Team Ninja Twitter

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
You had the option to turn on double-direction holds in the Dreamcast and PS2 versions of DOA2.

I was just doing this on my DC copy of the game. It makes the game more fun IMO and it's helping me break my dependency on holds. It's a really nice learning tool. Did they give you that option in 2U?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Posts were deleted for off-topic trolling. Take it to Private Conversations. This thread is for discussions related to Team NINJA's twitter.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
honestly ...
after playing doa4 for 2 hours yesterday ... and rinsing out the alpha demo for the past few months ..

having 3 point or 4 point is no big deal in my opinion ...
its all the tweaks around the hold ...

doa4s shit recovery, insane damage and long ass active frames make holds too fricken broken ... its dumb and stupid .. you get out of stun so easy theres hardly a point to slow escape .. and then you can just throw in a follow up hold .. its retarded ... hell sometimes you can hold .. then mash jabs to avoid a counter throw ... they're that stupidly fast ...

doa5 alpha .. despite having 3 point ... gave offensive advantage ... and made the stun extension of the holds worth something ... also the damage decrease to holds really has a huge impact ... it just makes it a far more aggressive game ... they really are a bigger gamble to do now and you really have to think them through .. i love it !

i dont think 4 point will harm it .. nor will 3 point ... because the tweaks themselves are whats making more sense.

man ... e3 .. hurry the hell up !

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
So all you had to do was; play the alpha demo, and then go back to play that game to see the brokenness we have been arguing with you for the past couple months. Well at least you know, now.

I never disagreed about the brokenness... But i didnt like the solutions proposed ...
Especially since most the problems were drasticly fixed in alpha... And i wad basing my opinion on the doa5 point of view (which is why i was strongly against removing holds out of stun)

I just didnt realize the extent of the shitfest we were playing till i acctually went back to play it after so long

This also makes me alot more confident that what we're getting is an amazing upgrade...

Berzerk!

As basic as it sounds - its good that you formed some ideas, then played, tested your assumptions, and checked them against the actual game experience.

The part about 3 or 4 point not making much difference though, you'll notice when you play human opponents in 3 point then 4 point or vice versa and talk to them about their habits, you'll know going from 4 to 3 that they are getting lucky at times they shouldn't.

Also, its a good mental test for yourself to mentally think about whether you want to hold a mid kick or mid punch when you're doing mid hold in 3 point and ask yourself how many times you were wrong.

synce

I played DOA4 on a friend's gold account the other day and I was still owning w/Zack and Tengu despite not having played for a couple years. I was still seeing people throw out 3 counters in a row, but you know what happens to em? Half-circle-forward-A! :eek: Sometimes they get lucky but if you're good you still come out on top, even in DOA4

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The amount of reward given is not worth the work required to get it.

DyByHands

Can anyone translate those last tweets from TN? My comp just does the squares... Its old, I know.
Ive been waiting for the english ones but its been like 14 hours... Maybe it just not much.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
From what I gathered, they just are talking about IPL and the live stream at E3.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
TeamNINJAStudio

Considered to be part of the 8th generation of game console - what is it? … wonder why that came out... ;)
Just posted an hour ago.

Are they hinting at a possible WiiU release, or...?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The 8th generation is currently WiiU, PSP Vita, and 3DS. Don't know which they are referring to.

DR2K

The 8th generation is currently WiiU, PSP Vita, and 3DS. Don't know which they are referring to.

WiiU most likely. Since it's getting an updated version of NG3 already, this seems like the most logical step.

DyByHands

Yeah, WiiU and/or maybe the Vita. I hope they stay away from the 3ds though... Damn thing hurts my eyes.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
they better not get an update on wiiu of this game otherwise heads will roll...
unless we get the same update as well...

im not playing this game on a fucking i pad either ... either give me a stick ... or screw their dumb touch screen

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD