The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapstick

If that's Ayane's winpose for beating Kasumi, then I want to see something equally/more horrible for when Kasumi beats Ayane (as she always does) no matter how OOC the pose is. Curbstomping Drawing on her face Jigglypuff style and then punching her unconscious body around some more sending a picture to Hayate using ninja magic.

tumblr_me2albMlZV1rlid3mo1_500.gif

UpSideDownGRUNT

you didn't get the point of my post. It was directed at Number 13 because since I've come here, I've gotten a lot of bullshit about how somehow enjoying the game for the sex appeal is SO wrong and how you should be more proud of the big "YOU WIN" screen and somehow how enjoying the sex appeal means I'm devaluing the series.

because supposedly the majority of the people who enjoy the game don't care for sex appeal at all. Yet somehow when the idea is brought up about letting the majority of the people choose, I hear gripes and complaints like what Number 13 is saying. Don't let them choose because they'll go for more sex appeal. LOLWUT?

Frankly, I burned out on Tekken Revolution. It's a boring game. Too much roided up sausage and the women they do have aren't sexy enough.

Okay, Let me get something straight cause I assume this post also comments on what I said on your status on DOAW.

Nobody dislikes ANYONE for liking the games sexual nature, hell I myself find atleast five of the girls sexually attractive and buy swimsuits for them.

The problem is when there is just simply too much of it, two or three swimsuit packs? fine I'm down with that but adding unrealistically bouncy boob physics, SEVEN swimsuit packs some which I thought I'd never see in a mainstream DOA game (Helena's Godfather and Lisa's newest Mariposa one) and softcore gravure movies that are not only inexcusably expensive and pointless IMO 40 secs of the girl of choice splashing in the ocean lol wtf is that about?

It's also bad when most of the sexualisation and casual aspects take over the actual game, as we all know casual or not the core game isn't in the best place right now we have characters that just completely dominate because they're so high up the ladder and then we have some wonky mids and then we have characters that can only just barely hold their own, and the netcode although light years better than vanilla, it's still mediocre compared to most fighters.

Edmund

the core game isn't in the best place right now we have characters that just completely dominate because they're so high up the ladder and then we have some wonky mids and then we have characters that can only just barely hold their own.

Is what you're saying true? Did the 1.04 balance patch do nothing at all to help balance the tiers abit?

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Okay, Let me get something straight cause I assume this post also comments on what I said on your status on DOAW.

Nobody dislikes ANYONE for liking the games sexual nature, hell I myself find atleast five of the girls sexually attractive and buy swimsuits for them.

The problem is when there is just simply too much of it, two or three swimsuit packs? fine I'm down with that but adding unrealistically bouncy boob physics, SEVEN swimsuit packs some which I thought I'd never see in a mainstream DOA game (Helena's Godfather and Lisa's newest Mariposa one) and softcore gravure movies that are not only inexcusably expensive and pointless IMO 40 secs of the girl of choice splashing in the ocean lol wtf is that about?

It's also bad when most of the sexualisation and casual aspects take over the actual game, as we all know casual or not the core game isn't in the best place right now we have characters that just completely dominate because they're so high up the ladder and then we have some wonky mids and then we have characters that can only just barely hold their own, and the netcode although light years better than vanilla, it's still mediocre compared to most fighters.

The sexualization has dominated the series for awhile, vanilla 5 was a step in the right direction. I wonder if the people who want more sex in the game can even play it and hold their own. Can they tell honestly tell you the differences between 3, 4, and 5? Without doing research. They probably can't because they didn't play those and if they did I bet they couldn't anyway. So instead we get less mechanics more nudity.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Is what you're saying true? Did the 1.04 balance patch do nothing at all to help balance the tiers abit?
Not really, some characters got buffed, some got nerfs some got unnecessary buff and some just got changes that practically didn't change a thing, and characters like Gen Fu didn't get changed at all only the Power Launch input.
e.g. Ein, he has barely changed from 1.03 his 33T works when prompted and aside from throw damage only things he gained was a new taunt and the old DOA2 - 4 BOOM FX on his 33T.

The sexualization has dominated the series for awhile, vanilla 5 was a step in the right direction. I wonder if the people who want more sex in the game can even play it and hold their own. Can they tell honestly tell you the differences between 3, 4, and 5? Without doing research. They probably can't because they didn't play those and if they did I bet they couldn't anyway. So instead we get less mechanics more nudity.
It has, but DOA3 and DOA4 didn't have any swimsuits of any kind in them, they focused on being a fighting game 2U had swimsuits(atleast 3 for each girl) and a CG gallery but you had to work in order to get them though swimsuits you had to beat the game several times on Hard and the CG gallery was unlocked when you unlocked every other characters costumes which was a feat in itself haha.

As for you other comment, it can vary some people like both sexualisation and the game itself, while others just care about the girls and probably barely play the game itself if at all.

But 5U has too many swimsuits and too many spectator/voyeur modes though, the victory scene viewer is good for taking screenshots of the victory poses but thats about it the rest of the movies section is unneeded.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Not really, some characters got buffed, some got nerfs some got unnecessary buff and some just got changes that practically didn't change a thing, and characters like Gen Fu didn't get changed at all only the Power Launch input.
e.g. Ein, he has barely changed from 1.03 his 33T works when prompted and aside from throw damage only things he gained was a new taunt and the old DOA2 - 4 BOOM FX on his 33T.

It has, but DOA3 and DOA4 didn't have any swimsuits of any kind in them, they focused on being a fighting game 2U had swimsuits(atleast 3 for each girl) and a CG gallery but you had to work in order to get them though swimsuits you had to beat the game several times on Hard and the CG gallery was unlocked when you unlocked every other characters costumes which was a feat in itself haha.

As for you other comment, it can vary some people like both sexualisation and the game itself, while others just care about the girls and probably barely play the game itself if at all.

But 5U has too many swimsuits and too many spectator/voyeur modes though, the victory scene viewer is good for taking screenshots of the victory poses but thats about it the rest of the movies section is unneeded.

I agree, I fall in enough is enough DLC is fine but i'd like some pants please.

Rawbietussin

Vanilla 5: influx of recolor/palette-swap/handmedown DLC
5U: influx of swimsuit DLC
6: ???

Could 6 be the influx of throwbacks and entirely new costumes?

2U had swimsuits(atleast 3 for each girl)

The only ones with 3 costumes taken from XBV in 2U were Kasumi and Leifang. Ayane, Helena, Hitomi and Tina got 2. All of them also happens to be reasonably conservative as well.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Vanilla 5: influx of recolor/palette-swap/handmedown DLC
5U: influx of swimsuit DLC
6: ???

Could 6 be the influx of throwbacks and entirely new costumes?

The only ones with 3 costumes taken from XBV in 2U were Kasumi and Leifang. Ayane, Helena, Hitomi and Tina got 2. All of them also happens to be reasonably conservative as well.

Yea 5 could've handled palette swaps with a button press. Which would have made more costumes.

Rawbietussin

Yea 5 could've handled palette swaps with a button press. Which would have made more costumes.

That would have worked if TN didn't incorporate a change underwear option.

Apart from characters with recolors, you also got characters like Hitomi who has 3 different tops (white tank top, green letterman jacket, denim jacket + yellow shirt) with the same denim jeans and sneakers. Kokoro even got a jacket-less version of her default school uniform and Hayate who has a shirtless version of his C2.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
That would have worked if TN didn't incorporate a change underwear option.

Apart from characters with recolors, you also got characters like Hitomi who has 3 different tops (white tank top, green letterman jacket, denim jacket + yellow shirt) with the same denim jeans and sneakers. Kokoro even got a jacket-less version of her default school uniform and Hayate who has a shirtless version of his C2.
Press a button on the initial selection then keep it's current function on the 2nd confirmation. If the was selected you get default. But keep customization.

UpSideDownGRUNT

A part of me wishes the glasses fell off and shattered during a fight like the hats do, it was always interesting seeing Ein's and Bass' shades fall of and or break during a fight in DOA3.

Kronin

A part of me wishes the glasses fell off and shattered during a fight like the hats do, it was always interesting seeing Ein's and Bass' shades fall of and or break during a fight in DOA3.

It was possible to break the shades when on the ground? I never noticed it in DoA3.

UpSideDownGRUNT

It was possible to break the shades when on the ground? I never noticed it in DoA3.
maybe I wasn't too clear, I meant that they either fell off or the characters would still wear them with shattered lenses, I swear I have lost to Bass in one of the games where his shades was busted in his victory pose.....

I know they definitely fell off though, point is I wish they did that again.

gnooz

Don't expect this kind of details just expect details about boobs you won't be disappointed ;) Yes I don't want to see glued hoods too but...

Rawbietussin

Press a button on the initial selection then keep it's current function on the 2nd confirmation. If the was selected you get default. But keep customization.

The only customization I never really see much of a function is changing underwear and I wouldn't mind the girls being stuck with only one default underwear. A lot of them happens to be the same lace panties with a colored ribbon (or the same bra in different colors/patterns). If that function itself was removed, these could have been possible and a lot of costume slots could have been saved for something more worthy.

Leifang's C1:
Press Circle for red dress
Press Triangle for green dress
Press Square for white dress
Press Triangle+Circle for blue dress

Hitomi's C1:
Press Circle for white tank top
Press Triangle for green letterman jacket
Press Square for denim jacket + yellow shirt

Last edited:

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
The only customization I never really see much of a function is changing underwear and I wouldn't mind the girls being stuck with only one default underwear. A lot of them happens to be the same lace panties with a colored ribbon (or the same bra in different colors/patterns). If that function itself was removed, these could have been possible and a lot of costume slots could have been saved for something more worthy.

Leifang's C1:
Press Circle for red dress
Press Triangle for green dress
Press Square for white dress
Press Triangle+Circle for blue dress

Hitomi's C1:
Press Circle for white tank top
Press Triangle for green letterman jacket
Press Square for denim jacket + yellow shirt
Yup exactly. Could have gave more room for colors and costumes. Doa 2 style of variety.

Rawbietussin

If they did ever mattered to anyone, they could just design one unique default panty for every dress/skirt outfit (just like in DOA4 and Dimensions) or tops with an expected bra underneath when sweat effects are applied. DOA2 simply has a one-character-fits-all white panties.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
If they did ever mattered to anyone, they could just design one unique default panty for every dress/skirt outfit (just like in DOA4 and Dimensions) or tops with an expected bra underneath when sweat effects are applied. DOA2 simply has a one-character-fits-all white panties.

Just want to clarify customization meant hair and glasses for me. Different frames would've been nice on one outfit could have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD