Texture Editing (PC)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hmm still tweaking. This time I have the DOA3 stage running along side me.
2015-04-17_00003.jpg
2015-04-17_00007.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There's a lot of technical dribble over there. It started probably with Vanilla and a fair amount has changed since then, BUT that is the most consolidated spot, to my knowledge. If it helps I could probably answer a lot of questions here, that you might have for that site if you have trouble finding something.

Have they figured out how to export to Maya yet?

The Enforcer

Why not just rename it to "Modding"

It may not be a bad idea to have a separate thread for the type/ style of modding. This thread is already 50 pages of texture based stuff. Mesh modding or swapping, or likely the two other leading types, unless it was Character mods / Stage mods / Audio mods, etc.

Have they figured out how to export to Maya yet?
Not that I'm aware of, and you may want to brace yourself for using 3dsmax. ;) Tools / utils pop up all based on the language / scripts that the author is most familiar with, and for importing DOA it seems to be 3dsmax. Once that happens though someone may figure out how to translate 3dsmax into maya, unless either already support the opposite format... I don't know Maya at all. 3dsmax, python seem to be most of the leading code sources for DOA modding.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It may not be a bad idea to have a separate thread for the type/ style of modding. This thread is already 50 pages of texture based stuff. Mesh modding or swapping, or likely the two other leading types, unless it was Character mods / Stage mods / Audio mods, etc.

Not that I'm aware of, and you may want to brace yourself for using 3dsmax. ;) Tools / utils pop up all based on the language / scripts that the author is most familiar with, and for importing DOA it seems to be 3dsmax. Once that happens though someone may figure out how to translate 3dsmax into maya, unless either already support the opposite format... I don't know Maya at all. 3dsmax, python seem to be most of the leading code sources for DOA modding.

Max/Maya are the same company.

I noticed that when I looked it up. 3dsmax used to be owned by discreet, I thought. I wasn't very active with 3D stuff, so I was oblivious to that transition whenever it occurred.
Autodesk is horrible, they bought up as much of the 3d industry as they could just so they could terminate development on as many competitors as possible. They bought softimage which team ninja and many japanese developers use and then killed it. 3dsmax is likely next on the Autodesk chopping block.
There's no point being emotional about 3d packages though, it's best to just use what ever is the best for each task at the time.

The Enforcer

"Takes requests" eh? I wonder if she'll mod Ayane's C3 color scheme to be kinda like phantom butterfly for me. :D

With some patience, we'll eventually get the Ninja Gaiden working in the game, hopefully. It's going to take rebuilding the file into PC format. It worked on console, so it'll just take some time to get the actual one working.

probably. it's the one from kasumi's story mode

some alternate hairstyles for marie rose:

I think DOA Muramasa is different than NG3 Muramasa.

Did you scale the hair size down? I wouldn't think Kasumi's head size would match.

Seppu

I think DOA Muramasa is different than NG3 Muramasa.

Did you scale the hair size down? I wouldn't think Kasumi's head size would match.
i didn't scale them down, i only trimmed the ponytail and altered the colours. you're right though, kasumi's hair does make marie's head look a little bigger, but the empty space is only really noticeable when looking from a low angle
How you do it ? :O i like it!
until the right tools are released, options are still fairly limited. currently i'm using the dlc tool to create additional costume slots, meaning the hairstyles are specifically for those new costumes only, and umod to change the colour of kasumi's hair

ChrisArmoun

As long as I can get a format workable in zBrush I'll be happy. All I want to focus on is textures, mesh edits, and prop swaps (i.e, hairstyles). There's so much that can be done there that I'll gladly leave other project such as creating unique content to someone else.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD