Community Team NINJA Halloween Costume Contest

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I'm not talking frilly bows and lace, but generally what he wears is effeminate. His cat hoodie for one would still be considered such even without the ears, as did his casual which looks like something you would see in a fashion magazine . Both very good but again effeminate

Eliot can get more masculine costumes. Punk Rock Eliot in the first costume contest was masculine as well.

That looked painfully out of place on him could have honestly given that to anyone, I like designing stuff tailored to both personality and appearance

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
To be honest, Eliot's best costumes have been in DOA5U thus far. He still retains his boyish charm, but his outfits have also become more mature and masculine.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
To be honest, Eliot's best costumes have been in DOA5U thus far. He still retains his boyish charm, but his outfits have also become more mature and masculine.

true. i find the best costumes are ones that are able to combine the different aspects into the costume

the rocker, i felt was trying to ignore that boyish charm part
the casual, went to far with it making him look less like a fighter than a model
the cat hoodie was almost perfect, but the cat ears were a bit much

honestly i think his C1 accomplished it best

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The casual costumes felt out of place on a lot of people. Mila and that coat especially. I thought she was supposed to be a tomboy?

Argentus

Fucking Heeeelllll!

Two straight costume design contests while I don't have access to Photoshop anymore.

What kinda fuckin luck is that?!

The casual costumes felt out of place on a lot of people. Mila and that coat especially. I thought she was supposed to be a tomboy?
She was originally, but almost none of the dlc has been tomboyish. Only bass, sport, and arguably schoolgirl.

Its why I was so disappointed in last contest. Quite a few Appropriate tomboy outfits but none of them got any votes, instead only the stereotypically cute and sexy outfits that don't suit her at all.

Its why I'm debating if I even care about this contest. I for sure would design something tomboyish, which means for sure it wouldn't place high.

Argentus

Too bad this is a Halloween costume contest. On this one night, people dress up as someone they are usually not.
So then I could actually an appropriate tomboy outfit for mila then because her dlc usually is not.

She is the only person who could say she's going as herself, and people would be shocked

synce

Haha personality went out the window a long time ago... The main difference in DOA girls now is nationality and hair color

indieanimator

Thanks for the info.
I wonder if people's entries from the last contest that didn't win (that could work for Halloween) will be allowed to be re-entered? If I can enter, this time I'll follow my initial instinct from last time & go for someone who will probably have less competition, like Leon. Last contest I did Marie, and did a Momoji for my brother. Competition is fierce for those popular characters, though. I'm curious if each character will get a winning costume this time...

Gultigargar

Since Halloween is all about playing pretend; Eliot's outfit should be him dressing up as a high tier character.
eliot-high-tier.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD