The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbietussin

They must have changed Helena's hair physics caused I just did story mode and her ponytail was sitting on her shoulder quivering like a parrot with parkinson's disease when she met Kokoro. Never did that before.

I thought her ponytail always hangs on her shoulder in Vanilla 5?

Crext

Standard Donor
Seriously, I've started to have difficulties with the 33 throw or 3 command in general in DoA5U, anyone else having difficulties here? Has they changed it somehow? I keep getting low grabs.

Rawbietussin

When she is at the bar talking to Kokoro it is always lying down her back, but this time it was on her shoulder. You could tell it wasn't meant to be there because of how poorly it was animating.

I guess they done that to make it similar to how it hangs on her shoulders while fighting.

Personally, I want it off her shoulders. Her win poses clearly doesn't have them draped over like a scarf.

Omegan Eckhart

Seriously, I've started to have difficulties with the 33 throw or 3 command in general in DoA5U, anyone else having difficulties here? Has they changed it somehow? I keep getting low grabs.
Helena doesn't have a 33 throw so I wouldn't have noticed.
I guess they done that to make it similar to how it hangs on her shoulders while fighting.

Personally, I want it off her shoulders. Her win poses clearly doesn't have them draped over like a scarf.
Maybe it's just me but does Helena's ponytail look a tiny bit longer than in Vanilla? I thought that might be what caused it.

Chapstick

Someone here said the double diagonal input windows got tighter in 5U. Doing the power launchers in combo challenge, I get 1/3P+K instead of 11/33P+K about 30% of the time.

Rawbietussin

Maybe it's just me but does Helena's ponytail look a tiny bit longer than in Vanilla? I thought that might be what caused it.

Haven't took notice of it that much but if that was the case then TN's slowly giving back the hair length she lost which would be nice.

Now, if only she has more hair options other than loose hair.

EDIT: Actually her hair seems to be able to reach up near the boundary of her ass now.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
As a grown man those things scare the shit out of me. Imagine if a girl walked up to you in a bar with a pair of tits like that flopping all over the place...
That happened to me before, but surely not in a bar.

Basically, she told me what to do, and I was unable to resist. The next minute, I'm wearing a ball gag... and I'll just leave it at that.

Omegan Eckhart

That happened to me before, but surely not in a bar.

Basically, she told me what to do, and I was unable to resist. The next minute, I'm wearing a ball gag... and I'll just leave it at that.
Why stop? I was falling asleep until you mention the ball gag.

Crext

Standard Donor
Someone here said the double diagonal input windows got tighter in 5U. Doing the power launchers in combo challenge, I get 1/3P+K instead of 11/33P+K about 30% of the time.

Well, I've been walking around wondering if both my ps3 controllers was broken. *tighter* would be an understatement, it's becoming close to an Akira's 1 frame kick maneuver, only that instead of losing 5% extra damage you get to miss 25% damage and lose half your life for the mistake. I don't get it why they make it harder to play the game in general, where the current setup wasn't broken at all. You'll force people into using game sticks (this late in the generation?!) or have the biggest fight against the computer and not your competition. Calculate lagg into the equation and you'll have one pissed off crowd. Unless I can readjust the muscles reflexes It'd be too hard to use compared to the reward, thus effectively removing a move set from the game.

That said the game is in general great, this is just "annoyance", and fixable by picking a different char or something. So ye, we'll see, hopefully I'll be able to learn to do this 100% in the coming days as the muscle reflexes improve.

LoK N Ki

Do you have inputs on, you might not end properly with the 3.
Don't know if this works, maybe you can do a 3 and slide either to 6 or 2 and slide back to three without going back to neutral. Though on a pad a bigger motion like gong to 1 and sliding back to 3 might feel little less cramped.

Crext

Standard Donor
I'm probably not doing it "correct", because if I did I wouldn't have a problem. :p

That said I don't get it why this suddenly became so hard to do. I see not point in changing it, and I'll stick to that opinion even if I master it, which I probably will. Casuals shouldn't have to practice "1 frame moves" on something so essential, and we are not speaking 1 juggle expanding move of 1 character here (Akira), but the entire cast.

Last edited:

ninjaguy446

When she is at the bar talking to Kokoro it is always lying down her back, but this time it was on her shoulder. You could tell it wasn't meant to be there because of how poorly it was animating.
Yeah, it's supposed to be down her back. I haven't played through story mode yet, though. Only got up to Kokoro's chapter (savedata corrupted). I'll have to check that out. Also, have you guys noticed the strands on the outside of her ponytail? There are strands surrounding the ponytail mass but it's stuck there and doesn't move. It makes the cluster look a little better, but it still looks unnatural because I don't think any girl would let their hair get clumped up so badly.

Omegan Eckhart

Yeah, it's supposed to be down her back. I haven't played through story mode yet, though. Only got up to Kokoro's chapter (savedata corrupted). I'll have to check that out. Also, have you guys noticed the strands on the outside of her ponytail? There are strands surrounding the ponytail mass but it's stuck there and doesn't move. It makes the cluster look a little better, but it still looks unnatural because I don't think any girl would let their hair get clumped up so badly.
Helena shampoo's but she doesn't use conditioner lol.

LoK N Ki

I have no idea where to ask this question, didn't see a Q and A thread and don't want to make a new thread.
Is it possible to make the counters and blocking random in training mode in DOA5(U)? That way i can actually practice reacting to certain situations.You can choose random for the hold type and SE speed but not for counters and blocking.

DjDeathCool

"1 frame moves"

Hold down 2 with the bottom of your thumb, then double tap either 6,6 or 4,4 and you have your input. No "1 frames". Like Lok N Ki said, turn your input viewer on and make sure you're ending on 3 but please, for the love of god (or man if you're an atheist) stop calling a buffered input a "1 frame".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD