Tekken

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Supers as a half life comeback mechanic per round, sure sounds like DOA5 to me
Sounds more like KOF94, 95 and 96... (and many other older KOF/SNK related fighting games) to me. Several other fighting games such as the SFIV and CVS2 (groove system) series also took this approach all of which predates both DOA and Tekken.
Plus, the concept of "finishing moves/super animations" had already originated on TTT2 technically, mainly from item equipment from the customization option or character specific tag ups - yet the former was only a passive element. DOA5 had a more elaborate approach in assessing supers and high damage offensive mechanics - thus, you have Critical Stun states and the Power Blows/Launchers.
This is part of the reason why a lot of these "FG rip off" arguments don't really make sense in context; these are still FG's trying to innovate new concepts over time... every other fighting game would have to take an approach of some sort, especially on the behalf of DOA and Tekken.

This is also still an early build of Tekken 7, so we're definitely not in a position to start jumping conclusions about anything yet until research is already complete.
On topic, the aesthetics looks pretty nice as of Tekken 7. This weekend, we're going to see much more...

Last edited:
Reactions: CFW

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
As a person who loves DOA just like everyone else here, I never thought I would have to say this. But some of you people in this community need to chill the fuck out.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
As a DOA player, I never thought I would have to say this. But some of you people in this community need to chill the fuck out.

im always chill, except when im not. i was just trying to poke fun at tekken for the rivalry we've had with them about differing game mechanics only to end up with a very similar mechanic that quite frankly is "meh"

This weekend, we're going to see much more...

the only thing i want to see is an improvement to Tekken's stupid grappling game. their isn't much reward to pulling these or the ones that do have decent damage are difficult to perform.

i mean look at Goh's grabs, some of them do 1/3rd of your life and most are performed with a single quarter circle command.

a lot of Astaroth's grabs, put him in favorable positions, ring out, or allow follow ups in addition to good damage.

Bayman's offensive holds lets him keep offensive to strikers, and his wall game throws can seriously mess people up, after certain combos his follow up ground throw is guaranteed.

it takes more work to perform a single part of King's throws than most of theirs and for what? 10% health? i want a good grappler in Tekken not these 100 button parlor tricks

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Project Bokuho, where and when will there be a live stream today?

Even though the videos are mostly of really bad quality, one can already make out, how beautiful Tekken 7 looks. It's supposed to run at 60% of it's actual graphical capacity, but I wouldn't believe developers too much in that regard... Anyways, character models look great, are smoothly animated , great lighting in the stages and the backgrounds look very detailed and three dimensional. Just these completely overdone sparks everywhere... I'm worried, I will hate those in in DOA5 Last Round too. XD

gnooz

Fighting games copying each other all the time and recently they have been going extreme about this. If you can't see this, the problem is you. Don't behave like "I know a lot let me explain you don't know anything did you even play those two games? Don't make comparisons" This is annoying :)

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
@Project Bokuho, where and when will there be a live stream today?

Even though the videos are mostly of really bad quality, one can already make out, how beautiful Tekken 7 looks. It's supposed to run at 60% of it's actual graphical capacity, but I wouldn't believe developers too much in that regard... Anyways, character models look great, are smoothly animated , great lighting in the stages and the backgrounds look very detailed and three dimensional. Just these completely overdone sparks everywhere... I'm worried, I will hate those in in DOA5 Last Round too. XD
50% graphical quality, actually :)

Tonights stream will be:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv195284776
You must have a Niconico account to watch the stream. Which state in the US do you live in by the way?

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Fighting games copying each other all the time and recently they have been going extreme about this. If you can't see this, the problem is you. Don't behave like "I know a lot let me explain you don't know anything did you even play those two games? Don't make comparisons" This is annoying :)

What's more annoying is players complaining about the said fighting games "ripping off" each other which is already subjective as it is. Don't behave as if this is a completely new concept. That is also annoying. Insert random :) here.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'm actually glad that Bounds have been minimized for Tekken 7. It was the same way in Tekken Revolution, where there were a few bound attacks, but you couldn't bound a character during a combo. I do like some of the more dramatic effects, like how characters bounce high off the ground during a stage transition and how the camera slows down when the finishing blow is struck. Since this build is not yet fully complete, I hope the Japanese and Korean players give a lot of useful feedback on what needs to be fixed. I can't wait to see what this game looks like when it's at 100% and on current gen console hardware. Either way, I'm just glad to have 1v1 Tekken back. Sure, the option was there in TTT2, but I know a lot of people got shit for playing solo.

Last edited:

Radiance

it takes more work to perform a single part of King's throws than most of theirs and for what? 10% health? i want a good grappler in Tekken not these 100 button parlor tricks

You're "trying" to know what you're talking about and failing =/ Grapple characters in Tekken can be played much more offensively and don't need to rely on their throws as much as someone like Bass or Bayman. Kings and Armor Kings "Giant Swing" does at least 30-40% damage without wall damage, that's stronger than all of Goh's throws in your provided example. I'm not understanding where you got 10% health from. You're examples are biased stating grapple characters in other games are better. King, and armor king also have throws for maximizing damage, resets, and positioning.

Reactions: CFW

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm actually glad that Bounds have been taken out for Tekken 7. I do like some of the more dramatic effects, like how characters bounce high off the ground during a stage transition and how the camera slows down when the finishing blow is struck. Since this build is not yet fully complete, I hope the Japanese and Korean players give a lot of useful feedback on what needs to be fixed. I can't wait to see what this game looks like when it's at 100% and on current gen console hardware.
Bound is in the game, but it's limited. It has a different animation as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD