Community Team NINJA Halloween Costume Contest

JKT

I'm assuming they're going by IP addresses-- though I didn't test if I was able to vote again. There wasn't some sort of IP lock? That just makes it more work for the organizer to have to sort through every vote, haha. That wouldn't make any sense. And to be fair, maybe there is a system in place that negates subsequent votes from the same IP. No one can really say.
Going by IP address doesn't negate the ability to vote multiple times. I'm sure your home laptop has a different IP address to your work computer, or a local library computer (?). Please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know much about IP addresses lol. If I'm wrong I'm sorry lol. I'm only making an assumption from this description of an IP address:

"An IP address is a fascinating product of modern computer technology designed to allow one computer (or other digital device) to communicate with another via the Internet. IP addresses allow the location of literally billions of digital devices that are connected to the Internet to be pinpointed and differentiated from other devices. In the same sense that someone needs your mailing address to send you a letter, a remote computer needs your IP address to communicate with your computer."

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-address

Shiranui

Yes, one can vote using different devices or computers. You can even go to all your friends and familiars houses and use their computers and devices to vote if your mad enough...

Next time, I would prefer a closed door contest with TN as judges. But i can imagine complains from fanbase once costumes were decided.. "what? this one is awful!" "this one was better!" "I'm not going to pay for that shit!" "please TN, chooooose miiiiine!!"
Lol.

Last edited:

JKT

Next time, I would prefer a closed door contest with TN as judges. But i can imagine complains from fanbase once costumes were decided.. "what? this one is awful!" "this one was better!" "I'm not going to pay for that shit!" "please TN, chooooose miiiiine!!"
Lol.
I agree with you so much on this :p! Like I said before, I'm really looking forward to what TN likes themselves.

But without a doubt, giving fans the chance to vote does increase social engagement. Look at us now, we're talking about it lol. Moreover is the fact that it may "remotely" show TN what the fans want, although because of how voting can be done like I proposed earlier, it may be a poor representation of the overall appeal for an entry.

Kronin

Based on the new TN tweet, there was a total of 123 333 votes and the 10 top winners will be announced 16/07 at 6.00pm (US time? EU time? JP time?)

Source: https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/488684917144825856

Source: https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/488685906639872000

Great news ;)

A similar timing was expected like already predicted on the thread, but it's always good to get confirmed infos.

I'm fine with it, but I know some would be pretty pissed off if their designs got butchered

Apparently in the past is already happened to change designs from the fans, so people should expect it without any surprise: the important thing is that the changes made by TN are secondary and not alterating the main idea of the original concept.

Last edited:

David Gregg

It would be great if they released the designs tomorrow for DLC since it will be Tuesday and then reveal the results of the Halloween Contest the day after.

Kronin

It would be great if they released the designs tomorrow for DLC since it will be Tuesday and then reveal the results of the Halloween Contest the day after.

I think that fans showned already too much hype toward an event that was already a special one in itself: I don't think that TN will treat the (eventual) first pack of outfits from the fans like an ordinary DLC, IMO they will foreshadow the thing like already happened for the Halloween pack or Nyotengu.

But of course I hope that you is right :p

Crext

Standard Donor

Cool.

Awesome, Christie gets her sci-fi suit. Can't wait for it.

Though, I got to say, I am really surprised an ELIOT managed to get so many votes. I mean, as far as I know (judged from what people use here on FSD and high level play online) he is the most unpopular character out there. Maybe there is a huge difference between the casuals and people here at FSD, I dunno.

Blash

All I wanna say is, to everyone on FSD who entered, seriously: Good luck! If you put in a solid effort, and worked hard, I hope you do well.

Looking forward to the results on the 16th. I'd say it will be JP time, it seems to be heavy run from the japanese team, and the tweet was in Japanese, so...

Kronin

Cool.

Awesome, Christie gets her sci-fi suit. Can't wait for it.

No Crext, the outcome of the contest doesn't give any sure confirmation about how much and what outfits will become DLC.

TN said that the winner outfits theoretically should be the ones with more chances to become in game DLC, but nothing more. On a direct question about the first contest, TN even answered that it's not impossible a scenario where all the characters could end to get a DLC outfit, so giving again evidence about the degree of indipendence of this event from the results of the contest.

Though, I got to say, I am really surprised an ELIOT managed to get so many votes. I mean, as far as I know (judged from what people use here on FSD and high level play online) he is the most unpopular character out there. Maybe there is a huge difference between the casuals and people here at FSD, I dunno.

I agree, I remained gladly surprised me too of Eliot's popularity, however it's not something so unexpected IMO: in the end characters with a cute and young appearence are always extremely popular in the fandoms, the fact is that the female characters of this kind as Marie Rose appear generally always more in relief compared to their male counterparts.

If something, I think that Rig' success was the real discovery of the contest =)

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
oooooh somebody been cheating. LOL
snicthsign.jpg

REALDEMO

Standard Donor
Going by IP address doesn't negate the ability to vote multiple times. I'm sure your home laptop has a different IP address to your work computer, or a local library computer (?). Please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know much about IP addresses lol. If I'm wrong I'm sorry lol. I'm only making an assumption from this description of an IP address:

"An IP address is a fascinating product of modern computer technology designed to allow one computer (or other digital device) to communicate with another via the Internet. IP addresses allow the location of literally billions of digital devices that are connected to the Internet to be pinpointed and differentiated from other devices. In the same sense that someone needs your mailing address to send you a letter, a remote computer needs your IP address to communicate with your computer."

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-address

Yeah, I actually said "same ip" though-- so that applies to no subsequent voting from the same household/establishment. Maybe there was some unseen script that only the organizer sees; like only recording the initial vote from a unique ip. It would also make sense for him/her to "allow" subsequent voting on the voters end because that would basically abolish any "my wife can't vote since we have the same ip?!?!" complaints. Less of a hassle.

JKT

Yeah, I actually said "same ip" though-- so that applies to no subsequent voting from the same household/establishment. Maybe there was some unseen script that only the organizer sees; like only recording the initial vote from a unique ip. It would also make sense for him/her to "allow" subsequent voting on the voters end because that would basically abolish any "my wife can't vote since we have the same ip?!?!" complaints. Less of a hassle.
Ah ok my bad. I see what you mean.

Crisman

I've actually been wondering that. like if they took my design and the armor from Bayman and mixed the two since mine lacked detail. make it black, add the skirt and mask, and slim it down and you would create one of the most badass Bayman outfit IMO

I'm fine with it, but I know some would be pretty pissed off if their designs got butchered

I'm the artist that design tank bayman and That actually sounds really cool. With your permission can I draw rough drafts of your armor bayman and my tank design and combine both?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD