The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless Sama

I think the girls will be stay in the foreground this time too. Doesnt care what do you think about this its for me wayne. Instead of bringing the old classic outfit back which was standad for Boss Badass MoFU Itagaki they make such unsessary outfits . If you dont bring the classic outfit then make Fighting Outfits. No wonder why so many people plays VF or Tekken. I dont like Tekken but I like the way what they offer for their game ! Look the fighting outfits. The males are in the foreground. Be honest If you would see so many women in a fighting cover would you think that would be a fighting game If you dont know about this game ? Why I should take this game so serious ? I never took this game serious and it would be stay the same. I know that the people plays more DOA4 and NG than t DOA5 and DOA5U togehter. I was just withness today. DOA4 is a very great game I still love it. Ah who cares ! I just waste my time

Brute

Standard Donor
@Nameless Sama
I don't care if the females are "in the foreground" more than the males on the cover or w/e. No reason why every game should be male-dominated. I just don't want it female-dominated either. I'm not in a "guy club" where I just play as the males and have some vendetta against the females. I love the female characters and play some of them quite often. It just so happens that the main three characters I play are male. I don't play them because they're male, I just happen to like those three best. What I have a problem with is being punished for liking those three best because the female characters are favored 100% of the time. Just give equal attention. Or at least just give the guy characters the iconic/classic outfits we've been begging for since vanilla's release, if for some reason equality is too difficult for them. I'm not asking much. Just some fucking decency on TN's part.

Nameless Sama

I gave it up for a long time ago ! I dont take this game serious generally. In DOA4 I played with compettion but the time of DOA5 I hold in very match back. I dont play serious for me is losing or wining wayne. I understand what you are saying and I respect that.

Last edited:

Argentus

Sarah
I went from liking the spunky characters (Sakura Kasugano, Rimururu, Yuri Sakazaki) in my childhood to liking elegant characters (Helena Douglas, Lili, Charlotte, Rose, Amy Sorel/Viola, Sarah Bryant) in my adulthood. Whenever I look back at it, I question myself: "I used to like using her?"

But that's only the case for females. As for the males, I'm not that picky but majority of them are most likely European/American.

Fun fact: Most of the spunky female characters I used to like were mostly Japanese brunettes while majority of the elegant female characters I liked are European blondes.
Sarah Bryant?

Elegant?

Chapstick

The sakura petals indicate Kasumi will have something like that so I don't think this pack will be male dominated. Let's all join in a prayer circle hoping these won't look stupid. If it's those sexualized American football outfits for all the girls, I will throw a bitch fit. If the guys get football uniforms I really really hope you can toggle helmets off.

Rig would look pretty hot in a football uniform I must admit >>'

DeathHand

The sakura petals indicate Kasumi will have something like that so I don't think this pack will be male dominated. Let's all join in a prayer circle hoping these won't look stupid. If it's those sexualized American football outfits for all the girls, I will throw a bitch fit. If the guys get football uniforms I really really hope you can toggle helmets off.

would be cool to see some europe footbal (soccer) costumes.
why cant they release another pack like special pack 2, it would please me to see another ninja outfit for my hayate or a more in character costume for him...and ryu original c1 =D ok im gonna stop with the ryu costume, its not happening

doa5-dlc3-10.jpg

screenlg1.jpg

best one so far for me

RoboJoe

Just gonna throw my 2 cents about this whole 18 business. For the race queen dlc, TN plastered the number 5 all over the girls, because 5 is obviously referencing doa5. This is an important number for TN so they would likely use the number on any jerseys in the dlc. So why are they using 18 instead? The number would have to have some real significance and not be some random number. Here's my theory: November 18 is the day after the 1st loktest. A trailer could easily be released that day to hype the 2nd loktest which will likely have the new character. They want to build hype to that event the same way as with the halloween dlc.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Arcades are coin-operated.

Team Ninja's first project was run on an arcade board.

All the females in DOA (who are considered iconic to the series) are now either exactly 18 or older, as well as the company.

Why would InsertCoin not jump at the opportunity to celebrate TN's return to arcades?

Mestizo

Standard Donor
Just gonna throw my 2 cents about this whole 18 business. For the race queen dlc, TN plastered the number 5 all over the girls, because 5 is obviously referencing doa5. This is an important number for TN so they would likely use the number on any jerseys in the dlc. So why are they using 18 instead? The number would have to have some real significance and not be some random number. Here's my theory: November 18 is the day after the 1st loktest. A trailer could easily be released that day to hype the 2nd loktest which will likely have the new character. They want to build hype to that event the same way as with the halloween dlc.
5+4+3+2+1+ 3(DOAD+DOAXBV+DOAX2) = 18 lol
Its pretty rare for DOA to be male dominated in any DLC lol. Girls+Busa are the face of DOA, has been this way since DOA1.

I look at it this way, the girls are dolls(barbies) so it is natural to want to change their outfits while the doa guys are action figures. I had transformers, ninja turtle, robocop, stretch armstrong, power rangers, green armymen etc etc action figures as a kid growing up and you couldnt change the clothes on anyof them and at best you could swap the heads or change weapons but that was it. Options were limited to a few changes and I dont remember anyone caring. Boys historically dont care for that kind of thing.

Thats the understandable mentality I think TN is coming from. Well that and the sales on the all male costume pack they put out VS girls Bikinis

Also Tecmo Bowl is an NES classic and one of Tecmos greatest successes EVER. Makes sense they would want to commemorate it. Lots of other people seem to want to (see below) and the DOA creator started out as a developer for tecmo bowl http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tecmo-Bowl-...1210?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c386e844a

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Girls+Busa are the face of DOA, has been this way since DOA1.
Ein is on the cover of DOA2. Hayabusa isn't.

Hayabusa only got huge publicity after the Ninja Gaiden reboot. Prior to that, Itagaki's favorite man-crush was always Hayate. That much is very obvious.

I look at it this way, the girls are dolls(barbies) so it is natural to want to change their outfits while the doa guys are action figures. I had transformers, ninja turtle, robocop, stretch armstrong, power rangers, green armymen etc etc action figures as a kid growing up and you couldnt change the clothes on anyof them and at best you could swap the heads or change weapons but that was it. Options were limited to a few changes and I dont remember anyone caring. Boys historically dont care for that kind of thing.
And I wouldn't care so much if the outfit the action figures came with was their cool/iconic one that they were known for like they almost always were. But that's not the case here. I remember when I got like a "Aqua Batman" action figure with scuba gear or w/e and I'd be like: "dafuq? this isn't Batman." Same thing here. I want classic Busa. Not gonna be content 'till I get him.

also I've always been a sucker for customization so I always swapped the clothes/accessories of my male/faemale 12 inch Star Wars toys and Lego figurines as a kid.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
Ein is on the cover of DOA2. Hayabusa isn't.

Hayabusa only got huge publicity after the Ninja Gaiden reboot. Prior to that, Itagaki's favorite man-crush was always Hayate. That much is very obvious.

And I wouldn't care so much if the outfit the action figures came with was their cool/iconic one that they were known for like they almost always were. But that's not the case here. I remember when I got like a "Aqua Batman" action figure with scuba gear or w/e and I'd be like: "dafuq? this isn't Batman." Same thing here. I want classic Busa. Not gonna be content 'till I get him.

also I've always been a sucker for customization so I always swapped the clothes/accessories of my male/faemale 12 inch Star Wars toys and Lego figurines as a kid.

Ahh i didnt know that about hayate but after seeing ein....makes so much sense lol. Never knew that!

I agree with the busa stuff but its not just the guys who suffer this fate. Tina - who is probably in the top 5 most iconic doa characters has been shafted left and right with her best classic costumes and DLC

-Best cat suit went to helena
-still no DOA3 C3, Zebra pants, flag cape, canopus, DOA4 C4, + a bunch more great doa2U C's
2 legendary recolors and the rest of her DLC has been meh save the racer.

Though I did always feel anytime busa got stuff they were always quality. Yeh I like customization too (was a lego nerd as a kid) just never did it to my figures. But I get where you are coming from.

Blazeincarnated

Mestizo is right Brute. Hayabusa is the face of DOA. My cousin who doesn't even play fighting games a lot said a lot of his friends know DOA because of Hayabusa and Zack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD