Tekken

Derock

Honestly from that tweet, don't know why people want those looks to be remade when 1) Kazuya's Purple suit is actually easier to make with customized outfits with the color edits and 2) Jun's player 2 outfit from Tekken 2 is already in the game, only difference is that she has different shoes on instead of white socks and Mary Janes. But then again, they had remade King 1's 2nd outfit for King II. You might as well remake Nina's Tekken 2 Player 1 outfit, to bring back her sex appeal she had back then. Now, I rather not bring back Anna's old look because her 5-TT2 outfit was already upgraded from that. Same thing with Julia, because hers is the same situation as Anna's: updated from Tekken 3 when 5 came out. Only difference is her hair is longer. It would be pointless bring back those type of outfits to look exactly like they did in PS1 era because most of those outfits were already updated when 5 came out for majority of the cast, sans Yoshimitsu and Xiaoyu.

Honestly from that tweet, don't know why people want those looks to be remade when 1) Kazuya's Purple suit is actually easier to make with customized outfits with the color edits and 2) Jun's player 2 outfit from Tekken 2 is already in the game, only difference is that she has different shoes on instead of white socks and Mary Janes. But then again, they had remade King 1's 2nd outfit for King II. You might as well remake Nina's Tekken 2 Player 1 outfit, to bring back her sex appeal she had back then. Now, I rather not bring back Anna's old look because her 5-TT2 outfit was already upgraded from that. Same thing with Julia, because hers is the same situation as Anna's: updated from Tekken 3 when 5 came out. Only difference is her hair is longer. It would be pointless bring back those type of outfits to look exactly like they did in PS1 era because most of those outfits were already updated when 5 came out for majority of the cast, sans Yoshimitsu and Xiaoyu.
Yeah, I guess so.

Speaking of Anna, I really wanna know how she'll fit in T8 lore against her big sister since her love interest was murdered before she was about to marry him prior to the events of T7. Should be interesting. Also, I wanna see what extra costumes she'll have as well.

UpSideDownGRUNT

My favorite part of the tekken talk was when explaining why it's $4 they mentioned its because its remade from the ground up and not just ported from previous games when the Jin and Xiaoyu costumes are literally straightway just ported from Tekken 7 you can tell very easily because everything is weirdly shiny like it's metallic or made from satin. Just like Tekken 7 costumes do.

I wouldn't be surprised if the T6 Kaz and Tag 2 Jun are also reused assets as Raven's T6 ninja costumes is old assets reused as well.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
@KasumiLover I demand to see the full outfit of your Lili profile pic now!
20240223141214_1.jpg

Milky pink and off white with an added bow and two tone makeup

So, any list of costumes from past Tekken entries you guys would like to see added to T8 through the Tekken Shop? Here's some of mine for now:

Lee's T4 1P costume (Blue frilled blouse and leather pants)
Lili's T5-TTT2 1P costume
Asuka's T5-TTT2 1P costume (Blue sleeveless jumpsuit) and school uniform from T5-T7
Zafina's T6 1P costume
Xiaoyu's school uniform from TTT2 and T7
Anna's T3-TTT1 3P costume or her T5 3P costume (As long as she's DLC, after S1 which looks very likely)

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

God when Harada talks I can barely stomach it. His recent tweet defending his crap DLC is the dumbest thing I’ve read and he starts off with “development costs are ten times that of Tekken 7.” So are the profits, stupid! This is the same jackoff that sold people frame data!

TheHunterKiller692

Honestly from that tweet, don't know why people want those looks to be remade when 1) Kazuya's Purple suit is actually easier to make with customized outfits with the color edits and 2) Jun's player 2 outfit from Tekken 2 is already in the game, only difference is that she has different shoes on instead of white socks and Mary Janes.
Nostalgia. Simple as that, especially when Harada's too lazy to go back and use the updated designs you mentioned.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
My favorite part of the tekken talk was when explaining why it's $4 they mentioned its because its remade from the ground up and not just ported from previous games when the Jin and Xiaoyu costumes are literally straightway just ported from Tekken 7 you can tell very easily because everything is weirdly shiny like it's metallic or made from satin. Just like Tekken 7 costumes do.

I wouldn't be surprised if the T6 Kaz and Tag 2 Jun are also reused assets as Raven's T6 ninja costumes is old assets reused as well.
Tbh, I think it's fair since the costumes did receive somewhat improved visuals if you look closely, it's not fully remade but they amped up the textures like DOA6 did and I can tell with Xiaoyu's twin tails in the T4 set that they definitely did remake that hairstyle, her reused TTT2 twintails were shorter and looked aged but they definitely did a good job remaking them. The outfits I think they want to make us think they remade which could fool some players since it was ps4 exclusive for the longest time.

Idc much for the legacy costumes shown atm(besides Xiaoyu's remade twintails) but I really hope they'll bring back Lili's white dress soon, that's always been my favorite look for her. I also would love if maybe they remade how her old hairstyle used to be in T5DR Resurrection since although her added sidelocks from her CG art are a plus for her hime cut in game, it would be nice to have the option to use her old hairstyle where the sidelocks were omitted since they do clip in alot of her options that have layers on the upper part of her custom tops, in those cases I wouldn't mind them removing her locks since her hair is thick enough now to not need them.

They also need to remake Lili's old hairstyle options from T5DR and Tekken 6, I love her hair down but sometimes I wouldn't mind the option for her shorter side braid with the shorter sidelocks, her pinned up hair with the parted bang or even her short hair with the flower.

They should definitely invest and remake their assets before players(like me) learn to import them ourselves and mod them in, because it's funny they're trying to DCMA players and modders on Twitter for posting pics of their mod work but they're not doing anything to justify it like actually putting it in the game. I'll probably have 10+ hairstyles for Lili modded in before they even attempt to make an official one for her at this point and I haven't even fully mastered Tekken 8 modding yet

Speaking of which, going by the datamined Season 1 DLC (Eddy, Lidia, Marduk, and Fahk), I wonder how they're gonna pull off the other two characters special dialogue-wise since it's most likely gonna be Kazuya and Jin for Eddy and King II for Marduk. I'm guessing that Kazuya will be one of the characters that Lidia will have against seeing that Kazuya killed Heihachi for good at the end of T7. Also, Lidia vs. Nina as well since Nina sided with G Corp this time around.

Also, Xiaoyu could use a hair down customization option as well. The last time we saw her with her hair down was in Tekken: Blood Vengeance but yeah, that needs to be added to T8.

I wonder how popular Marduk will be character usage wise this time since he really wasn't that unpopular to most of the players in T7 I think. I'm sure that it won't be any different this time either.

Last edited:
Let's just say people who were Bruce mains in T5 and 6 are already flipping shit. I send them my condolences.
Yup. After seeing one of the datamined leaks for Season 1 for T8, the writing is definitely on the wall for Bruce after T6. But hey, at least there's Fahkumram though. So, similar playstyle either way.

Just found out that Game Generations released figures for both Heihachi, Kazuya (in his usual shirtless gi costume), and Jin (in his default shirtless gi costume from T8) recently so there's that as well. Dunno about the quality of those figurines though.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

Just found out that Game Generations released figures for both Heihachi, Kazuya (in his usual shirtless gi costume), and Jin (in his default shirtless gi costume from T8) recently so there's that as well. Dunno about the quality of those figurines, though.
They have one for King, as well. That, and there's a Xiaoyu Nendoroid (Any bets on more Tekken character nendoroids?) in the pipeline.

They have one for King, as well. That, and there's a Xiaoyu Nendoroid (Any bets on more Tekken character nendoroids?) in the pipeline.
Yeah, just found that as well. Also, I misworded it previously. It's Game Dimensions, not Game Generations. My bad.

Also, hoping for more Tekken 8 related figures from them including the future DLC characters as well. Maybe one of Eddy and Fahkumram? :D

Wonder if that store will eat into Capcom's profits merchandise wise, though I want both games to succeed in general since they're currently two of the big dogs in the fighting game world both 2D and 3D respectively. Nonetheless, hoping it does well.

TheHunterKiller692

I misworded it previously. It's Game Dimensions, not Game Generations. My bad.

Also, hoping for more Tekken 8 related figures from them including the future DLC characters as well. Maybe one of Eddy and Fahkumram? :D
Don't sweat it, kiddo. Bamco are willing to make as many as they need to.
Wonder if that store will eat into Capcom's profits merchandise-wise.
I won't be surprised if it doesn't, but here's the thing: I'd like any company to just throw Capcom into the pit, financially. For far too long, Capcom have been screwing around when it mattered and newer kids on the block need their fair share of recognition, especially DOA and 2XKO. VF I'm a little iffy on, due to Sega's brand optics sucking a bag of dicks, but I'm not bullish on Bamco, either. (Oh, and have I told you that people are already reporting on how dogshit the "rollback" netcode is in T8?)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD