News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Blash

Hey guys, Im a bit late to the party. My internet was down for a month and I could only look at the competition for a few minutes at a time once every 3 or so days when I was visiting a place with a wifi connection. Glad to see so many artists doing so well.

Looking forward to the finish results. I think I finished 15th, so I'm outside the winning bracket, but was REALLY happy to get the highest amount of likes for Tina. Gratz to @Tyaren on doing so well.

Looking forward to seeing the top 10.

axouel2009

doa_eliot_punk_rock_costume_by_axouel2009-d7hm1nm.png

My little gift for Marco !

nothingtosee

Well that gift is not really little is it haha i wonder if TN will keep the dark hair on Eliot if this costumes gets to be in game (come on TN do it).

Chapstick

If they put Tyaren's Eliot in and change the kilt to plaid pants I'm gonna be so mad. >> I'll still love it and buy it but it'll be disappointing. I wonder if they'll give the winners of outfits that make it in vouchers to get the contest dlc for free.

David Gregg

I believe that the design will be included in the game and that it will be unaltered. In this entire contest with hundreds of entries, it had the highest number of votes (well...from a fair and non-hacking perspective. lol). Do not underestimate the significance of this. TN knows this business well. It has drawn a ton of attention (over 800 votes is saying something) and they sure as hell aren't going to pass up an opportunity to make some $$$ off of that attention. There really isn't anything risque about the outfit (like we've said the boxer-briefs are comparable to the fighter shorts dlc) and the kilt was what made the entry such a big deal, so I can't see them making this outfit without the kilt included.

Argentus

I'm still gonna be pissed if metal slug or aerobics outfits for Mila becomes dlc. cute outfits and yay for the artists if they win, but GOD NOOOOoooo, I wanted a tomboy outfit for Mila, not just another "cute" or "sexy" getup that would work on any of the other girls just as well! she's got enough of those!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Can you please call it something else? every time I see this my heart breaks a bit, It's like i'm being taunted. My entry had suspenders too... :oops:

I'm sorry. :( I really , really liked your outfit from the start. Together with Axel's outfit it's my favorite of the Marie Rose entries. Although young of age, Axel is a real pro at promotion, I learned that ;). And in the end, this contest was a popularity vote. If it weren't for him, I think, the other Marie Rose entries would have also gotten much more attention and votes.

I believe that the design will be included in the game and that it will be unaltered. In this entire contest with hundreds of entries, it had the highest number of votes (well...from a fair and non-hacking perspective. lol). Do not underestimate the significance of this. TN knows this business well. It has drawn a ton of attention (over 800 votes is saying something) and they sure as hell aren't going to pass up an opportunity to make some $$$ off of that attention. There really isn't anything risque about the outfit (like we've said the boxer-briefs are comparable to the fighter shorts dlc) and the kilt was what made the entry such a big deal, so I can't see them making this outfit without the kilt included.

I somehow still can't believe, my design got the most votes in the end. TN hasn't confirmed anything yet and so I don't even dare to feel happy or relieved, that I might have won and I don't even dare to think, they want to release it as DLC (the Facebook vote doesn't determine that anyway). I somehow always think, it's the White Rabbit Eliot, that must be their favorite. But as you said, it's also about the $$$ and 800+ votes speak for themselves, right...? :/
Yesterday someone also commented the Eliot design on Deviantart with: "I would pay a lot more than I should to buy this costume for Eliot." And I thought, maaan, don't tell me, you have to tell that Team Ninja directly! >.<

Last edited:

David Gregg

I somehow always think, it's the White Rabbit Eliot, that must be their favorite. But as you said, it's also about the $$$ and 800+ votes speak for themselves, right...? :/

There is no guarantee of what entries are included in the game, if they remain unaltered, or if they're even on the character who wore them in the entry, but the chances of your Eliot design being in the game are significantly higher than the chances of a formal suit recolor with animal ears. XD And yes, TN at the end of the day is looking to make some cash, and having higher votes for a male character makes it more likely.

David Gregg

And the winners have been officially announced! :)
1st Place: Eliot - 858 votes
2nd Place: MR - 767 votes
3rd Place: Kasumi - 252 votes (assuming it's a typo and they meant 752)
4th Place: Jann Lee - 536 votes
5th Place: Hoodie Rig - 469 votes
6th Place: White Rose Helena - 463 votes
7th Place: Swan Helena - 436 votes
8th Place: Hayabusa - 405 votes
9th Place: Christie - 405 votes
10th Place: Punk Rig - 398 votes

They also gave some shout outs to some specific outfits that some individual members really liked:
Kimono Kasumi:
"Producer Prize, Kasumi, Yosuke Hayashi
Beautiful, cool and eye-grabbing. I think this costume embodies her characteristic well. I fully agree that all fans voted for this costume. I wanna fight with Kasumi in this costume!"

Ivy Inspired Ayane:
"Director Prize, Ayane, Yohei Shimbori
First, I thought that what are you doing with our Ayane with a tail like a monkey, but I thought I started being deluded and honestly I thought she was cute in this costume. This is something that Team NINJA can't create it by our own."

@Rawbietussin 's Christe!! :):
"Chief Designer, Christie, Yutaka Saito
I want to respond your love to Christie with my love to her. If I promise to meet with her at a coffee shop, this is the costume she will put on. Snake and Apple belt design is so adorable! Also, I think normally lady fighter wear half glove to fight, but she is a master of sneak fist, so she has to protect her fingertips."

Ying Yang Lei Fang:
"Team NINJA Designers, LeiFang
It's so funky, original and keep DOA-ish tone in it. We, Team NINJA Designers, must admit that you defeated us! 参りました!!!"

Rachel:
"Community Manager, Rachel
It was unfortunate that this design was attacked by unknown hackers in Facebook and I have to set this aside from the competition. But I like her Damon Hunter-ish a tight black costume with a cyborg type of left arm. Also, I'm a big fan of Ninja Gaiden and would like to bring this costume to Ninja Gaiden Series someday. Thanks everybody again. Much Love."

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
So it was just top 10 and not top 10 in each category. Shame. Oh well.

Congrats to the winners, and special shout-out to everyone who contributed, whether by submission or honest voting.

Remember, there's still a chance that non-winner costumes can be included in the game (I'm looking at the hand-picked TN staff mention choices, in particular), so don't everyone overreact at once.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD