Tekken

UpSideDownGRUNT

1680806038701.png

Assuming they are going for a 34-36 character roster for launch this is pretty much what I would say is the perfect launch roster obviously this doesn't include potential new characters but just basing on legacy characters and T7 characters I feel this would be perfect.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
View attachment 37869
Assuming they are going for a 34-36 character roster for launch this is pretty much what I would say is the perfect launch roster obviously this doesn't include potential new characters but just basing on legacy characters and T7 characters I feel this would be perfect.
Tbh I think Zafina is gonna bump off a raven or Bruce. Master raven and Raven I feel they'll try compromise somehow too but I don't think Bruce will beat out a Zafina since her story they gave a look at from her T7 version is too big not to let her return. Those are the only two characters I don't see returning at all tho unless via dlc which we know they'll likely do. They may even make them free since KOF XV has done that and it's been well received

UpSideDownGRUNT

Considering we didn't get a trailer last week I think they're done with the 1 per week trailer thing, now that could also because we got 2 trailers the weekend before but I don't know I kinda feel like we won't be seeing any more trailers until the next event now.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Considering we didn't get a trailer last week I think they're done with the 1 per week trailer thing, now that could also because we got 2 trailers the weekend before but I don't know I kinda feel like we won't be seeing any more trailers until the next event now.
I bet they're waiting for the right time to unveil the blonde queen of Tekken 8 xD alot of her fans including myself on Twitter are legit making her trend in excitement for how she ruined Asukas life ♡

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lili looks SO GOODT! Her hair is so much longer and looks and moves like water... AND she has sidelocks like her CGs that sit on her chest and her hime locks are blunter!!♡♡ Her outfit is way better than T7 too, way cuter and I lover her updated voice lines now, she's definitely the queen of all the girls now xD

It's too much to process atm but I'm so happy she's in... omg, she looks so beautiful! And she has a cat named Salt?? She is so damn petty because that's what's everyone will be feeling facing her xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So ready for release already... Now all I need is Claudio, Anna, and maybe a new guy or girl and maybe Fahk and I'll be good, I downloaded the trailer already just so I can study what she's got now xD from what I see it looks like they brought back her one OG dew glide punch attack and it seems like they redid a few animation, like her Cancer Une Deux move looks different and her Heliotrope also looks different too.

I imagine for the ballerina attacks they added they borrowed some from Amy in SC and refined it for Lili which I always thought they should do since their styles are very similar. Lili looks like she's gonna be a problem in T8 and I'm all for it♡

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
At least she looks way better than her 7 model. I still need Julia (or if the team decides to finally bring back Michelle out of retirement).
I can't see Michelle since she really has no point to fight anymore, but Julia I know will return. Her redesign in T7 and her popularity definitely showed Harada she was a mainstay that needed to return.

I can see her making the base roster since she's a vet, Lidia and Kuni I definitely know will be base too since they were popular and Anna too, they'll have room since Noctis, Akuma(likely), Geese, and Negan won't likely return and I think all the current fighters are past the guest characters phase from years ago. The way I see it, if SF isn't gonna make a guest rep from Tekken, Tekken doesn't need to either. Guests imo should be for DLC rather than in the cast so we can have more veterans return

Derock

I can't see Michelle since she really has no point to fight anymore, but Julia I know will return. Her redesign in T7 and her popularity definitely showed Harada she was a mainstay that needed to return.

I can see her making the base roster since she's a vet, Lidia and Kuni I definitely know will be base too since they were popular and Anna too, they'll have room since Noctis, Akuma(likely), Geese, and Negan won't likely return and I think all the current fighters are past the guest characters phase from years ago. The way I see it, if SF isn't gonna make a guest rep from Tekken, Tekken doesn't need to either. Guests imo should be for DLC rather than in the cast so we can have more veterans return

You can repurpose a character for refinement. Look at Street Fighter V did with Karin and R. Mika. Karin was mentioned before returning and appeared in spin-offs. R. Mika was left out completely since her only appearance was Alpha 3. Hell, Soul Calibur 6 did it with bringing back Hwang out of "retirement" when everyone thought Yun-seong was coming. Although Hwang did appeared as an NPC in Mi-na's story, there was about 25% chance of him returning as a playable character in the fans' mindsets and lo and behold, he returned.

The reason we need to bring Michelle back to the canon because Harada didn't provide any info on what had happened to her after Tekken 3 or confirmed if Julia's ending in 3 is indeed canon to be even declared Michelle officially retired of fighting/participating further the King of Iron Fist tournaments, unlike the other off-springs' stories like King II and recently, Kunimitsu (which had pissed off some of her fans). Even though Julia could or could not (God I hope not because if there's no Chang appearing on the base roster again...) appear again to stay or further refine a character (her Jaycee alter ego now canonized from Tag 2), there is a chance for Michelle's return. What if Julia suddenly get kidnapped or held hostage again (like in Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign mode as she, along with Lei and Zafina, whom weren't Lars' opponents)? That could ignite Michelle's purpose to return. And I know that would spark Ganryu's interests... again for comedic scenarios.

As for guests, we may get one, as long they actually fit, unlike Noctis and Negan. I know Harada did want a Virtua Fighter guest (Lau) at the time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD