News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
seinfeld_jerry.jpg

Anyway, yeah. It wouldn't be the first costume of her's with a bee on it.

Hailo_Hwm

"NOT COPIES OF EXISTING DESIGNS"

Can somebody tell me in depth? Maybe it is the Asian in me.. but I don't quite know what this means. Does it mean I can't have a similar design to already existing designs?

>< sorry.. aha

Argentus

"NOT COPIES OF EXISTING DESIGNS"

Can somebody tell me in depth? Maybe it is the Asian in me.. but I don't quite know what this means. Does it mean I can't have a similar design to already existing designs?

>< sorry.. aha
basically, don't straight up cosplay.

Hailo_Hwm

For Ayane of course (as if she needed MOAR costumes)
I did mine really quickly at work. Tengu Inspired.... I don't know if that'll be okay or not. (> 3 <)
The design on the ribbons, sleeves, and on her back are are feathers. Plus a Tengu mask on the side.
Gonna color soon.
1969360_814662141880653_2069640602_n.jpg

Last edited:

Argentus

For Ayane of course (as if she needs MOAR costumes)
I did mine really quickly at work. Tengu Inspired.... I don't know if that'll be okay or not. (> 3 <)
The design on the ribbons, sleeves, and on her back are are feathers. Plus a Tengu mask on the side.
Gonna color soon.
Ayane the Bitch-Demon! I like it!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Working from the legs up is so much easier. anyhow right now I'm determine where the big pieces go, but I've left the pelvis completely bare. There are armors for that but I find them bulky and ugly. What I want to do is some sort of short combat skirt like Attack on Titan but I can't justify doing that just yet as i have no clue what the hell it's even for. It's either that or some type of armored skirt with pads of armor hanging down. what do y'all think i should do?
image.jpg

why is it sideways? why does my phone keep doing this?

Edit: Im going with a variation of the AoT skirt idea, tactically speaking the back of it will hide a sheathed knife in my design

Last edited:

Aspect

Working from the legs up is so much easier. anyhow right now I'm determine where the big pieces go, but I've left the pelvis completely bare. There are armors for that but I find them bulky and ugly. What I want to do is some sort of short combat skirt like Attack on Titan but I can't justify doing that just yet as i have no clue what the hell it's even for. It's either that or some type of armored skirt with pads of armor hanging down. what do y'all think i should do?
View attachment 4951

why is it sideways? why does my phone keep doing this?

Edit: Im going with a variation of the AoT skirt idea, tactically speaking the back of it will hide a sheathed knife in my design

I think the skirt is there to protect them while wearing their gear. If I remember correctly it covers the back and sides. The back for their grapple winder and sides for their swords and hook shooter I forget. Prob to protect them from getting burned is my best guess.
It is a grapple and reel system that constantly fires out steel cable and retracts it at very high speed probably produces a lot of frictional heat buildup in the parts.

Or it's just me over thinking it and it's just for looks.

UpSideDownGRUNT

For Ayane of course (as if she needed MOAR costumes)
Gonna color soon.
Atleast with a costume like this she'll live up to her name of "Female Tengu" lol

Brute

Standard Donor
I drew this but I'm iffy on whether I want to submit it or make something else/a better version of it, I hate the way I drew it. The colors aren't final and the picture's kinda dark
Damn, dude. Well I like it a lot. But if you think you can make something even cooler, I won't stop you.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I think the skirt is there to protect them while wearing their gear. If I remember correctly it covers the back and sides. The back for their grapple winder and sides for their swords and hook shooter I forget. Prob to protect them from getting burned is my best guess.
It is a grapple and reel system that constantly fires out steel cable and retracts it at very high speed probably produces a lot of frictional heat buildup in the parts.

Or it's just me over thinking it and it's just for looks.

Might be it, the manga and anime both love explaining what these things are specifically for. works of a person who designed amazingly complicated tech in fantasy and is dying to tell everyone how it works, I can sympathize.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Yes yaiba .. the game.. u heard of it?
At stage 4 now n its a blast.. lots of fun. :)

Once I finish the game I'll try n design a costume on my own .. got a sexy idea. LOL

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD