DOA5LR TGS interviews

Kronin

The only most popular male character that could be "resurrected" (and maybe this words could be just a pun) is Raidou or Bankotsubo (Genra and Shiden are not very popular, and let's put aside the absurd requests for Kelly or Kamui... -_-): considering how the moveset of Bankotsubo passed on Nyotengu and how TN favourited a post asking for the return of Raidou... there is really an high chance to see back Kasumi and Hayate's uncle ;)

PS: Anyway, it's also possible a character inheriting Raidou's moveset... but considering how TN never favourited the requests of Bankotsubo knowing to bring Nyotengu, maybe it's more likely to think about the original Raidou.

About the female character, apparently should be a new character however it's not clear if at least the interviewer (not Hayashi) was hinting to a character from another series as NG, DW or VF (at least for google translation). @Leifang2000 could you translate me literally what is said here, please?:

──「何か、ここスペースあんぞ?」みたいな(笑)。

早矢仕 もう言っちゃいましょう! 男女ひとりずつ、新キャラクターを制作中です。男性キャラクターはファンの皆さんに喜んでいただけると思いますし、女性キャラクターに関しても、ご期待ください、というデキです。

──過去のシリーズに出たことがあって、いまは出ていないキャラクターもいますが、そういう人かどうかは……?

早矢仕 それは秘密です! でも、女性キャラクターは……ここまで言っちゃっていいのかなぁ。

──お願いします!!!!!!

synce

So 99% chance of male character being Raidou. If Tengu didn't come back Genra's definitely coming back. I'm pretty sure they just don't want to create an entirely new body model for those huge characters. Great news if the new girl is actually new and not Irene or Niki

Oh and confirmation that the soft engine is just softer boobs.

Leifang2000

──「何か、ここスペースあんぞ?」みたいな(笑)。
(Referring to the new character box) What are those? (laugh)

早矢仕 もう言っちゃいましょう! 男女ひとりずつ、新キャラクターを制作中です。男性キャラクターはファンの皆さんに喜んでいただけると思いますし、女性キャラクターに関しても、ご期待ください、というデキです。
Hayashi: New Male and Female characters are being developed. About the Male character , everyone who is a fan will be happy with. And about the female character, please anticipate for her.

──過去のシリーズに出たことがあって、いまは出ていないキャラクターもいますが、そういう人かどうかは……?
Exist in the past of the series, but not right now. Is it that it is such a character...?

早矢仕 それは秘密です! でも、女性キャラクターは……ここまで言っちゃっていいのかなぁ。
Hayashi: That is a secret! However, the female character, can I come over there to say it?

──お願いします!!!!!!
PLEASE !!!!!!!

Kronin

Thanks @Leifang2000 but sorry, I forgot the last answer:

早矢仕 じゃあ、言います(笑)。女性のほうは復活キャラクターではなくて新規です。これが開発陣に評判がいいので、公開を楽しみにしていただければと思います。やわらかエンジンをフル活用していますので(笑)。

Leifang2000

Thanks @Leifang2000 but sorry, I forgot the last answer:

早矢仕 じゃあ、言います(笑)。女性のほうは復活キャラクターではなくて新規です。これが開発陣に評判がいいので、公開を楽しみにしていただければと思います。やわらかエンジンをフル活用していますので(笑)。
Female character is not a resurrected character. I think if the comment of her is good during development, we can happily expect her reveal. Since we make full use of the "soft engine" for her.

KwonJigglypuff

Hmmm... "full use" you say ?
Is she.. totally naked all the time or what ? Or does she have bigger breasts than Tina's ? oO

Kronin

And if she was the 3D transposition of Katsuragi from Senran Kagura? But why to not use the main character Asuka (she has black hair)? Maybe because Katsuragi is the most popular one in Japan?

Senran-Kagura.Katsuragi-Lenovo-K800-wallpaper.720x1280.jpg

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
And if she was the 3D transposition of Katsuragi from Senran Kagura? But why to not use the main character Asuka (she has black hair)? Maybe because Katsuragi is the most popular one in Japan?

Senran-Kagura.Katsuragi-Lenovo-K800-wallpaper.720x1280.jpg
This would be perfect! she already fights with marital arts so it would be an easy transition.

Kronin

This would be perfect! she already fights with marital arts so it would be an easy transition.

It's possilbe that in Japan a guest from Senran Kagura can be already easy to foreshadow, so for this reason the interviewer asked what was the hair color of the girl: in this way could be simple to get a sure, even if indirect, confirmation of the character.

But like always mine it's just speculation.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
It's possilbe that in Japan a guest from Senran Kagura can be already easy to foreshadow, so for this reason the interviewer asked what was the hair color of the girl: in this way could be simple to get a sure, even if indirect, confirmation of the character.

But like always mine it's just speculation.
that makes so much more sense, the interviewer was talking about Asuka when they mentioned black hair.

KwonJigglypuff

Ohhhhh, that's why he asked about "black hair". So it can only be an already existing character, like a guest. So it's impossible to have an original DOA babe (Korean or anything).

Hmmmm... Senran Kagura, Dynasty Warriors, Virtua Fighter, Ninja Gaiden...

Number 13

To be clear on the popularity polls, Kats is usually ranked right in the middle or middle upper in the official Senran rankings.
UUbluvR.jpg

This recent one was for the recent SK2 release and is a smaller sample since it's still the two schools.
Edit

Kats is one of the Senrans that doesn't use use traditional weapons to fight. She isn't too popular like Yomi (Poverty Guts with cleavage and beanspout addiction) and Mirai (token gothic loli) tends to be, but she isn't sheerly unpopular like Daidouji (Rule 63 Jojo) either.

Last edited:

Kronin

To be clear on the popularity polls, Kats is usually ranked right in the middle or middle upper in the Senran rankings.
UUbluvR.jpg

This recent one was for the recent SK2 release and is a smaller sample since it's still the two schools.

So in the eventuality of a guest from Senran Kagura, do you think that Yomi would be the most likely one?

Number 13

So in the eventuality of a guest from Senran Kagura, do you think that Yomi would be the most likely one?
No she is a weapon user that is like something from Berserk. If a Senran is indeed playable it would probably be one who doesn't use weapons. Unless they do the Hayabusa treatment and for example create an unarmed fighting style for Asuka.

Edit
Poll listed I posted previously wasn't even the final results.
BxpwpjqCYAA9xnr.jpg

Yomi still shits on everyone since Burst even the main character.

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I'll list the martial artists in order of likelihood.
  1. Katsuragi
  2. Hibari
  3. Yozakura
  4. Haruka
  5. Daidouji
Katsuragi is the best choice because she's popular she's a main character, and has an upbeat likable personality she is also hilarious.

Last edited:

Blazeincarnated

Talking about breasts, then the new characters associated with those breasts, then explaining that if you buy a xbox one or PS4 the breasts will be superior, then dangerzone, then about skin looking good on the girls but also the guys.

Then more talking about breasts, then a video of danger zone which was purposely lost so they could put Hitomi in a losing pose.

There's the synopsis of this ridiculously Japanese interview.
*tries to read with straight face*

View attachment 7490

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD