Team Ninja On Why Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Is Missing Features On 360 And PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm a mod. I get to make obligatory posts whipping the rest of you into shape. Especially after deleting 12 posts and editing 1.

But if you do want to hear my opinion, its a bunch of nonsense out of Team Ninja. They put vanilla on the Vita, there's no reason they can't downscale the new levels to last-gen. The bit about not having physical discs for last gen is misdirection that has nothing to do with the actual issue.

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
I'm a mod. I get to make obligatory posts whipping the rest of you into shape. Especially after deleting 12 posts and editing 1.

But if you do want to hear my opinion, its a bunch of nonsense out of Team Ninja. They put vanilla on the Vita, there's no reason they can't downscale it to last-gen. The bit about not having physical discs for last gen is misdirection that has nothing to do with the actual issue.

As im sure you know I was just joking though I do honestly of course want to hear your opinion. However not a very good edit job. >.> you could have easily snipped and shortened some of my comments and only kept the meat inside the fat to help eliminate unneeded text.

And its not about not having disks. That's not the issue or what I stated and if someone else mentioned that, then you are right. They are wrong for that is not what I faultering the current DOA5:LR production for 7th gen

Edit: There I edited out an unnessary piece in one of my posts for you @Rikuto

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
They could just downgrade the graphics and details for the last-gen consoles, then the stages and costumes will be available for them. I'm sure you mentioned this on Twitter @Rikuto ?

I have mentioned it, yes. Right now they've made it a business mandate not to include them in the last-gen versions. Where that mandate came from within the company, who knows. It could have been Hayashi, or more likely it could have been the Koei founders who love to stick their fingers into everything despite being utterly clueless.

But whatever the case is, it has nothing to do with technical limitations. Of that I can promise you.

Brute

Standard Donor
I would buy that if they were re-optimizing everything to truly take advantage of the new hardware all-around. Higher texture resolution, higher poly counts, dramatically new elements, etc. But their versions of Danger Zone and Crimson look completely like something that could run on last gen consoles. They haven't touched much of the texture quality or fixed the poly counts so it's clear they're not going for universal next-gen optimization. It's not like the Halo Master Chief Collection for Xbox One where you look at it and go: "Oh wow. Everything has been re-hauled and it's clear that this wouldn't run on last gen hardware." If the way TN constructed Crimson and Danger Zone truly wouldn't run on last gen consoles, they simply built the stages in a sub-optimal way that requires higher specs than it needs to, because the visual quality of the stages certainly doesn't scream "Current Gen" (same can be said for most of their other visual "enhancements" aside from 1080).

Still seems like a marketing gimmick to push their audience into re-purchasing the game on current gen systems and getting their market transitioned and settled there for upcoming releases. The "we won't give you a costume accessory menu on the character select screen for last gen" spiel doesn't help their case, either, since it clearly demonstrates they are deliberately locking out features for last gen that are completely feasible for the hardware.

This guy is so smart.

You should all listen to him.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I fucking hate this whole situation. I was all set to get a PS4 and Last Round(not just for LR of course) then this happens. Now I feel like I'm being manipulated and its making me not want to do what they want even though it's what I want to do.

Madian

There's three majors reasons why you won't see carbon copy ports for both old and new consoles:

1) (MOST IMPORTANT) In order to get a license from Sony or Microsoft for both old and new consoles, they require that something be different between the two versions that make the next gen version better. A friend of mine who made an indie game ran into this same problem. His game uses 16 bit 2D graphics so there was no way he would be able to short change the 360 version and not lose face in front of the fan base. Instead he settled with putting his game on the XBone only. Maybe the new stages were what they had to leave out. You can't be mad at TN because this is a REQUIREMENT of getting a dual license. If they were to follow such a rigid honor system it would mean they couldn't make a PS3 or 360 version and that would piss off the community even more.

2) Like TN said, they can't get commercial support for retail versions of the game on old consoles. Most games being put out on PS3 and 360 are digital only now anyway.

3) The PS4 and XBone are, in fact, more powerful than the previous consoles. Granted this isn't as important of a reason as 1 and 2 but devs were already pushing them to their limits to keep up with what PCs have been able to do for years now.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
The PC was doing more graphially than ps4 and xbox one combined in 2011 lol's

I still don't get why people are mad over this >.>

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
The PC was doing more graphially than ps4 and xbox one combined in 2011 lol's

I still don't get why people are mad over this >.>

We can't simplify it anymore than what we've already done if you and all those other people "can't get it" then I guess it's beyond your comprehension. I'm not explaining common sense again.

Kohlrak

The costumes customization thing makes absolutely no sense. If they can render the costumes at all, there's no reason why they can't be previewed. Stages have much more complicated rendering setup which would take more resources than the backgrounds we're seeing in selection.

Leifang2000

To sum it up, it is "just not enough time. Not wasting time to do PS3/Xbox360. Not worth it. Say welcome back to 60FPS on the new gen."

I like the fact that the new stage are optimized.
In fact we all knew that the game is optimized on the new gen.

TsukuyomiSan

It's all in the marketing, as said earlier, they must intimidate fans to purchase the newer generation consoles by edging to not put new and highly anticipated content into the older gen consoles.

They cannot release a game on an old generation console with the same content as the newer generation version and expect a decent amount of sales for the newer generation consoles, as they know hardcore fans will pay more for new gen content and less engrossed fans would tend to stick to the cheaper and more familiar side of their gaming, hence staying with the older generation consoles. (Assuming the newer gen version will gross for a more expensive amount).

MASTER

Standard Donor
I don't post here much so this post alone should tell you how upset but more disappointed I am about what's going on. We've been trying to truly figure out what's going on with OUR Team and the answer is simply KOEI. I've made plans to make another stream this coming Saturday evening. I'd guess a lot of you wont want to miss it.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I don't post here much so this post alone should tell you how upset but more disappointed I am about what's going on. We've been trying to truly figure out what's going on with OUR Team and the answer is simply KOEI. I've made plans to make another stream this coming Saturday evening. I'd guess a lot of you wont want to miss it.

MASTER
I have no plans on doing anything this Saturday, so I'll be there to watch the stream....and supervise the kids good eggs in the chat lol

Last edited:

JKT

f62.gif

MASTER
Just wondering, is TN aware of these streams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD