Community Team NINJA Halloween Costume Contest

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Japanese fans must have voted like crazy this time. Last time almost all winners were from the West and many were even here on Freestepdodge.

I guess, this time we won't see or hear anything from the winners, if they were contacted by Team Ninja and what their prizes were... :(

RetroMe91

Let me just say, I am disappointed. These sucked. The facebook results were less disappointing. I only liked 3rd, 4th, and 6th. The first 2 were just terribly skimpy (especially the Hitomi one which I didn't expect at all). Well I am uninterested in almost all of those. Now I think i might like the bath towel dlc better... yikes... anyway, it's no big deal kinda surprised that there weren't any honorable mentions from TN.

On the positive side, TN did note that designs entered become their property which means they can choose whichever designs they wish. This meaning that they don't have to use any of the excessively skimpy costumes that won, such as the Hitomi costume that I still don't understand...

Blash

Congrats to those who won. The fact that 80% of the winners were japanese, and there was no voting link on the european site is 'interesting!'

Like many of you, I would have liked to have won, or at least seen some of your designs that were great win. Like @Shiranui said, its hard to say certain things and not come across as a sore loser, but the design IMHO are not the best designs.

Anyway, the site says TN have the will make an announcement later on today. Maybe a staff top 5 pick again.

Shiranui

What have win are Japanese tastes. And Japanese love that kind of stuff. And DoA is japanese game full of erotic material. I think is a predectible result having in mind what DoA is.
Anyway, the site says TN have the will make an announcement later on today. Maybe a staff top 5 pick again.
It could be interesting to see personal opinion of TN this time as well.
I'm really disappointed not having any Hayabusa and/or Rig costume. Both have great ones.

Last edited:

Kronin

People, I think that TN has still to announce the jury awards of this contest, I'm sure that they will do it on FB =)

Personally I would have liked to see some male entries in the contest , but from another side I'm glad to see that Japanese people definitely partecipated more actively in this contest compared to the other one. Like I've said more times, if Japanese people (and of course not only them) love fanservice outfits, the problem is not to release them. What TN should so is instead to look for a middle way, a compromise satisfying all the fandom alternating the kind of DLC packs =)

My personal thoughts about the top ten:
  • I 'm definitely not surprised of Succubus Ayane being not only the most voted outfit for her but also the first in the list: good drawing, sexy outfit, popular Japanese theme and for one of the most popular characters of the game. EDIT : But I don't like it too much: the succubus theme is great on Ayane, but so made appear more an alternate bikini (the Helena's version is much better IMO, more detailed and more appearing a real outfit).
  • I love the outfit for Sarah while I don't like so much the outfit of Pai: the design is funny but with an excessive sexy factor for it: said this I'm really glad to see that VF character entered in the top 10 (but Kabuki Akira was awesome... :( )
  • Not surprised of Marie Rose's winning oufit (I didn't vote it, believe me XD) considering that TN is following a conservative path with her outfits and that so JP fans could wish something very different for her. By the way I believe that it's far from being vulgar, it was really possible to give to Marie Rose worst choices for making a sexy DLC, so in the end that it's a good outcome indipendently from my personal liking or less. However IMO other entries for Marie Rose in the contest were better (I don't talk about my design).
  • No surprise about the winning outfits for Kasumi and Phase-4 (the most revealing and sexy ones for them), however the first one maybe it was really the most halloweenish for the kunoichi (even if not my favourite), while on the Phase-4's design were spent already too much words
  • I don't like the winning outfits for Hitomi and Kokoro, no offence for the authors of them or for the work spent on the designs.
  • EDIT: Nyotengu outfit is beautiful and it's deifnitely the entry that make me more glad for its victory, said this I would have prefferred the victory of Brute' s one (that I liked and I voted) just because the one following a theme (the brutal/warrior side of a Tengu) more unlikely to be followed by TN without fans pushing for it (differently from entries more elegant/sexy/royal).
Congrats to those who won. The fact that 80% of the winners were japanese, and there was no voting link on the european site is 'interesting!'

You could enter to the pool even from the U.S.A. main page of DoA5U official site, but it was the only access for the West.

Last edited:

Candy Dragon

Congrats to the winners, but besides Neotengu, this is a pretty awful selection. I can't believe I'm so disappointed. So much flesh on display. Here I thought the DoA community was trying to be taken more seriously :-\

Tyaren

Standard Donor

90% Japanese! Just checked, the Nyotengu is also made by a Japanese artist. o__O The Phase 4 design is made by a Chinese artist.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
This looks more like how we expected it to look last time. and here I thought the fanbase had grown up.

Nyo Tengu is aright, that maid costume is boring, I can't wait to see TN try to give Marie that belly dancer outfit you think were giving you shit now? oh just just try it motherfuckers. that Phase-4 is bad and the artist should feel bad and I would honestly tell them that to their face. Sarahs is good. Everything else sucks as well

Now I'd like to give a thank you to everyone who bitched about the FB contest. Thank you for ruining this for us now even less people are going to enter the next one (if they have one) because their fears were realized that you can't compete against slutty in this game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This looks more like how we expected it to look last time. and here I thought the fanbase had grown up.
I think it has. I basically see a huuuge division of western and Japanese fans though. 90% of the winning outfits are this time Japanese and I also guess 90% of the votes came from there. As Blash said, on the European pages wasn't even a link to the voting.

Now I'd like to give a thank you to everyone who bitched about the FB contest. Thank you for ruining this for us now even less people are going to enter the next one (if they have one) because their fears were realized that you can't compete against slutty in this game.

Well, if there's just the wish to win this thing, we also could design super slutty outfits next time. ;)
I won't participate again though. I'll treasure my one win, while trying to suppress this contest and it's outcome.

Brute

Standard Donor
SGG_soab.gif

Blash

I would like to see TN do a contest where they themselves judge it solely. However, they won't, and I don't blame them. These contests get them huge exposure that they wouldn't normally get.

Someone said it days ago, but I would like to see a character design contest. In saying that, that would be the ULTIMATE popularity contest, so would there be a point in entering?

Shiranui

Results officially announced by Team Ninja in Twitter.

"Thank you to everybody who took part in this competition.
Please let us display the top 10 costumes selected by your voting from the universe.
We might pick up some other costumes for the prize and including those, we will contact you separately through Facebook, Twitter and email. We apologize. We delayed the exhibit some of your designs and a few of the costumes are missing. We will contact you shortly. "

It says this in the official site where top ten are (in pc I don't see this text however, i only see it in my mobile phone)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD