DOA5U The Butterfly Kunoichi - DOA5U Ayane Breakdown

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
You can stagger (and hold after stagger escaping) out of 6PP while back turned. It's not full proof.

Oh, interesting, I thought it was guaranteed on a Backturned opponent at disadvantage. I haven't had it held yet from hitting someone in the back. What's the strongest combo on a middleweight after 64H+P that is full-proof?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
64H+P > 4P+K > BT6P > 8KK > BTPP4PP7K (midscreen) is 73 damage on feather, light, welter and mid weights.

Kronin

I premise that Ayane is my main but that I'm far to be a good player with her, however @Hajin' I want give you my answer hoping to not say too much crap...

I think that the only way to improve is make practice and practice, sincerely this seems to me the most effective way for improving.

I make you a personal example: when I complete the list of moves for a character in training, of course I don't remember all the moves that I practiced until few moments ago. However surely there are some moves that for various motives casual and/or technicals (peculiar easiness or complexity in the execution, damage done, beauty of the animations, advantage that brought to you, ecc...) remain more impressed in my memory.

At that point i practice more and more these moves that instictively are more easy for me to remember, until I can do them easily and I remember their existence without having to see them on the list of moves of the character.

The next step is try to implement them in my gameplay: when I could use a similar move? For example I can start directly to attack the adversary with it, or it's better to use it like following of a previous set-up?

[Of course the same could be applied also to the combo, while for other areas of the game (like the correct use of the holds or mix-up), it's necessary to make a different practice and knowing very well the opponent that you have in front].

Making a reductive summary, we could say that this is exactly what made @iHajinShinobi in this guide (HajinShinobi correct me if I'm wrong), selecting the best options available (dividing them for families of moves), and explaining, also in a technical way (the number of frames), in what situations it's better to use them, on the opposite of what I made that it's based only on the experience on the "battlefield" (I haven't the time or memory for learning the frame properties, sorry XD).

Like iHajinShinobi has already said - and like I did in the beginning of this post - it's impossible to learn everything immediately. It's necessary to focus on little sections, learn the more possible from them to implement it in their own style, and just after to pass to another one. I would suggest you to make fights against real opponents during the training, without caring for your win ratio: this would be the best gym for understanding what work and what instead needs to be improved or substituted in your own style.

Very soon you will be able to see like little additions often are able to reveal themselves really effective and open your mind to new ways to fight with your character. For example, at least against online players - I have no way to play with real people - I can say that I found fundamental 6P3 and all his leading options:

6P3 – 13 frame mid punch with a spin cancel. Spin cancel leaves Ayane in crouch status which means she ducks under all high attacks. 6P3 also leads into her 3P, 3KKK, and 3KK2K from her forward spin. You may also do 6P34 to leave Ayane back turned, which allows for some mix up when she’s on the offensive. 6P itself now has a strong mix up because of 6PK and 6P3. You have the option of delaying or finishing 6PK, or safely cancelling 6P into 6P3.

I repeat that my approach to the training is few technical and very empirical (I still remain a casual player trying to become more competent on the gameplay), but if you have the skills and the time for learning through a way much more rational and studied, I think that you should see the results very soon.

PS:
Finally remeber that being able to understand your opponent is maybe the most important thing: a character on the chart can be able to do or not certain things, but in the end everyone use them in an individual way. Being able to recognize the patterns of the opponents (or on the opposite, to change your own behavior in fight according to the opponent) could be the determining factor between the victory or the loss.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to play on Xboxlive, so I rather not disappoint you and say that I'll be on soon.

I'm more than willing to help you learn this character though, if you like. You are more than welcome to ask any questions and post up your matches in the Ayane video thread for critique.

I never have access to PSN (on a PS3, I have a Vita) or XBL, so I try to help out however I can. Offline and on the forums.

Frosty

Oh alright thanks, do you have a youtube,? the best I can do it post replys but I don't know where they go o.o lol And ey if I get my hands o a 7day ill let you know n tell me when you want it xp

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD