The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
One of the most impressive next gen showings in the PS5 event was gameplay of the remake of Demon's Souls:

It's confirmed to run 60fps/4K.

Comparison to the PS3 original:

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Digital Foundry's reaction to the PS5 showcase:

They're in love of what they are seeing of Demon's Souls, lol.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

The character models of DMCV are some of the best of this generation. The models look much better in the in-game cutscenes than in actual gameplay, mostly because of improved lighting, but I assume this will have an end with the release of the PS5 remaster (there will also be a Series X/S remaster, but t will be lacking raytracing for the time being for whatever reason):

PS5 screenshot:

Devil-May-Cry-5-Special-Ediiton-Vergil.jpg

Video in which the visual enhancements are detailed:

Tyaren

Standard Donor

So I was right that the Xbox version of DOA6 was future-proof, because of its 4K resolution and uncapped framerate graphics mode. Unfortunately that also means I was right that DOA6 on PS5 will not be able to run at 4k/60fps for the simple reason that its graphics mode was for some reason capped at 1080p/60fps. Basically the exact same as its performance mode. Unless Team Ninja steps in and uncaps the resolution with a patch that version will stay gimped even on PS5.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Has anyone experienced issues trying to download Genshin Impact?

Been trying to download the PC version but assuming I'm having issues downloading it because of the influx of people downloading (maybe?). If the issues continues, I'll try to download the PS4 version.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Has anyone experienced issues trying to download Genshin Impact?

Been trying to download the PC version but assuming I'm having issues downloading it because of the influx of people downloading (maybe?). If the issues continues, I'll try to download the PS4 version.

Seems everyone on PC is having issues, like super long download times.
On PS4 it went very fast however. It's just about 13GB.

On the topic I have to say though, and as much as I love the game, that Genshin Impact has unfortunately an unstable framerate, bad pop in and LOD issues on PS4. I hope Mihoyo can fix this or at least brute-force it on PS5 in November. The game's art is so gorgeous, it deserves to shine.

Some pics of the interior of Mondstadt's gothic cathedral that I took with the game's photo mode:

50394041768_b53e25da1e_o.png

50394900392_5f07bcf7b8_o.png

50394731016_be0a19111b_o.png

50394041948_33b1a72a7b_o.png

50394731146_52e6160bce_o.png

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Seems everyone on PC is having issues, like super long download times.
On PS4 it went very fast however. It's just about 13GB.

On the topic I have to say though, and as much as I love the game, that Genshin Impact has unfortunately an unstable framerate, bad pop in and LOD issues on PS4. I hope Mihoyo can fix this or at least brute-force it on PS5 in November. The game's art is so gorgeous, it deserves to shine.

Some pics of the interior of Mondstadt's gothic cathedral that I took with the game's photo mode:

50394041768_b53e25da1e_o.png

50394900392_5f07bcf7b8_o.png

50394731016_be0a19111b_o.png

50394041948_33b1a72a7b_o.png

50394731146_52e6160bce_o.png

I have to say that i've been enjoying the game as of late. It's pretty fun, it feels like Zelda but using it's own spin on it. My experience has been pretty positive.

I managed to get the PC version (woot finally), and there doesn't seem to be a way where I can uncap the frame rate since it seems to be locked at 60 fps (?), turned off V-Sync but no luck it seems.

Overall, i'm hopping back on the game when I get back home. Might even be able to nab 4K60 footage.

Ninoasker

So we got new images of Spider-Man Remastered and the game be looking as good as always, but jesus fucking christ the way the botched Peter LMFAOOO he looks like they tried SO hard to make a Tom Holland-esque Peter but without having to get the rights to use the actor's likeness... flop
1601487064662.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So we got new images of Spider-Man Remastered and the game be looking as good as always, but jesus fucking christ the way the botched Peter LMFAOOO he looks like they tried SO hard to make a Tom Holland-esque Peter but without having to get the rights to use the actor's likeness... flop
View attachment 31786

While I am sure they were looking for a face that was indeed closer to Tom, the face they now use is that of Ben Jordan, a male model:

838125-500w.jpg

He is a good looking guy, not gonna lie... >__>

ben-jordan-_p7e4a1jtt71u8au21o1_1280-e1530182379349.jpg

I was not a fan at all of them just showing 60fps mode footage that compared to the original PS4 game only shows a different color tint (more blueish now) and shadow map issues (flickering or missing) that were not a problem in the original game.
They talked so much of this being more than a remaster with news city assets, new character assets, new lighting, new skies and weather system and last but not least raytracing, and then they don't even show that off.
The only thing they did show of that remastered 4K/30fps mode with all graphical bells and whistles were these two shots:

50395503713_3f3797f645_o.jpg

50395503813_6811149fef_o.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
PS5 gameplay videos of Spider-Man: Miles Morales:

When I first heard that MM isn't a proper next gen game but rather a cross gen game also available for PS4, I was pretty disappointed. Seeing this PS5 footage though, it does look really nice, clean and crisp. I don't know what the PS4 version is going to look like, but this does look like a noticable graphical step up from the first Spider-Man.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD