Team Ninja Twitter

MasterHavik

at TFC nearly everyone was loving the changes. Back on the internet everyone is crying doom. I also completely disagree with the assessment made by xcal on eliot, but he uses abnormal setups so maybe its more of a nerf to xcal than eliot. /shrug
the world will never know until sept 3rd.

Brute

Standard Donor
at SJ7 nearly everyone was loving the changes. Back on the internet everyone is crying doom.
I'm still bouncing up and down after seeing Leon.

Concerned about Ryu, but mainly because info has been so scarce. The only competent Ryu player I know of who went to SJ seems disappointed to say the least, so that doesn't help.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Nobody really had time to take ANY character into the lab fully.

Hayate and Leon are confirmed beast mode with what we know exists.

Ein requires further examination.

Momiji and Rachel look very promising.

Rumors of Helena's death are, as usual, greatly exaggerated.

Bayman took some system-based nerfs to his force tech game, but in return got something that will allow him to play on a completely different level.

DR2K

An answer that short is worthy of making me type a very very long ranting post but I'm going to not do that and try t keep this brief.

I don't want him to be easy mode, but I do want him to be good.

- Sabakis
- Advanced Holds
- Parries
- General frame advantage
- NH stun lows
- Speed
- Sit down stuns
- Any guaranteed damage
- 13 frame mid kick launcher which he had in the other 3 DOA games he was in

He has none of these things from what we've seen. So.. what does he have? Oh yeah those OH's that people seem to complain about for whatever reason. Damage? Akira and Jann Lee do more (Oh and they're both faster and have parries and OH's wouldn't ya know it?). Throws? Holds? Lei and Busa have better ones. Oh and they're faster too. In fact, If you can name one thing Ein actually excels at in this game, then I'll just shut up.

6P+K, 7P and 46K buffs were great, but he didn't need them in DOA2.

7K was an unholdable mid kick launcher which would track in this game also. 33T effectively took a 3rd of your health on hi counter throw and Ein overall did more ridiculous damage.

I don't want DOA2 Ein back either, an enhanced DOA4 Ein would be perfect. But the point is they aren't keeping him the same, they're making him worse. Every. Game.

It seems you want something new with him more than anything else. He's very solid from what has been seen, we don't know what new combos, stuns, properties he has quite yet. Him having OHs is very good ask Leifang and Jann players, since he's not the character type these would normally go to.

Relax. His spacing game and mid range tools will always be useful.

Zeo

It seems you want something new with him more than anything else. He's very solid from what has been seen, we don't know what new combos, stuns, properties he has quite yet. Him having OHs is very good ask Leifang and Jann players, since he's not the character type these would normally go to.

Relax. His spacing game and mid range tools will always be useful.
It's not particularly that I want something new, it'd be nice but he doesn't honestly need it. All I'm asking for is what's there to be solid. A character like him is based largely on the properties of his moves and from what we've seen there's a lot of wasted potential and we've seen mostly watered down DOA4 Ein. And in this game that might not cut it.

Tools like parries, sabakis, etc are more prevalent and relevant in this DOA than any other and if he doesn't have any of those options he needs his basic tools to have the properties that put him up to par with the rest of the cast.

However-

What this nice man said. A lot of Ein's tools and abilities are yet to be discovered. Particularly his frames as we don't know how safe he is just yet. We don't know what's advantage and what's punishable (I saw 2H+K punished but that's about it) and for Ein I feel a lot of his game will be in his frames and safety. I just hope he gets some form of guaranteed damage and at least ONE useful sit down stun.

Really now? I DO see a lot more potential for backturn combos with his new tools and he'll definitely be a lot scarier in the spacing and pressure game with those teleports... can't wait to try him out but I don't think he falls in the same category as Leon. Leon is.... ridiculous....ly good.

DR2K

It's not particularly that I want something new, it'd be nice but he doesn't honestly need it. All I'm asking for is what's there to be solid. A character like him is based largely on the properties of his moves and from what we've seen there's a lot of wasted potential and we've seen mostly watered down DOA4 Ein. And in this game that might not cut it.

Tools like parries, sabakis, etc are more prevalent and relevant in this DOA than any other and if he doesn't have any of those options he needs his basic tools to have the properties that put him up to par with the rest of the cast.

I don't think parries, sabaki's, etc. . . . are going to make and break characters. Hitomi has a punch parry and is still considered one of the worst characters in the game. I think his OHs will take him very far.

Zeo

I don't think parries, sabaki's, etc. . . . are going to make and break characters. Hitomi has a punch parry and is still considered one of the worst characters in the game. I think his OHs will take him very far.
Hitomi's parry is not very good and needs tweaking but it's a way to shut down jab heavy characters regardless and adds to her mixup game and pressure. It's not the greatest tool but it does make her better. Like I said, he doesn't need those tools but for an example Jann Lee only has an OH, but his basic striking tools are more than enough to make him one of the better characters in the game. Compare his striking tools and properties to Hitomi and we see how much better of a striker he is.

His OH's do horrible damage but they will be great purely because they are OH's. And personally I think he needs them in his current state. Weather or not I still feel that way once I see what he's all about on the 3rd is up in the air though.

DR2K

Hitomi's parry is not very good and needs tweaking but it's a way to shut down jab heavy characters regardless and adds to her mixup game and pressure. It's not the greatest tool but it does make her better. Like I said, he doesn't need those tools but for an example Jann Lee only has an OH, but his basic striking tools are more than enough to make him one of the better characters in the game. Compare his striking tools and properties to Hitomi and we see how much better of a striker he is.

His OH's do horrible damage but they will be great purely because they are OH's. And personally I think he needs them in his current state. Weather or not I still feel that way once I see what he's all about on the 3rd is up in the air though.

I think he'll be a very well rounded mid tier character at worst. His OHs will fill any gaps he has at close range and help him deal with crush/low heavy characters. His basic tools still look great at mid space.

Zeo

I think he'll be a very well rounded mid tier character at worst. His OHs will fill any gaps he has at close range and help him deal with crush/low heavy characters. His basic tools still look great at mid space.
That much I can agree with. Feeling a little Mid-Low tier myself but that's probably just me being pessimistic. Hoping for the best.

(Also looks like this is gonna be the 3rd game Hayate's better than him in.)

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
at SJ7 nearly everyone was loving the changes. Back on the internet everyone is crying doom.
So then maybe people from the event should fill everyone else in, instead of gloating that they know better? Just an idea.

I'm suspect about Leon. From what I saw on stream, Momiji had better throw damage than him. Momiji for fuck's sake. That's really worrying for me. I also don't like that they made his air grab throw away from the edges of stages instead of over those edges and onto the next area like in previous games. I noticed that a few times on Lost World.

Hayate seems a bit nerfed as well. From what I read, he's slower overall, his juggles nerfed and they took away his sit-down stun off of P+K.

You've actually had some hands-on so why do you feel they're so great?

For me, DOA4 Ein was a vast improvement over DOA2 Ein. Guard brakes, sweep, 6P+K doing a stun on NH etc. I don´t want DOA2 Ein back... DOA4 Ein plus 2-3 new useful moves and a little safer... That´s it.
Didn't 6P+K have your opponent recover before you on hit in DOA4? I thought I read that somewhere. That seems like the exact opposite of an improvement. So do guard breaks that lead to nothing.

The contents of that thread is so far from the crap people post to their twitter and facebook. Which, you so nicely pasted a tiny bit of what their twitter looks like for us on the previous page. Where people are just bitching and moaning to TN, rather than actually saying anything. But alas, thats just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
So the moral of the story is that they ignore us whether we're nice or not?

Rubedood

I also don't like that they made his air grab throw away from the edges of stages instead of over those edges and onto the next area like in previous games. I noticed that a few times on Lost World.

His air throw direction can be controlled, and it does throw them off ledges. Saw it several times on Saturday's stream

MasterHavik

Momiji and Rachel look very promising.

Rumors of Helena's death are, as usual, greatly exaggerated.

Bayman took some system-based nerfs to his force tech game, but in return got something that will allow him to play on a completely different level.
So bayman will still be breaking people legs. Are you please with 5U Bayman Rikuto? I'm sad that I may have to wait until the game comes out to really breakdown Zack.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So bayman will still be breaking people legs. Are you please with 5U Bayman Rikuto? I'm sad that I may have to wait until the game comes out to really breakdown Zack.

Whatever else he has gained/lost, he has finally obtained the ability to space. Considering he is a defensive character, I assume you realize the implications of that.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Yes Hayate's sit down stun got replaced but I seem to recall everyone hating them anyhow.these new weird flop stuns could very much be garunteed, if only harder to capitalize on.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I want to see how Zack's DOA3 PP6KK works out on 5U. I hope it's a two-part string so I can do more combos, or else.... I'll be appreciative of how it turns out either way. I also hope that he gets more than +10 frames on his 6T.

David Gregg

at SJ7 nearly everyone was loving the changes. Back on the internet everyone is crying doom. I also completely disagree with the assessment made by xcal on eliot, but he uses abnormal setups so maybe its more of a nerf to xcal than eliot. /shrug

I understand what you're saying Rikuto but it comes down to the fact that the gameplay that I've seen of Eliot (there were more gameplay vids w/ him not just xcal) have shown only nerfs. We have yet to see a single new positive change to him which worries me.

The only real "possible" improvement (which no one used at summer jam but at E3) is that his 33p2p ground bounces an opponent (it doesn't seem high enough though to follow up on)

Last edited:

MasterHavik

Whatever else he has gained/lost, he has finally obtained the ability to space. Considering he is a defensive character, I assume you realize the implications of that.
Oh yes sir. I get it. That does seem to help him with his playstyle.
I want to see how Zack's DOA3 PP6KK works out on 5U. I hope it's a two-part string so I can do more combos, or else.... I'll be appreciative of how it turns out either way. I also hope that he gets more than +10 frames on his 6T.
Well looking for Zack shouldn't be what we're looking for. It's all about the mixup the combos come with opening people up.

Belinea

In my opinion the whole Eliot fiasco is greatly, greatly exaggerated. Losing an open-stance situational set-up does not ruin him, and neither does a 2-in-1 moves that covers great distance, guarantees a ground hit, and crushes low becoming unsafe. Yes it sucks, but it's not the end of him, and definitely doesn't warrant something as extreme as people jumping on twitter and demanding he be removed from the game. This definitely seems like a situation were we are jumping the gun just a little. Again, just my opinion on the matter.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Yes it sucks, but it's not the end of him, and definitely doesn't warrant something as extreme as people jumping on twitter and demanding he be removed from the game.
What happened the last time Team Ninja made an already bad character (DOA4) worse (DOAD)?

RuZqTeF.gif

Hard to know if you aren't ever nice.
Ahem!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD