Team NINJA 2023 Famitsu Interview & Dual Shocker's Follow-up Story Breakdown

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Rumor is: New Team NINJA Game for 2023

There are multiple translations of the Famitsu post so it has been moved to the general discussion from the front page until clarification can be met. This is what is keeping yesterday's Dual Shockers story labeled as a rumor:

Bing Translation:
――Are there any other new titles in the works?

Yasuda's Rise of the Ronin has been in development for about seven years and is scheduled to be released in 7. This game will be released in 2024, and we want to release a new title in 2023. I hope to talk about it at a time when I can tell you about it in the future.

Google Chrome Translation:

――Are there other new titles in the works?

Yasuda "Rise of the Ronin" has been under development for about 7 years and is scheduled to be released in 2024. This work will be released in 2023, and I feel like I want to release a new title in 2025. I wish I could talk about it in the future when I can tell you.

Playing to the Delusion of the Bing Translation

President of Team NINJA Fumihiko Yasuda has said a lot of interesting things over the past year pertaining to new games and outlooks of past games but hasn't said anything completely concrete as his team was busy completing and polishing Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty for its March 3rd, 2023, release. The only other game we have been made aware of since Wo Long was announced has been Rise of the Ronin; a title that Team NINJA has been working on for over seven years alongside Sony Interactive Entertainment. After months of speculation and wonder Yasuda has finally broken the ice on another Team NINJA title being released in 2023 or 2025 depending on which translation is correct.

The news story was recorded a few months ago at Famitsu but is just now getting around to North America and other news outlets around the world as proven by the coverage from Dual Shockers yesterday. However, there is a factual error in the Dual Shockers story that states: "Wo Long hit its release date on March 3, long before the Famitsu interview was published." This information is false as the story was published only a week after Wo Long officially released and was written and recorded on February 2nd, 2023.

There are juicy pieces to this interview that are not mentioned in the Dual Shockers story either; the biggest being that this interview is possibly the first time Team NINJA has acknowledged a discontinued or cancelled game within the past three years. If you look at the timeline of Hiroaki Morita's Tweets you could be thinking it was the cancelled Dead or Alive 7 project or maybe even a Dead or Alive 6: Ultimate but seeing as how Masakazu Hirayama never worked on Dead or Alive 6, he is likely referring to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, another Team NINJA title that released on the Nintendo Switch in 2019.

As a part of the fighting game community, we don't have a lot of options but to put massive faith into Masakazu Hirayama for another Dead or Alive title. Unlike Fumihiko Yasuda & Masaaki Yamagiwa, Masakazu Hirayama has experience designing Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate and also Dead or Alive 5: Last Round; arguably the best competitive games in the series history. If an unannounced game is indeed a Dead or Alive title the window of time could make sense seeing as how we are already almost half-way through the year and this unannounced game would be coming out by the end of this year.

Putting all of the tabled assets back on the table would make for a speedier release than a new NINJA GAIDEN or Nioh (which could take another a year at least) and a DOA6U could be seen as a quick placeholder game to keep the community calm as they complete Rise of the Ronin (which seems like a LONG time away). Looking at Hiroaki's Tweets indicate that NINJA GAIDEN will be the next title announced so that very well could be the case. If Nioh 3 or another Final Fantasy title is announced, the Team NINJA community will likely be in an uproar that will be hard for Team NINJA let alone a community driven website like FSD to contain.

Last edited:

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
Google Chrome Translation:

――Are there other new titles in the works?

Yasuda "Rise of the Ronin" has been under development for about 7 years and is scheduled to be released in 2024. This work will be released in 2023, and I feel like I want to release a new title in 2025. I wish I could talk about it in the future when I can tell you.
Interesting. The Google translation almost makes it sound like there could be an unannounced title released in 2023 and another released in 2025.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Interesting. The Google translation almost makes it sound like there could be an unannounced title released in 2023 and another released in 2025.

Trust me I want to front page this story so bad I can taste it, but it could also very well be that he meant to say Wo Long was the project of 2023. We're going to get confirmation on that pretty soon, I think. Given the Dual Shockers story is getting some attention. I would rather angry fans agitate them than me if this is all a sham, so we'll see what happens.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
the problem with these translated articles, a lot of it can be misconstrue. I am going to wait for an official update.

gfg$

That's pretty vague. Still, they need to promote Rise of Ronin if it will be released in early 2024 like almost every TN title in several years, and since the reveal was in September 2022, there's too much time if they decided to release it in mid or in the end of 2024. News can come in June, since there are game conferences are held, they have to promote Rise of Ronin, and I think there is no enough time to reveal and release a new title, before Rise of Ronin, only after it's maybe. Of course they can reveal a new title in summer or autumn, but I don't think it will be released before Rise of Ronin
I think we'll get this : 2024 - Rise of Ronin, 2025 - Ninja Gaiden, 2026 - Dead or Alive

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD