, unfortunately. However, her predictability can hurt in the end. Your average throw is less than 10 frames, but if you hit throw and the other person uses a 10 frame jab after you hit throw, your throw will still loose to his jab. This is not something we're used to. We can't magically use the slower and stronger attacks just because they're farther away.

Bushido

Sooo, I'm going out to eat after school, so how does 6 sound? Sorry for the last minute adjustments. u.u

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Bad games to online and it's shitty lag fest that has taken a turn for the worst lately, it seems. Online has always been shitty, but damn, it's been taking strong shits lately. o.o
Given my omission, I must be the "online" you're talking about...

Nevertheless, good games to you.

indieanimator

I will be making a lobby tonight. Gonna send you an invite.
Thanks for the invite. Sorry I missed it. Guess it was around 6PM PTZ. I'll be ready today at that time or will just check in here or on the PS3 for an invite. More free time today.

Ael

Given my omission, I must be the "online" you're talking about...

Nevertheless, good games to you.

I was saying GGs to the players in the lobby I was in yesterday night. Bad games to online and the netcode. Simple as that. I said "GGs" to you in the DOA Skype Chat two nights ago after our session. You ignored it. In fact, you never replied back even though you saw it because you immediately talked to others about Sailor Moon and animes after I said "GGs Awesmic". So, don't you dare act like I intentionally set out to wound and hurt you. It's getting old at this rate.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I was saying GGs to the players in the lobby I was in yesterday night. Bad games to online and the netcode. Simple as that. I said "GGs" to you in the DOA Skype Chat two nights ago after our session. You ignored it. In fact, you never replied back even though you saw it because you immediately talked to others about Sailor Moon and animes after I said "GGs Awesmic". So, don't you dare act like I intentionally set out to wound and hurt you. It's getting old at this rate.
Then I apologize twice. Both for not noticing what you posted in the chat and for accusing you of insulting me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD