The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoya Destroyer

I like the black nail polish, bracelet/wrist thingies and of course, the SHOES!
I dont think I'll like the rest of the outfit, but I'll need to see more of it, to say for sure. It could still be good.

BfidxarCcAAesZJ.jpg

Rawbietussin

It's simply a tank top version of Tina's rape victim outfit from 2/2HC on Kokoro minus the stockings and with different heels and panties.

Picture on the previous page by the way.

Last edited:

Xernuht

IMO, Ryu looks better masked in DOA5U. His face looks really old for some reason in his legacy costume.

Ryu's the Singular Super Ninja. I doubt anyone really cares if he's a pretty boy when he's bouncing your friend's skull off the ground or removing some shmuck's arm in a particularly gory manner, especially him.

Besides, it's Team Freaking Ninja. We got Hayate/Ein and Eliot for our 'pretty boy' needs. They're not gonna spring extra money just to add Ryu to the list when we can always mask him.

Brute

Standard Donor
I care... =\

It's not so much that I care if Hayabusa's "pretty" or not, I just find it so strange that they went 180 with his facial design in NG3 from past games. Style aside, he was described in the damn manuals as having a soft, youthful and serene face that contrasted the harsh appearance of his mask. This reflected the way that he was often compared to rivers, gentle and kind-natured when calm, but harsh and unforgiving when roused.

I liked that whole duality. It was interesting. Now they sorta killed it, which is a bummer.

Xernuht

Which manual? Depending on which, you could argue he's actually aged.

Or that Itagaki's a f**king troll for demanding that Ryu remain masked so we can't actually confirm this shit.

Brute

Standard Donor
Which manual? Depending on which, you could argue he's actually aged.
I almost want to say it was in DS.

But seriously, NG1 is two years before DOA1, which is 2 years before DOA5. He can't have aged all that much...

Kronin

Never did understand the alternate hairstyle Eliot has in 5U. I think his non-spiked out hair looks fine.

I like his his second hair and the idea to give alternate hairstyles to guys it's nice, also if I think that this could be a joke by Team Ninja for the pretty aspect of Eliot that make him comparable to the girls XD, for this reason giving him a second hairstyle just like the possibility to wear glasses, all elements reserved to the female roster with the exception of Ein's and Leon' sunglasses).

Said this I prefer however his first hairstyle (just as I like more his previous ones from DoA4 and Dimensions).

EDIT: Just like for Leifang, even for Kokoro I expect to see the full pic for having a proper judgement, however for now I like the concept design behind the swimsuit.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
It's simply a tank top version of Tina's rape victim outfit from 2/2HC on Kokoro minus the stockings and with different heels and panties.

Picture on the previous page by the way.
So the only thing they have in common is the color and rips? seems legit.
For some reason all the women are becoming rebellious and going against their usual norms.
Kasumi wearing leather jackets/body suits.
Christie, dressing more lady like and classy.
Helena being as controversial as possible.
Even Kokoro has become edgier possibly because she is rebelling against her mother idk. but pretty much everyone isn't acting/dressing like themselves and I'm beginning to think it's intentional. Either that for TN has no Idea who these characters are anymore.
Silly Kokoro, a blender is not a washing machine.
Lol I was 100% sure you were going to make a joke about Helena's Blender.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The question is:
If you have a game, that is clearly directed at men, with hot chicks, that comprise already more than 50% of the fighter roster, would it be intelligent, to make the male roster just as hot, to attract also lots of girls and gay guys? Will the straight male fan base be alright with that, or will they be deterred and in the end abandon the ship? They still have their hot, bouncy women, but they also have to put up with guys like Eliot, Ein and Hayate...in speedos. XD

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

So the only thing they have in common is the color and rips? seems legit.
For some reason all the women are becoming rebellious and going against their usual norms.
Kasumi wearing leather jackets/body suits.
Christie, dressing more lady like and classy.
Helena being as controversial as possible.
Even Kokoro has become edgier possibly because she is rebelling against her mother idk. but pretty much everyone isn't acting/dressing like themselves and I'm beginning to think it's intentional. Either that for TN has no Idea who these characters are anymore.

It's either every girl got a personality switch lately or it's the Freaky Friday movie (with more than 2 characters involved) all over again.

Last edited:
Both of them got a kneeling taunt, right? But I bet on Kokoro.

I like the strappy sandals. That ripped shirt reminds me of DOA2 Tina's C4 except that it is a tank top and has more shreds in the abdomen area. I think the 2HC version removed her loincloth skirt and has her fight around in panties.

Tinagrey.jpg

Where is that second picture from? As far as i'm aware, the outfit she had in DOA2 HC had the loincloth skirt. Perhaps it's from doa2 H*C? (the japanese update of hardcore)

also funfact: that outfit is callled "shadowmans girlfriend" and is based on the character design of the character from the video game and comic. #themoreyouknow

Rawbietussin

Where is that second picture from? As far as i'm aware, the outfit she had in DOA2 HC had the loincloth skirt. Perhaps it's from doa2 H*C? (the japanese update of hardcore)

also funfact: that outfit is callled "shadowmans girlfriend" and is based on the character design of the character from the video game and comic. #themoreyouknow

Maybe it is from the Japanese update of 2HC.

Rawbietussin

I'd rather not. Brings back the horrors of KOF 94-95, especially when playing as King and Yuri Sakazaki.

Finish them off with a DM move = KO'ed sprites with torn tops and bras

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD