Tekken

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Reina's 4th outfit just looks like they used the customization, like I see what the vision is but.... it doesn't really fit. [edit: it seems all the new character's 4th costumes are just customization] Very pleased with everything I've seen so far I really cannot wait for next month it's about to be torture lol. It's unfortunate that the demo they're releasing this week will only have 4 characters as I was super excited to try Leo.... but I guess I'll just have to wait for the game to come out.

This stage is fucking insane.
Did you see this stage?

Timestamped:

Love the music and setting. It's fucking killer!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Did you see this stage?

Timestamped:

Love the music and setting. It's fucking killer!
I love most of the tracks so far, they definitely toned down the dubstep and went with a sound direction that's very much as ambient and more surreal than T7. It's almost like Tekken 4 imo. All the stages imo are great but here's my thoughts on the music:

-The dark red arena underground stage that uses the same OST as the standard arena stage imo was kinda a let down, I expected something more edgy but I'll change that with jukebox

-Coliseum of fate was OK, I liked the vocals but it definitely seemed like Tekken's attempt to surpass DOA6's Coliseum stage music which imo was far.

-Fallen Destiny is legit perfection, I can't wait to hear final round if it's that good. The stage is probably one of the best

-Descent into Subconscious is good, although I think final round version is better, the beginning round OST is more Atmospheric and mellow.

-Into the Stratosphere is hands down the best imo, cold and the fact it's in space makes it even better, I can't wait to hear what final round sounds like since this far surpasses heat haze shadow.

-The dojo stage is OK, but doesn't beat Tekken 4's Honmaru stage or Mishima Dojo from Tekken 8 imo

-Not really feeling Lee's Manson stage theme, hoping the final round is harder so I can just use that

midnight Seige is really good, it's so chill but menacing, it has that retro ambience that Tekken 4 had

TheHunterKiller692

Because Harada and Shimbori are both cowards. They burn bridges they should stand on, and are repeating old ideas in the most half-hearted way possible. The only thing I enjoyed during this cancerous hype cycle was making fun of DOA and seeing how many Tekken fans actually cared.

Not to mention, I can't trust Murray to run a damn lemonade stand.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
What is it with people wanting any project Shimbori is on to fail? lol.

When a 3D fighter succeeds, it may motivate the others to step up.
If this were any other fighting game (especially Virtua Fighter), I'd want him to succeed... unfortunately, not even Shimbori's involvement will ever make me want to play Tekken.

But hey, I'm just your average curmudgeon. Who am I to judge?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Because Harada and Shimbori are both cowards. They burn bridges they should stand on, and are repeating old ideas in the most half-hearted way possible. The only thing I enjoyed during this cancerous hype cycle was making fun of DOA and seeing how many Tekken fans actually cared.

Not to mention, I can't trust Murray to run a damn lemonade stand.
I don't see any cowardice, Shimbori left DOA and TN since it was already on a downwards spiral with DOA6 with the DLC practices and the hair color changes and other things that needed an evaluation and change and he was basically blamed for it. At Namco he can at least have a fresh start that they can try, I'm sure they'll know what to do now going forward since the stakes with Tekken 8 are going to be higher now

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Yeah, no. I want this game to fail. And hard.
FwTeG1EWwAIjHiO.jpg

TheHunterKiller692

If this were any other fighting game (especially Virtua Fighter), I'd want him to succeed... unfortunately, not even Shimbori's involvement will ever make me want to play Tekken.
I got your back on this. Like I said, this PR fiasco lies at Bandai Namco's feet. And Harada doesn't really take kindly to anyone who disagrees with him. I was on better terms with Ed Boon on MK1 because Boon was transparent. SF6 and Tekken 8, tho, not so much.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I got your back on this. Like I said, this PR fiasco lies at Bandai Namco's feet. And Harada doesn't really take kindly to anyone who disagrees with him. I was on better terms with Ed Boon on MK1 because Boon was transparent. SF6 and Tekken 8, tho, not so much.
If this is about the "Don't Ask Me for Shit" mantra, the meme was taken out of context, and Harada rolled with it to out-troll the actual trolls who wanted to get a response out of him.

Even with my personal bias against Tekken, I'm willing to admit that Harada's definitely no Hideki Kamiya.

TheHunterKiller692

If this is about the "Don't Ask Me for Shit" mantra, the meme was taken out of context. Even with my personal bias against Tekken, I'm willing to admit that Harada's definitely no Hideki Kamiya.
I mean, I don't hate the guy, but I sure as hell don't think he's clicking with me. Besides, if I wanna play DOA, I'd just play DOA. Tekken shouldn't have to copy stuff from DOA just to appeal to some sort of phantom customer.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
Depending on who you ask it's either copying soul calibur or doa which people can never make up thier mind on which lol.
The game did sell 10 million so it's working even if people don't agree with it. "which they don't"

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
If this were any other fighting game (especially Virtua Fighter), I'd want him to succeed...

Not sure why Tekken has to be the exception though. I firmly believe that you don't have to play Tekken to appreciate the 3D fighting genre as a whole, heck I don't play it either and yet I still appreciate the journey those guys went through. Is there some weird prideful competition going on success? or is there sheer bias to where one must expect Tekken to only obtain the bronze medal? (What's this? Tekken going gold and 1st place vs the other 3Ds? blasphemy. Rigged. They are not allowed. Impossible.)

Tekken succeeding can help the other ones to step up (or to keep the genre alive that is). Even Harada has made posts in the past that he did genuinely enjoy DOA when he was playing it with Greg (Gill Hustle) but yet the small minority of the community brushes it off as "Harada is trolling. He's probably making fun of DOA on the low and Greg doesn't realize it" so they create this weird obsession for DOA to be on this holy grail that this is the only 3D fighter that should be praised and nothing else and excluded from negative feedback.

Aside from that, I'm extremely glad the Itagaki era is over because that man was part of the reason why they molded this Anti-Tekken movement when he hasn't done a fighting game in years anymore. Maybe now we can finally get the 3D fighters to work together more, share knowledge to keep afloat, make 3D fighter events more of a thing etc. If there's one other thing that I do appreciate Shimbori for, is that he appreciates every other fighting games. Especially 3D fighters.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I think each 3D fighter has their fans who are firmly entrenched in it and think what they play is the best over the competition. The VF playerbase I hang with, they all think their game is as deep as the marianna trench. Tekken has the same aura of conceit.

I don't have an issue with this. It's the whole "I don't like x series, so I want it to be a terrible game to destroy the series" that's weird. I like having more options to choose from. We need more good 3D fighters, not less of them. You just sound like a bitter scorned lover otherwise, which I do understand the sentiment with the Shimbori news. I love DOA but I love fighting games in general more, so I want every one of them to be great.

It's totally fair if you don't like Tekken though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD