Tekken

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Not sure why Tekken has to be the exception though. I firmly believe that you don't have to play Tekken to appreciate the 3D fighting genre as a whole, heck I don't play it either and yet I still appreciate the journey those guys went through. Is there some weird prideful competition going on success? or is there sheer bias to where one must expect Tekken to only obtain the bronze medal?
I'll answer that with another question:

How much more transparent and obvious do I have to be about my personal bias toward Tekken?

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I'll answer that with another question:

How much more transparent and obvious do I have to be about my personal bias toward Tekken?
Awesmic, I don't know you enough to understand your bias against Tekken. So can you elaborate for me what your bias against it is?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I think each 3D fighter has their fans who are firmly entrenched in it and think what they play is the best over the competition. The VF playerbase I hang with, they all think their game is as deep as the marianna trench. Tekken has the same aura of conceit.

Extremely accurate which is something I definitely see in every 3D fighter (heck fighting games in general). It's the nature of things and it would actually be odd if there isn't a demographic for it that has fans like that. There are VF players that think their series is the greatest, there are DOA players that think their series is the greatest, and Tekken especially has players that think their series is the greatest.

I think preference is perfectly fine, but yeah I'd like to see more 3D fighters in general. Another 2 or more series that isn't only SC/VF/DOA/Tekken.

Reactions: Rob

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Extremely accurate which is something I definitely see in every 3D fighter (heck fighting games in general). It's the nature of things and it would actually be odd if there isn't a demographic for it that has fans like that. There are VF players that think their series is the greatest, there are DOA players that think their series is the greatest, and Tekken especially has players that think their series is the greatest.

I think preference is perfectly fine, but yeah I'd like to see more 3D fighters in general. Another 2 or more series that isn't only SC/VF/DOA/Tekken.
You mean, like Bloody Roar, Tobal, and Plasma Sword?

Good luck with the latter two, but Konami could at least bring out a Bloody Roar collection minus Bloody Roar 4 at the bare minimum.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Good luck with the latter two, but Konami could at least bring out a Bloody Roar collection minus Bloody Roar 4 at the bare minimum.
Knowing Konami's track record of screwed up developments (MGS Master Collection as of recent), Bloody Roar would very likely suffer the same fate with little to no effort sadly.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Knowing Konami's track record of screwed up developments (MGS Master Collection as of recent), Bloody Roar would very likely suffer the same fate with little to no effort sadly.
The Contra Anniversary Collection, The Castlevania Anniversary Collection, The Castlevania Advance Collection, and the TMNT Cowabunga Collection were the furthest thing from screwed up developments.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You mean, like Bloody Roar, Tobal, and Plasma Sword?

I'd like to see those, though I was more referring to completely new ones. Granted, making a 3D fighter is not easy and getting a company to commit to it is pretty rare.

ArcSys at one point years ago thought about making a 3D fighter with a 3D plane but not sure what happened to that idea so was safe to assume they scratched that off. Not sure why they would change up their 2D style formula if it works.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

As someone who has been a Tekken fan since Tekken 2 and played DOA1 on PS1, Shimbori being the Producer/Assist Director of Tekken 8 is nothing but a win in my book.
The character models especially the females look better than they ever have and definitely upgraded in the body department lol the females still look worse than the males do which is an issue but they still look great and Tekken having DOA Danger Zones and throw punishes is really fucking cool. I basically get a perfect marriage of both games I love and Tekken 8 is looking to be the best game in the series. I couldn't be more excited for Tekken 8 if I tried tbh lmao

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Still unsure about customization atm since judging from the Reina one, unless most of the content is locked and not visible in the menu until you unlock it in super ghost battle or something, stuff is limited since the generic stuff isn't all that, but it does look like hair will be universal since starting off Reina could equip Lee, and even Leo's hair from the start and Jane's hair is selectable too which makes me think there's going to he a scene with her and Jack 8 in it.

Idc about hair much since Lili already has the best hair in the game so I'll likely just mod and recolor it, but the clothes are disappointing atm. I did see that Jin could wear Hwoarang's clothes so I'm hoping that means everyone can wear each other's stuff and it won't just be relegated to rivals like Asuka and Lili since I really want to have Lili wear Nina and Reina's gear. The music is Also hands down the best in the series so far imo, it's like they took what DOA6 did with their DOA stage tracks and put that more dark vibe into the stage and music production

Derock

The major thing I like about this game is that they FINALLY separate the rank system to only the Arcade Quest/Ghost battles and not in offline Versus modes . So while playing the through the demo (which once again, I promoting my secondaries to primaries since I don't have Julia or Michelle), I noticed that Nina's chain throws are super easier to execute than before! It literally threw me off guard seeing the animations so that means King's would be easier too and I have to watch out because he means business!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The major thing I like about this game is that they FINALLY separate the rank system to only the Arcade Quest/Ghost battles and not in offline Versus modes . So while playing the through the demo (which once again, I promoting my secondaries to primaries since I don't have Julia or Michelle), I noticed that Nina's chain throws are super easier to execute than before! It literally threw me off guard seeing the animations so that means King's would be easier too and I have to watch out because he means business!
Yeah that's something they changed, they made grapples easier to perform with one button press but the damage is only going to be max damage if you do the original inputs. It at least means that mashing will work but you'll have to actually memorize the throws original inputs to get the most of its damage xD

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Any early access videos of Asuka and the customization options for her?

Kasumi-Phase-X

Any early access videos of Asuka and the customization options for her?
So far from what I've found, I didn't find any videos of Asuka's Customization. I've only manage to find 6 characters Reina, Victor, Devil Jin, Panda, Azucena, & Jin.

Reactions: Rob
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD