The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momiji-Baybee

There's only 14 male characters right now, adding 2 would just make it 16 and we already have 17 females in the roster (including Marie Rose and Phase 4), adding 1 would make it 18. It's not as equal as you think.

My bad then, but even then two more males and one more female would be 16:18 which why still isn't equal, isn't far off

Rawbietussin

Sarah's actually around her 40s if you consider her real age.

Depends on how you count it. There's really only 11 male fighters. VF guest characters don't count and Ein = Hayate, so they're technically one in the same. As for the females, there's 14, because I don't count Alpha-152 as female and VF guest characters don't count.

I count the entire roster regardless of circumstances so I include the VF imports up. While it may be a fact that they are the same person, Hayate and Ein have separate character slots so I consider them as separate entities unlike Lisa/Lamar or Bass/Mr. Strong who are sharing wardrobe under one character slot.

synce

Adding male characters only makes sense if this is a fighting game other than DOA. In the past, waaaaay back when paying $40-60 bought you a complete game on the disc, you would get nice and balanced rosters. Now when TN designs a new character they have to factor in how many costume ideas can they reasonably leave off the disc and sell later. Go where the money is, and it's not in dudes or old chicks. If you want a variety of characters try Tekken or SC for 3D, or SF and MK for 2D. That's my 2 cents.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The big draw of DOA are the female characters, whether we want to admit this or not. And this is coming from someone who mains a male character. But that's just the business. It's easier to design costumes for female characters and even sell costume DLC for the female characters. Not to mention, the female characters are more appealing to watch, in both fighting style and beauty. Not saying that TN should neglect male characters completely, but they know where the money is.

Rawbietussin

DOA started with a very few females to begin with so I don't see them any different other fighting games (Hell, they probably have the most number of females with 3-4 that time while others have like 1-2). Though there may have a recent excess, they are still more neutral with the gender ratio compared to other fighting games.

The question about recognition of the characters on the other hand is a different matter.

Momiji-Baybee

I think majority of fighting games are starting to realize this more, which could mean why games like Tekken are now starting to focus on their females alot more

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I think majority of fighting games are starting to realize this more, which could mean why games like Tekken are now starting to focus on their females alot more
Even Tekken is now starting to implement breast physics, when before, it was forbidden. Face it, a lot of fighting games know that sex sells. The male characters are liked most for their cool factor, but the females are mostly liked for their sex appeal.

Kronin

So if TN continues their trend of "wait 3 months before arcade-exclusive character X gets released to consoles" and TN said a discounted character bundle pack will be available 6 months from now then that means we're probably getting 2 more characters. It also looks like they're going to hold off and release the next stage with the next new character (which again...we are getting another one b/c the DOA5UA site still says New Stages)

But if you think about the schedule can't work because:

March: released Marie Rose on Console / Phase-4 on Arcade
June: released Phase-4 on Console / "X" on Arcade
September: released "X" on Console/ "Y" on Arcade

After six months, we could end to discover the second character but not to see released it (and consequently the complete pack if he will be revealed the last one) on console.

So or Team Ninja plans to relase 2 character but with a lower gap than 3 months from the release on console to the one on arcade, or otherwise when they said six months or more, they really mean a consistent "more" XD

Of course the best option would be to get 3 new characters on console inside 6-8 months.

(And definitely I agree with the fact that we should expect at least an additional stage ;) )

There is no evidence that TN is going to put Tengu in the game. They obviously would rather old bosses remain dead instead of bringing them back. And I agree.

Sorry but indipendently by the opinions of everyone, Tengu is out there the boss more requested and apparently more popular (at least considering the vocal voice of the Western fans). Personally I think that Raidou has a possibility to be included in the game only if Team Ninja will bring back before of him Tengu, and Genra one chance only after the addition of the previous two.

I don't say it because I like Tengu but just because this seem to me an objective fact: during the pre-release of DoA5U I would have said that also if wishing and requesting overall the entry of Irene between the NG girls, this character had no chances to be part of the roster before Momiji and Rachel (listed in order of popularity).

Last edited:

dramic91

Yeah Tengu should definitely be one of the new characters. Hasn't TN even acknowledged that they know people are asking for him? I'd like a character similar to Lei Fei with all the stances and whatnot. And then Irene seems to be requested, so I'd go with her. Maybe Krav Maga? CQC? Something like that.

Keved

*Watches Phase 4 gameplay for the first time*

cxR6SDz.gif

163.gif

Momiji-Baybee

I mentioned before that I'd like a more effeminate male in the future. Looking at some of the Jojo Bizarre Adventure characters, I think if DOA got an effeminate male (or an effeminate designed male) then he could look like one of these guys
_bmuploads_2013-11-27_7551_akira-otoishi.jpg
jbaasb-bruno-buccellati.jpg
504fe8ac7e75f.jpg
Giorno_ASB.jpg

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I mentioned before that I'd like a more effeminate male in the future. Looking at some of the Jojo Bizarre Adventure characters, I think if DOA got an effeminate male (or an effeminate designed male) then he could look like one of these guys
_bmuploads_2013-11-27_7551_akira-otoishi.jpg
jbaasb-bruno-buccellati.jpg
504fe8ac7e75f.jpg
Giorno_ASB.jpg
Give Giorno's Costume to Eliot.
We can have male characters, but effeminate is not the correct word. The correct word is FABULOUS!

If we are going for the Fabulous route, I want a fabulous male villain like DIO:
dio-brando-allstarbattle.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD