The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

Id like him to accept both personas instead if abandoning Ein.
What I mean is, incorporate his karate into his ninjitsu. Take advantage of mastering two fighting styles.

Like give Hayate and Ein stance or something.

Brute

Standard Donor
Id like him to accept both personas instead if abandoning Ein.
What I mean is, incorporate his karate into his ninjitsu. Take advantage of mastering two fighting styles.

Like give Hayate and Ein stance or something.
Hayate's wind dash functions more or less like a stance, tbh. Doesn't need anything else.

Best to leave Ein cool and untainted by Hayate.

Brute

Standard Donor
You don't think it'd be cool to have a like SuperKarate practicioner?
I thought tossing someone 10 meters in the air and then 360 spin kicking them three times before barreling them in the chest with a cross before they even touch the ground already made you a "Super Karate" practitioner.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Alright, I gotta say this because while I did get it off my chest, it was in the Lady Tengu thread(Yes, I'm calling Nyou Tengu Lady because as you guys stated, that's what Nyou means...might as well get ready for that English Translation) and I deleted it because it came off as rambling, so I'll say it here but better:

Hayate is easily the most fucked over character roster in DOA. I know there will be some that argues it's Zack or Leon, but I call BS on that because both of them haven't had the hype Hayate has or the protagonist level spot he has, yet fail to actually deliver on any level based on his cred.

Let's look at his history, shall we:

DOA1/DOA2U Opening/DOAD: Hayate ends up getting his back broken and into a coma because he was too stupid to listen to Ayane's advice to not use the Sky Torn Blast against someone who specifically could copy Ninjutsu and his whole reason of being there was to copy said technique.
Raidou ends up being killed by Kasumi, his little sister.

DOA2: Somehow gets abducted and captured by DOATEC(I can say the same for Kasumi as well) and gets signed up for Project Epsilon and while he does regain the use of his legs, he fails the test and they find his little sister, again, to be the superior specimen compared to him(remember, what we've seen of Phase 4, Kasumi Alpha and her evolved form, Alpha-152, is supposed to be the result of the successful Project Epsilon). He ends up with Amnesia and does nothing important for the rest of the tournament.

DOA3: Loses his Amnesia and takes the helm of the leadership that he lost...which then Genra goes missing and gets Brainwashed(or in DOAD, goes with free will) into serving DOATEC and ends up a huge problem. Ayane wants to defeat him personally, Hayate refuses, she kicks his ass and goes and kicks Genra's ass(Ignoring DOAD because that's a load of BS there and Hayate is still useless for what he's supposed to be equal to)

DOA4: Organizes the attack on DOATEC...and not much else. Ayane completely destroys the building, Ryu goes ham on everyone else, Kasumi almost defeats Alpha-152 but she escapes and Hayate...just disappears(Not counting his outro movie because the True Ending doesn't show him anywhere at all)

DOA5: HE GETS CAPTURED BY RIG AND PLACED BACK INTO PROJECT EPSILON!!! Now I'm not saying that Rig is some chicken shit weakling or anything like that...but Hayate is supposed to be on the same level as RYU FUCKING HAYABUSA! How in the blue fuck did Hayate lose to someone like Rig when Ryu's WHOLE PERSONALITY in DOA5 was that he could have easily squashed DOATEC by now, but it's really not much of his problem until the tail end of the story mode. Hayate loses to a single freaking human who doesn't show anything even on the same level as Murai, The Red Alchemist(I cannot believe I forgot his name) or any other badass humans in the NG series, this is freaking absurd.

So lets see this again:
Hayate is a dumbass who got emasculated and decided to hand Raidou the Jutsu he wanted.
For all of his equalization to Ryu Hayabusa, he's a worse specimen then Kasumi is
He gets his ass wrecked by Ayane, who really WAS touted as a Prodigy in both series(DOA and NG)
Does nothing in DOA4 no one else couldn't do
And loses to a simple human with no tricks(Whereas Ayane and Kasumi pretty much curbstomped everyone in their way and the Improved Alpha-152 was the only real challenge they had)

Jesus man, DOA6 or even NG4 HAS to do something with Hayate because his entire presence is just embarrassing at this point.
Hayate is just a straight up terrible character and completely useless, I honestly think they should forgoe him and permanantly bring back Ein.

Ein has only ever lost to Hayabusa and Kasumi and Ein just has an all round better personality, he's brash and arrogant but keeps his word by punching you across the room. Also, he'd be a much better plot point for Hitomi to follow rather than atm where he's "Oh are you with Ei-... oh right he's that lame ass ninja now..." lol

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
everyone talking shit ignoring the fact he could still speed blitz anyone, possibly even Ryu

when Hayate makes his debut in ninja gaiden everyone will realize just why the call HIM the shinobi of the wind.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Team Ninja made Hayabusa Canon OP, not me.

And it's not exactly "riding Ryu's jock" to think that Ryu could whoop Hayate's butt. I think almost everyone on planet Earth thinks that, too.

hes not OP though, Ryu is a jack of all trades but the other ninjas do outclass him in the following ways

Kasumi: parries/teleports
Ayane:ninpo (rage of the mountain god)
Hayate: speed

the only thing Ryu hasnt been bested at is the ability to use any weapon and physical strength, but rachel might take that by her next appearance

Brute

Standard Donor
Oh my. Here we go.

hes not OP though,
lol

Ryu is a jack of all trades but the other ninjas do outclass him in the following ways
Kasumi: parries/teleports
Ayane:ninpo (rage of the mountain god)
Hayate: speed
Kasumi does not outclass Ryu in teleports. Every teleport ability Kasumi has, Hayabusa also has. And then some. Seriously. Point to Kasumi's teleports and I'll give you Ryu's equivalent. Some might be a bit skewed because of GAMEPLAY balance (Kasumi's 3H parry has less recovery than Ryu's ongyoin parry, but we know from RE's ninpo parry that Hayabusa does not have to be restricted by these recovery frames, and that was just done in DOA's gameplay balance stage because TN is terrible at balancing that stuff out), but nevertheless, from a canon perspective (and even usually a gameplay one) Hayabusa has all her teleport shenanigan capabilities and more.

Ayane's Rage of the Mountain God ninpo took a very, very long time to activate when it took down the Tri-tower. If he were to take that much time, I have no doubt Hayabusa could replicate the effect (doubt me? go ahead and use Tag ninpo in NG. he basically IS using that ninpo along with her). Yes, Ayane can perform a quicker version, but it appears weaker. Since Hayabusa can perform the quicker version, it's logical to assume with enough time he could use the bigger version.
Meanwhile, Ayane has demonstrated nothing that can compare to the effect of the True Inferno ninpo Hayabusa has (or really any of his other very numerous and useful ninpo abilities, for that matter).

Since when is Hayate faster than Ryu in canon? Because of DOA4's ending? Go ahead and check out RE's Ultimate techniques and Steel on Bone sequences from Ryu. Check out the Divine Flying Swallow lead-in / 360 TDS UT from NG2. I hope it's not because Hayate calls himself "the wind."
Don't bother with: "in gameplay, Hayate has a 12 frame mid." We both know canonically they can both move and attack way, way faster than a 12 or 13 frame mid. They're gimped in gameplay for balance, hugely.

the only thing Ryu hasnt been bested at is the ability to use any weapon.
Ryu hasn't ever been bested by the other DOA ninjas in anything ever. He is literally better at basically everything than all of the other ninjas. That's why it makes no sense to assume Hayate, the weakest canonical ninja (aside from possibly Momiji), could defeat him.

Brute

Standard Donor
Weak enough to get recaptured again for the 2nd time.

I swear he is Donovan's favorite guinea pig even if experimenting on him for Project Epsilon was a failure.
And yet he's never considered worthwhile enough to clone.

Meanwhile, with Kasumi...

Argentus

If I were Hayate I'd just go back to Germany and crash at Hitomi's place karate chopping beer bottles and teaching children how to fight at the dojo while intoxicated.
I.
Must.
Draw this.

I swear he is Donovan's favorite guinea pig even if experimenting on him for Project Epsilon was a failure.

Honestly I think they just like screwing with him more than anything. Catch him, mock him call him princess and put him in another castle for ryusumi to rescue.

All just to make fun of him by pointing out that they can turn him into a damsel on distress at any time.

Because he's a total bitch.

Yurlungur

I think project epsilon was a success actually, well not in the sense of creating the ultimate weapon but as a healing device it did it's job

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD