Texture Editing (PC)

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I've repacked a couple of my mods into one DLC file, and also found a way to remove the skirt for the purple outfit for Momiji while keeping the skirt on the original.

f91bbdfed0.jpg
very well done, I like that she retains her fundoshi also :3

Kronin

@gamemaster14 @The Enforcer

Gamemaster14 even if I don't use them I found the tools about you were talking on external forums, however I'm not completely sure if such files are allowed to be posted here: if the moderators think that such contents go against the rules of the forum be free to edit/delete the post.

I report the exact post:

DOA5LRARCHIVARIUS
Data unpacker for DOA5LR. Works for DLC and generic game files. Must install Python to use!
http://a.pomf.se/wgjkeb.7z

DLC TOOL
This is used for repacking extracted TMC etc. files into faux DLC packs. Needs .Net framework and the UI fucks up at higher monitor DPi so set it to normal if you can't see buttons like "Add"!
http://a.pomf.se/ubbjmz.7z

TEXTURE TOOL

Lets you swap textures or extract them for modding from TMC files.
http://a.pomf.se/jlyufk.7z

DOA5PCTOOLS
Plugin for Noesis, a program that will let you view the models from their TMC files. So you're not going in blind. It will also let you export to formats compatible with modeling programs!
http://a.pomf.se/bsrkug.7z

Also I don't know how to use them, so I've no tutorial only the download links.

EDIT: I just found a sort of tutorial, credit goes to the user bbb from zetaboards

I started off by running the doa5LRarchivarius. I clicked open bin/ink and chose the chara_common.bin file in doa's main directory. I then proceeded to extract her costume 9 files which is 011 by file name. I extracted all the files that were 011

QMaJqqi.jpg

I then ran the texture tool opening the HITOMI_COS_011.TMC file, and proceeded to extract, edit and re inject my textures, then clicked save. I repeated this again for another costume. I then renamed all the 011 files to 043 and 044.

3POt7BH.jpg

I then ran the DLC tool. I clicked the new button, and it asked me for a bcm file, i copied your swimwear folder and renamed it all to 420693 and chose the bcm from that. I then clicked the add button under characters and added hitomi twice. I then clicked the add button under hairstyles giving her up to D. I clicked on each hair style and typed a hair number for each of them giving her her main 3, plus the bandana hair. in character slot, I typed 38 for the first one, and 39 for the second one since in your swimwear pack, your hitomi ended with 37. Then under files, I clicked add and chose all the renamed files for both costumes and clicked save.

iG8MKgx.jpg

tlmKrvJ.jpg

that created a 420693 folder within the 420693 folder, so I just cut that folder, and pasted it in the DLC folder.

ran the game and it worked but was missing icons which is seen in the pictures robhal posted. I am assuming there is another file I am supposed to copy and add to the custom DLC, but having no luck finding it.

This is the final outcome:

6FUQiba.jpg

QQxcjA3.jpg

other issues I have encountered is that when I try to open the underwear options for the costumes, the save button is greyed out and unable to save my changes

DvO8fpa.jpg

also, despite adding in the underwear option files in the dlc, the detail is still crossed out in the select screen.

another issue I have encountered is an error trying to re inject something into chara_common.bin with doa5LRarchivarius. I wanted to change some hair colours, so I extracted the hair files, edited them and injected them with the texture tool, but when trying to inject it back in chara_common.bin with doa5LRarchivarius, I get this error message

0DSsrqw.jpg

I am uncertain which files its referring to. This error message only comes up with certain things in the chara_common.bin. the ones that don't get that message gives me the option to choose something to inject and gives me this pop up when choosing a file

Aiqfzs0.jpg

I cant locate the files its telling me to back up, but I just click yes anyways and the doa5LRarchivarius just closes without doing any change.

This last one isn't an issue, but a curiosity. since there were dlc characters for doau, would it be possible to add faux dlc characters? my original idea of my mod was not to have it as a hitomi costume, but as her own separate character in the select screen with her own hair styles and what not.

Last edited:

The Enforcer

Good stuff, Kronin.
It's mind boggling how some of those utils have been so user friendly. :)

I'm not sure what the tolerance here is for tool sharing since some of it involves rewriting DLC packages, etc. Perhaps, @Mr. Wah could clarify if there's any guidelines. If everything is fair game and posted in the resource thread, I'll be sure to add it to the first post.

Kronin

Good stuff, Kronin.

If I'm able to use them (a person that made not working its game through SweetFx) then be sure that are the most user friendly possible :p

By the way I read the original thread where they were realized and this is truly thanks to people that learned the structure behind the game and later worked purposefully for creating tools for an easy application of them.

I'm not sure what the tolerance here is for tool sharing since some of it involves rewriting DLC packages, etc. Perhaps, @Mr. Wah could clarify if there's any guidelines. If everything is fair game and posted in the resource thread, I'll be sure to add it to the first post.

I agree, this is exactly the reason because I'm not so sure how much similar tools can be promoted or less (even in a context of FSD where nude mods are not shared) and so I posted everything with reserve.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Good stuff, Kronin.

I'm okay as long as the tools, and any original game content aren't on FSD's servers.

Leopold

OMG that was HILARIOUS!!

I don't think I'll be modding till is confirmed they will work with online. I honestly don't want to put a lot of effort and then finding out I can't use my mods because I'll get banned etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD