Team NINJA's Next Masterpiece Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Yes - a new stunning and impressionable IP took precedence over a new Dead or Alive or a new Ninja Gaiden from Team NINJA. While it could be viewed as peculiar to some, KOEI TECMO wasn't even planning to be at the show at all, so it was nice to see something from the team ahead of TGS. Plus, Phil Spencer brought up the importance of Japanese development being a part of their systems, and that they missed working with Team NINJA like they did in the past.

Team NINJA's last game was Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin and it was considered a great action-rpg for the fans of Final Fantasy I. Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is also being categorized as an action-rpg. We don't know a lot about the game yet, but it's being headed by Fumihiko Yasuda, and he has in some capacity worked on every franchise Team NINJA has at their disposal and is most famous for working on Nioh. To make things even better, Bloodborne producer, Masaaki Yamagiwa will be collaborating with Team NINJA.

The gameplay difficulty from Nioh will definitely return coupled with the historical beauty of the Genesis Three Kingdoms Dynasty and could be harder than ever before with implementation of a Nemesis mechanic. The Nemesis mechanic will make the game progressively harder than Nioh because being defeated in combat results in the enemy having a better understanding of your playstyle and favorite moves which will of course intensify in greater difficulties.

With NINJA Gaiden Black you could get away with using 'Flying Swallow' on most enemies - a dive attack that drives right through the necks of weaker enemies. With this mode an enemy would adapt to that idea and reverse it, or block more often. Your reward for killing them is likely a move or the preset loot, but keep in mind that with greater difficulties the Nemesis mechanic could work against you whether you are doing good or not.

Fallen Dynasty will also not be a looter in the same sense that every enemy will have loot like in Nioh. Loot will still drop from tougher enemies as well as preset loot from bosses more similar to how you unlock things in Elden Ring. As of now there will not be any god rolls to unlock for your favorite weapons. That being said there will be loot unlike the Warriors franchise which is more about unlocking a character for a new weapon.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty will be available for XBOX Series S|X, PC, Game Pass Playstation 4 & 5 arriving in early 2023. It's great to see that it will have an early release window, because this makes them flexible for more projects in 2023-2024.

Last edited:
I had just seen elsewhere that it will be on ps5, ps4, pc, xbox one and series x/s. Just btw.

i am hyped for this though. There day 1.

Oh, so it will be on Playstation.

Anyone that loved Bloodborne should love this game as it's also being produced by Masaaki Yamagiwa.

Last edited:
Notice:

Wo Long is not exclusive to XBOX and PC - it will be coming to PS4 and PS5 as well. Though Microsoft did work a deal with Koei Tecmo for the game to arrive on Game Pass.

Press Release.jpg

I think this press release is the source you want to check out. Most launch stories for the game WILL have you believing it's Microsoft exclusive.

This trailer looks sick. I love action RPG’s. I was kinda surprised when I saw only XBOX. Console exclusive games don’t fit this time and age in the gaming world anymore. Luckily it isnt.

Thanks for the find. I added the interview to our story here. Loved the interview.

It's pretty cool that Masaaki Yamagiwa is on board. While he was mostly a producer for Bloodborne, he still had a hand for many quirks within it including ideas.

Super dope that more minds of other popular titles officially joined Team NINJA. If we can get Team NINJA to grab more candidates like him, they'd continue a spree of strong action genre. Maybe even for DOA.

It's pretty cool that Masaaki Yamagiwa is on board. While he was mostly a producer for Bloodborne, he still had a hand for many quirks within it including ideas.

Super dope that more minds of other popular titles officially joined Team NINJA. If we can get Team NINJA to grab more candidates like him, they'd continue a spree of strong action genre. Maybe even for DOA.

"Defeating a stronger enemy will be rewarding, or the enemy will be rewarded something for defeating you."

To me this does sound like a concept from the Warrior games. Taking strong holds and losing them to the enemy. The images tout what looks to be quite a few NPCs. So, if they blended Warrior games with the Nioh games and make it big budget like Nioh, I think that would be something I'd be intrigued to play.

I always found the concepts of those games to be interesting, but Orochi, Samurai and Dynasty did not engage me with the gameplay I was looking for from the Ninja Gaidens or the Niohs.

"Defeating a stronger enemy will be rewarding, or the enemy will be rewarded something for defeating you."

To me this does sound like a concept from the Warrior games. Taking strong holds and losing them to the enemy. The images tout what looks to be quite a few NPCs. So, if they blended Warrior games with the Nioh games and make it big budget like Nioh, I think that would be something I'd be intrigued to play.

I always found the concepts of those games to be interesting, but Orochi, Samurai and Dynasty did not engage me with the gameplay I was looking for from the Ninja Gaidens or the Niohs.

Well luckily it won't be anything similar to Warrior/Musou games lol. I think they meant the common concept that by defeating special enemies/bosses, you'll always get some power up for doing it, so you got a reward out of it.

The enemy will be rewarded something for defeating you i'm not sure what they meant by that. Soulslike game punishes you for dying by losing your currency/triggering events that affects the ending.

well if its anything like the last 3 TN games it will probably have a bunch of demos plus its day 1 game pass so I'll check this out at least once. while soulslikes are not my thing at all I'll always try out whatever TN comes up with even if it isn't to my liking.

According to online translations from this, there wont be any stamina. Which again, I am here for.

I never played any soul like games until nioh. And then Sekiro. And I loved both. But if this is more in line with Sekiro I would like that. Or even Ninja Gaiden with traversal, weapons and combos… I am just really getting excited to see more of this.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD