The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhominid The Demon Within

And Tina's, and Christie's and Ayane's, but okay.

No, I've seen worse than Ayane's. And Tina and Christie's really ARE something you'll see on the beach.

I want to say I'm disgusted but

A) I've clicked on worse
B) glad there's no Clydesdale involved this time
C) does it count if I really enjoy watching that one scene where Broly is jumping on Goku, just to hear his screams in English? That and when he's getting hammered through a mountain. Fun to watch him get his ass handed to him after so many asspull wins. Or is it only for women?
(Then again I also find a mass effect banshee s scream to be relaxing so maybe I'm just fucked up that way)

I just stated there's Gyaku-Ryona, didn't I?

Argentus

Seemingly random but can someone make gifs of 0:8-:018, 0:41-0:54, and 1:16-1:24?
I want to use them for trolling and victory dance gifs at haters lol.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
So apparently the patch is out, but Phase-4 herself is not yet out. Welp, guess I'll just wait until tomorrow to update my copy of DOA5U and purchase P-4. Excitement intensifies.

Lol I don't know what beaches your going to that has Team Ninja approved bikinis, but you should let us all know. :p I haven't been to the beach in forever.

When you have no time on your hands and you watch Manswers for that answer to your question, as long as it doesn't show nipple and it isn't small enough to expose your holes, it's fine.

Number 13

Who gives a shit if either one is marginally more scantly clad then the other as if the result makes a substantial difference? Both DoA and SC get fapped to just the same anyway. Their females aren't exactly conservatively dressed or represent female empowerment beyond being marketed sex symbols (Hilde is maybe the rare exception) so cut the BS and accept these ladies for who they are without frantically coming up with justifications.

Speaking of SC though…
Was so satisfying to land this during a match back then lol

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
People still complaining about fan service? As I've stated numerous times, no one is forcing anybody to purchase the most of the fan service-y costumes. All fighting games have fan service in some shape or form, but at the end of the day, you're playing the game because you like the fighting mechanics. Fan service is and always will be a bonus. And yes, "sex sells" because it's making Team Ninja hella bank these days and DOA always stood out because of this philosophy. But DOA also stood out because of its fast gameplay, intuitive counter system, and danger zones.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
People still complaining about fan service? As I've stated numerous times, no one is forcing anybody to purchase the most of the fan service-y costumes. All fighting games have fan service in some shape or form, but at the end of the day, you're playing the game because you like the fighting mechanics. Fan service is and always will be a bonus. And yes, "sex sells" because it's making Team Ninja hella bank these days and DOA always stood out because of this philosophy. But DOA also stood out because of its fast gameplay, intuitive counter system, and danger zones.

And then you wonder why Sega had to support them because of the sexual figure itself was too hard for TN to take serious as an actual fighting game.

DOA standing out as an actual fighting game is taking far too long. It still is taking far too long till this day. It managed to get to the arcades (Thank god because it hasn't seen arcades in years.) Thanks to Sega. But overall. The negativity drawback is high of the game as well as a worldwide community on Fighting games to take serious is literally at the bottom.

Argentus

Who gives a shit if either one is marginally more scantly clad then the other as if the result makes a substantial difference? Both DoA and SC get fapped to just the same anyway. Their females aren't exactly conservatively dressed or represent female empowerment beyond being marketed sex symbols (Hilde is maybe the rare exception) so cut the BS and accept these ladies for who they are without frantically coming up with justifications.

Speaking of SC though…
Was so satisfying to land this during a match back then lol
Even better when Eliot does it.
i swear sc4 was the worst one of the entire series
...I enjoyed it a lot...

And then you wonder why Sega had to support them because of the sexual figure itself was too hard for TN to take serious as an actual fighting game.

DOA standing out as an actual fighting game is taking far too long. It still is taking far too long till this day. It managed to get to the arcades (Thank god because it hasn't seen arcades in years.) Thanks to Sega. But overall. The negativity drawback is high of the game as well as a worldwide community on Fighting games to take serious is literally at the bottom.

Thing is, most of the bashing towards DOA is not at the sex appeal or fan service, but from what I've seen, is mostly people whining that they keep getting countered.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor

A lot of fighting game communities are full of entitled dicks anyway, so who cares what they think? Honestly, when I look back at past DOA games and their costumes, none of them stood out as being too fan service-y anyway. If people don't want to give DOA a chance just because of fan service, something EVERY fighting game has, then it's their loss. Those are the kind of people whom we shouldn't want playing in our community anyway. At the end of the day, these are GAMES and they are meant to be played for fun (or competitively, which is still seen as fun to the pros).

Speaking of Sega, why is Virtua Fighter on life support then? VF is known as one of the best 3D fighters, yet, it gets ZERO recognition and ZERO support. The community is small, but dedicated, yet the community is all but dead. The only people left playing VF at this point are those who have been playing VF since the beginning and know the game inside and out. VF is harder to get into because, unless you know people who play the game, nobody new is getting into the game.

Juihau

Thing is, most of the bashing towards DOA is not at the sex appeal or fan service, but from what I've seen, is mostly people whining that they keep getting countered.
Personally, I think it is both in large part. Many people are quick to judge a game as nothing but garbage due to heavy sexualization, especially when it appears to be its selling point. As such, many people are going to be trying the game with the bias that it's garbage, and will be more receptive to the negatives than the positives. In short, I'm rather confident that if it weren't for DOA's infamous sex appeal, people would be more accepting of its gameplay.

Who gives a shit if either one is marginally more scantly clad then the other as if the result makes a substantial difference?

Except I'm not trying to justify it or anything, I'm just saying that SC DOES have it worse and that DOA isn't really the queen anymore.

Defending it as saying it doesn't have it as bad is just laughable.

Personally, I think it is both in large part. Many people are quick to judge a game as nothing but garbage due to heavy sexualization, especially when it appears to be its selling point. As such, many people are going to be trying the game with the bias that it's garbage, and will be more receptive to the negatives than the positives. In short, I'm rather confident that if it weren't for DOA's infamous sex appeal, people would be more accepting of its gameplay.

Nah, Argentus does have a point. The issue really is now that people can stop me from combo'ing, game is broken.

The fanservice was really just something to poke at, when you have games like UMvC3 running ragged, too many people just wants to press a button to win and not be punished at all. DOA doesn't do that, so they bitch otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD