Tekken

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
New avatar for @UpSideDownGRUNT until further notice.

5f95fe294a9f46f066653414ed693f8555f6e9add66793deceb667fa1bf395de.png

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
New avatar for @UpSideDownGRUNT until further notice.

5f95fe294a9f46f066653414ed693f8555f6e9add66793deceb667fa1bf395de.png
I'm so in awe of how far Lili has came since T7... the fact they're actually making her hair able to go over the shoulders now, gave her the CG sidelocks and how her bangs moves realistically now instead of like a helmet is ♡

ezgif.com-optimize-5ae8b8e23c496ab1b.gif

Lili literally looks like Ps3 model in comparison to Tekken 8 xD DOA6 looks great but if they ever make a new title Tekken is hands down gonna give them a run for their money this era

TheHunterKiller692

With Tag 2 coming out, you really might want to get in with the cool kids and have fun punching a fucking bear in the face or shooting lazer beams through killer robots and giant fire breathing demons from outer space or grandpas who can survive giant explosions or a wrestler wearing a jaguar mask that throws you around like a hula hoop.
Damn, this post aged like milk.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That's because they actually put the budget to good use this time.
Oh watch out about DP(double posting) but yeah I agree xD the thing with the T7 game is that they basically reused the face and hair assets from TTT2 and TR and called it a day, and they also went the easy route and used a single body model for all the characters in T7 bar different proportion scales and added textures like body hair or the occasional tattoo or scar. Same with the girls, they used one standard body model for them all but with tweaks to the chest, thighs, etc. to make them different a bit

I won't knock them for that since DOA5 did the same as well but at least in DOA6 they gave all the guys different bodies and the girls at least have enough different meshes(curvy, slim, petite, curvy and petite) to make them different. I think SF6 definitely made them push their pen since just about all the characters now have different builds. The girls we'll have to see tho if they get body baring custom options to see how different their scales are tho since for the most part they're all covered enough to not be easy to gauge

I like Zafina cuz she's unique.

Unless you basically have a combo guide on your lap, I suppose.
I kinda disagree, at least in Tekken 7 since Zafina is a really good character this time around, maybe even a bit too good xD I feel they're gonna mellow her and Julia out in T8 since it seems they're taking out some stuff like the effectiveness of low launchers and attacks that used to give clean knockdown or launches, like Lili's ff3 doesn't seem to cause a backwards fall launch anymore on NH anymore

UpSideDownGRUNT

apparently they started everything from scratch pretty much so everyone has new everything
obviously there is still a lot of legacy animations but this is the first time since 4 that they are completely overhauling everything

everything

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
apparently they started everything from scratch pretty much so everyone has new everything
obviously there is still a lot of legacy animations but this is the first time since 4 that they are completely overhauling everything

everything

Which means that there will likely not be another mainstay game for five or six years after release. Probably 8 and another Tag planned for all the rehauled looks and animations.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I mean probably not, Tekken 7 is still going strong with TWT a game from 2015 and ARIKA are helping with both T7 and T8 so there's a chance we'll get one more big patch for Tekken 7 before Tekken 8 comes out next year. So it's not unthinkable to believe Tekken 8 will also last this whole console generation and maybe even longer thanks to season passes and post launch DLC/updates in general.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I beg to differ. This shit better have a beta or it's dead on arrival, on God.
How so? I think the game will get the needed adjustments with the various vendors getting access to it. I'm hoping we'll get an open beta tho for everyone and not just specific YTers or players getting access since I don't want to have to watch Avoiding the Puddle or Lucky Evee since I prefer learning stuff myself xD They definitely do need to adjust it a bit since the heat imo is too constant and the constant rush in from the hits gets old after a while, especially since it seems pointless to be an option unless not doing it offers some other incentive

I'm hoping for a T6 or VF5US style customization mode and I hope we'll get the older costumes back but in the new assets and not reused. I would love to use Lili in her classic white dress with her new overhauled hairstyle

TheHunterKiller692

They definitely do need to adjust it a bit since the heat imo is too constant and the constant rush in from the hits gets old after a while, especially since it seems too pointless to be an option unless not doing it offers other incentives.
Combine this with shit matchmaking, zero anti-cheat and Harada stonewalling and it's gonna be a complete disaster.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD