News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Argentus

Mila costume color test! I want more feedback please!
10014737_1424222051161519_1531173861_o.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Definitely too saturated and too much blue for my taste. I would change at least the visor's and the pant's color.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Mila costume color test! I want more feedback please!
10014737_1424222051161519_1531173861_o.jpg
Too much of that neon blue, it's very straining on the eyes especially paired with the white, consider adding darker or complimentary colors to revisions in the future.

indieanimator

Marie.jpg
Posted my Marie on their FB section. I guess that's all you need to do?
I kept it simple. Hopefully it goes over well since it's a new character. Hadn't posted on my art blog for a while!

Did a Momoji design for my brother to enter since he doesn't do art. That should be OK (one entry per person on Facebook). Hope you're all enjoying the contest.

Last edited:

Argentus

Definitely too saturated and too much blue for my taste. I would change at least the visor's and the pant's color.
Too much of that neon blue, it's very straining on the eyes especially paired with the white, consider adding darker or complimentary colors to revisions in the future.
Shoulda mentioned its supposed to be a shimmery irridescent blue, not neon. and sorry for oversaturation, using a phone app to try to get the right tone after using colored pencils. but thank you, I will try the adjustments you suggested. aalso did it in classic Mila colors. as a possible alt color
1957915_1424245041159220_2133194908_o.jpg

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Shoulda mentioned its supposed to be a shimmery irridescent blue, not neon. and sorry for oversaturation, using a phone app to try to get the right tone after using colored pencils. but thank you, I will try the adjustments you suggested. aalso did it in classic Mila colors. as a possible alt color
Perfect! colors of the flag of Spain. ♥

Rawbietussin

This is more preferable.

didn't even think of that. still want it to simply be an r1 toggle to switch between blue and red.

I doubt you can make a full costume become an R1 toggle since shoulder buttons are mostly for hair options.

Argentus

This is more preferable.

I doubt you can make a full costume become an R1 toggle since shoulder buttons are mostly for hair options.
to be fair, its not a full costume switch, its a palette swap, which is something past DOAs did all the time as toggle options. actually, @Kronin , can you find that out? if I'm allowed to submit a costume that has a toggleable palette swap, like past games?

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

IIRC palette swaps/recolors/alternate versions are usually in separate costume slots and it's been quite prevalent even in 5/5U. Look at Leifang's default Chinese dress. Each recolor has their own separate costume slot.

The only time that palette swaps/recolors/alternate versions were fused under one costume slot was in DOA3.

Argentus

IIRC palette swaps/recolors/alternate versions are usually in separate costume slots and it's been quite prevalent even in 5/5U. Look at Leifang's default Chinese dress. Each recolor has their own separate costume slot.

The only time that palette swaps/recolors/alternate versions were fused under one costume slot was in DOA3.
everyone hates how palette swaps get their own slots, and want it like DOA3 again. all I'm sayin.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The problem you'd have with pallete swaps based on button icon is that someone can't choose the other pallette since you've already selected the costume.

Anyways, i much prefer your Mila colors one.

But if you insist on the overdone blue I recommend throwing in the complimentary orange to balance it out.

Rawbietussin

That's the only drawback about fusing recolors into one costume slot. It's a matter of who was able to choose the costume first, gets dibs while the other player has to settle with the other recolors/versions.

Rawbietussin

View attachment 4943 Posted my Marie on their FB section. I guess that's all you need to do?
I kept it simple. Hopefully it goes over well since it's a new character. Hadn't posted on my art blog for a while!

Did a Momoji design for my brother to enter since he doesn't do art. That should be OK (one entry per person on Facebook). Hope you're all enjoying the contest.

For some reason, this reminded me of Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory. It's cute.

indieanimator

What a useless comment. If you're going to criticize someone's art explain how to make it better, or at least show your own so we can criticize that too.

Thanks for the support. I've been doing video game art the most of past 6-7 years here:
http://tangerinepop.com/
I almost never draw women & in a different style. I'm a bit rusty, and used to do art in more styles in a studio environment.

I didn't see any other M.Rose entries, though. Only a handful altogether. Is this the right link to see all the entries?

https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame/posts/503362303101193?refid=17&ref=stream

Argentus

slight revision of blue Mila based on feedback. made pants gray, hair black and blur, glasses a more vibrant purple, and changed underwear to maroon and violet, though crappy saturation filters makes it look hot pink. gonna try a few other versions.
10014944_1424492094467848_1334337014_o.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD