Derock

Until Julia or Michelle appears, I'll be sticking to the secondaries:

1) Asuka
2) Jun
3) Nina
4) Law
5) Jin
6) Kazuya

I will test out the new characters, probably Reina.

CFW

Jun, Leo, and Reina if I like her enough.

Jun was very fun to play in the CBT so I'm curious about any changes for the retail version. Irks me bad I've barely seen anything for Leo, but I guess I can wait 3 more weeks... :(

I wish the tekken team posted match videos between the developers at least. Nothing fancy just one match a week or every couple of days between random characters.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Im just ready for the game to drop so I can see the story, it looks like Lili will have a bigger role since she was standing alongside Lee and I think even Reina in the story trailer so I'm glad she'll have the potential to be main girl status. I also hope Claudio will have a major role too since I'm gonna get with a Tekken 8 modder so I can provide his lines and voice in English in the game xD it'll be a useful way to get a pitch in for voice acting

I also can't wait to hear the rest of tracks in the game(ideally midnight seige final round) since I think this is definitely the hardest soundtrack Tekken has had since TTT and the T5 era, the tracks are all well made and seem kinda darker in a more bleak way which I think suits the setting nicely.

The soundtrack honestly must have also been with Shimbori's influence as well since it really gives me DOA6 vibes since the tracks in both games aren't super lengthy but they have a good structure and a main melody that sets the atmosphere perfectly. The new KO animations they added also definitely are great. It's gonna be so funny watching people get triggered when their mains get low punch jabbed and they dramatically fall to their knees xD

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Unusual we didn't get a new trailer today...wanted to see Zafina.

Also my biggest gripe is the audio quality itself, especially with the way blocked sound effects are. It sounds awful. I agree the music so far is really good though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Unusual we didn't get a new trailer today...wanted to see Zafina.

Also my biggest gripe is the audio quality itself, especially with the way blocked sound effects are. It sounds awful. I agree the music so far is really good though.
I think the overall sound effects are my least favorite part of tekken 8, the hits don't sound like they have much impact and sound artificial. One thing I wish they could have taken from DOA, MK, or even VF is having impacting sounds that mean something and really seem immersive but they don't really have that. It's mainly the new KO animations that give me that vibe

I think they're going to change their method of trailers since it's only three weeks till the game drops. I can see them maybe dropping something by the end of the week or maybe dropping multiple since Zafina is who we all really want to see. Idk if anyone cares about the others at this point.

A teaser soon about the first DLC character would be cool too, as long as it's not the irrelevant boring characters like Miguel, Gigas or Josie who have no further plot importance. I expect hopefully maybe a new character, Bruce, Fahk, or someone else who's popular and can help contribute to the story

Reactions: Rob

Kasumi-Phase-X

Heres something to laugh at relating to Tekken & character who isn't involve that would give people reasons to say stupid stuff to developers which is Eddy Gordo. Did you know that not revealing Eddy equals that Katsuhiro Harada is racist:

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I think Harada really just wanted to say "Leroy and Raven will kick your ass" lol. ("That's a zinger, that'll get em!")

Kasumi-Phase-X

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Lili's outfits in the demo besides the bewitched outfit and the purple alternative recolor imo aren't great choices for her. I hated her Tekken 7 default, I wish they would have just chose her normal white and red T5 dress but I think they'll add that in later as DLC or a hidden unlockable

20240104_213128.png

This one(although I don't think it's an actual costume slot, it's just her default in a separated format for custom costumes since I guess the dress isn't fully able to be used) I have a soft spot for since I love the shorts and boots by themselves, the top tho not feeling so much since its like the summer lesson basic uniform in T7

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What didn't you like about her default T7 outfit?
I didn't like the stockings much since I felt the dress would have been better if they just made the stockings like Amy's in SC4 where they weren't full and if she had bloomers underneath. I also didn't like the boots much since they seemed kinda clunky, her T8 outfit imo is what her T7 one should have been imo since it looks better visually in motion. Her T7 one imo isn't great in motion at all xD

Kodachi

Standard Donor
So much respect for Harada defending his baby.
I’m very impressed with this game idk what type of sauce Shimbori-san was cooking with but the presentation and mechanics are on a whole nother level this time around.
From the Demo I enjoy playing as Jin but I got my eyes on Reina (sorry Ayane) I’m hoping the story mode does her justice! I can see my self with several mains this time around as I await Julia’s Return…

speaking of JC Harada wants to hear from indigenous and Native American people about what is appropriate in todays age of cultural accuracy in media if anyone eligible can sound off by all means because I wasn’t a fan of her Influencer phase in Tekken 7 it didnt feel authentic but at the same time I adore her alter lucha libre alter ego Jaycee.

Last edited:

Derock

speaking of JC Harada wants to hear from indigenous and Native American people about what is appropriate in todays age of cultural accuracy in media if anyone eligible can sound off by all means because I wasn’t a fan of her Influencer phase in Tekken 7 it didnt feel authentic but at the same time I adore her alter lucha libre alter ego Jaycee.

As I have Native American blood in me, here are my 2 cents:

Both Michelle and Julia are not nearly as stereotypical (unlike others like T.Hawk, although he's Mexican, and Nightwolf), although the former was because many critics thought Michelle was "the fighting Pocahontas". But she stood out to me because she was also biracial, representing the mixing pot of the US. I would say both characters had simple designs and not overboard such as giving the girls' war paint. Going to simplicity, with the turquoise jewelry/pendant shown on Julia, works. Or looking at Julia's Tekken 4 Costume 1. While both Changs can be customize with the war paint and headdress starting in 5, I tend to avoid those items because their designs can go overboard and bring forth stereotypes. I noticed I had a talk with one of the members here stated the team couldn't stay consistent with Michelle's skin tone which was started in Tekken 2 (light-skinned in game but have tones in CGI model and rendering artwork) and then Julia, herself, followed soon after in later games. That needs to be fixed soon...

JayCee moves need to be merged with Julia though, give her stances.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm part native American on my mother's side and tbh I don't think there's anything wrong with Julia and Michelle's designs since they always had that native American element to their design which I liked, I think the feather jewelry, headbands, braids or twin braids, and the more western take on their designs with the jeans and animal print in some occasions was OK. They always seemed to have a good balance between casual and street with the jeans and cowboy boots paired with the native accessories.

The customization with the war paint and headdresses imo was beautiful and I think it was very good for them and I don't see it leading to stereotypes at all, with characters like Miguel who was blatantly dressed as a bull fighter in Tekken 6, and with how Tekken has always included cultural or fitting items for characters(Ethnic hair and clothes for christie/Eddy, second hand and used clothes for Law, etc.), I don't think it did anything negative to their design at all, but the devs could definitely expand on that and offer more types of customization since native Americans are more than just that, especially with Julia being a researcher and streamer now.

Only thing I hope is that if they are going to refine Julia, make her new influencer persona more authentic and mesh well since in Tekken 7 it seemed kinda odd since before, Julia has always been more quiet and reserved and focused on her research and reforestation. Now in T7, she's almost a completely different character with how outgoing she is and the streaming antics just seem kinda cringe and out of character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD