The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Leon doesn't give a damn about Tengu, and neither does TN. I mean, out of all the bosses, he's the lamest one. Raidou, Genra, and even Alpha-152 are better boss characters than Tengu. He brings nothing to the table that the other bosses did.
Will you give this anti-Tengu shit a rest already?

Chapstick

ARGUING ABOUT TENGU AND BIKINI'S
WHOOO TEQUILA SHOTS ANYONE
No thanks I don't drink alcohol but I'll have

tumblr_mu3xs487W21rje51ao1_400.gif

Eliot360+

Sorry to bring up the anti-Tengu topic, and the swimsuit thing was meant to be a joke since that's what TN does best.
Let's make it up by petitioning for Leon getting seashells with Bayman instead.

Momiji-Baybee

(hmm now ya know how it feels to have something you want get bashed by anti's who don't have to play it)

Do you guys think there is a chance that they'd add an old(er) female character DOA? I hope so, I think a sexy old Russian Lady would be cool.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Might. something like The Boss or Big Momma from MGS would be cool. i however don't expect anymore "new" female characters during this. The gap between men and women is becoming a bit too unbalanced and the guys side needs to add at least one more "new" male before the gals.

If a Black Spider member doesn't make the cut I'm going to start a movement for em in 6 months as I beleive that's when development on DOA6 will begin.

Momiji-Baybee

Well based off the 3 more character possibility, after adding Tengu and a new male then I think we'd have 17 males 16 females, which could leave one more spot for a new female making it 17:17 aka 50-50 gender cast.

Also I think those would be cool older female comparisons

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I agree. Someone like Big Boss would be incredible. Plus, Japanese fighting game developers really need to start adding a female over forty anyway and stop with the "age" BS.

Momiji-Baybee

I agree. Someone like Big Boss would be incredible. Plus, Japanese fighting game developers really need to start adding a female over forty anyway and stop with the "age" BS.

I think it is because they think mature and/or old woman wouldn't be appealing as well as chubby/fat girls. But I think characters like Tsunade,Sindel,and Ivy have proved that wrong. Hopefully DOA adds one to make this proved wrong even more

Or, how about, stay with me here, NEW AND ORIGINAL characters?! I know, it sounds crazy, but it's just crazy enough to work.

Aren't we pratically saying that with a new older female character though

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Aren't we pratically saying that with a new older female character though
Most older females in video games don't even look their age. You mention Ivy, from Soulcalibur, as an example. She's older, but she doesn't age, so she looks the same game after game. While I would like an older female character, I see the oldest they may go is early 30s.

Rawbietussin

Well based off the 3 more character possibility, after adding Tengu and a new male then I think we'd have 17 males 16 females, which could leave one more spot for a new female making it 17:17 aka 50-50 gender cast.

There's only 14 male characters right now, adding 2 would just make it 16 and we already have 17 females in the roster (including Marie Rose and Phase 4), adding 1 would make it 18. It's not as equal as you think.

Momiji-Baybee

Most older females in video games don't even look their age. You mention Ivy, from Soulcalibur, as an example. She's older, but she doesn't age, so she looks the same game after game. While I would like an older female character, I see the oldest they may go is early 30s.

The only thing Ivy doesn't have that majority of older women have is wrinkles, otherwise she still.has the features of an older woman.

If there is anything I think is weird is young female characters who look older thwn they are. For example, Vanessa from KOF is 30 years old and even then characters like Mature, Vice, Foxy, and even King look older then her.

While I do agree they may not make an older woman any older then early 30s, I still would like a 50-60 year old woman. But at the same time I'd still be happy with a 30-40 year old since they are a lack of them as well

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
There's only 14 male characters right now, adding 2 would just make it 16 and we already have 17 females in the roster (including Marie Rose and Phase 4), adding 1 would make it 18. It's not as equal as you think.
Depends on how you count it. There's really only 11 male fighters. VF guest characters don't count and Ein = Hayate, so they're technically one in the same. As for the females, there's 14, because I don't count Alpha-152 as female and VF guest characters don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD