The Fall Classic Second Trailer Released!

Kicking off the ramp up to what is argued as the biggest Dead or Alive 5 tournament of the year, ShinBlanka has released the second trailer for The Fall Classic being held in Raleigh, North Carolina on September 14th and 15th. The trailer even gives Dead or Alive 5 a major spot in it to showcase how serious ShinBlanka, BigE Gaming, L.I. Joe, and SweetJohnnyCage are taking this game and this event.

It should be noted that with the recent announcement of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate's release date being September 3rd, this event will be hosting a Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate tournament. The community is hoping to make this their biggest event ever, shooting for more than 100 entrants into the tournament. If those numbers hold true then you're looking at a pot prize greater than $1,000. This tournament is sure to be huge as it attempts to be a serious contender to that of Evolution.

The Fall Classic will be held at the HIlton North Raleigh/Midtown hotel during the weekend of September 14th and 15th. However, a block of discounted rooms have been opened up for rooms in the date range of September 13th to the 17th for those players who want to arrive early and leave late - giving them a chance to play some more casuals and hang out with new friends.

If you want to book your and your friends a room while they still last, head over to the discount link to book it. You should not be charged by the hotel until either the booked date if you don't show, or the day of checking out.

The Hilton is located at the following address:
3415 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, North Carolina
USA 27609-7330

If you'd like to save some money and meet up with some Free Step Dodge members to share a hotel room, post up here.

Looking forward to this event. This has the potential to be on the same level or higher than EVO but with more games and a greater community focus. I love EVO but there's no denying that you feel like you're part of a production lately and not a community event. After all of the love Big E and Shin Blanka (among others) have shown our community despite some weaker turnouts I can't help but support them as much as I can.

Get your friends on board and get people registered. Gonna be a great time.

Thanks Mr. Wah. BTW, I likely had to travel to Europe next months, does somebody know about torneys in there? Also, what are the biggest DOA web communities for Europe?

My DOA buddy asked me if I'd like to go to this event and I'd like to see it successful. It'll be my first major tourney for DOA5 outside of Canada (I did a local major last Fall).

Now I'm just wondering if I should stick with my main or use my 1 week Momiji there...

It'd be great to see foreign players attend this event. I would to play against them. This might be our first tournament where we may have multiple players from other countries playing in one room.

Wow, that's awesome. I wish I had some extra money so I could travel to the east side. It's very frustrating that I've trained hard online, and can't even sample the offline scene for my game.

I live in Vegas, and my fellow Vegans aren't as privy to DOA as the east, and mid-west. I hope this tournament rocks... I'll definitely be watching my favorites: Sweet Revenge, Rikuto, and hopefully Lopedo, and Wah.

Wow, that's awesome. I wish I had some extra money so I could travel to the east side. It's very frustrating that I've trained hard online, and can't even sample the offline scene for my game.

I live in Vegas, and my fellow Vegans aren't as privy to DOA as the east, and mid-west. I hope this tournament rocks... I'll definitely be watching my favorites: Sweet Revenge, Rikuto, and hopefully Lopedo, and Wah.

Check out prices on airfarewatchdog.com. SweetRevenge117 said he saw a deal one day for TX to NC for $150. You have three months notice to save 20$ a week. :p

Southwest.com is having a sale right now apparently for Raleigh. If you fly on the thursday, saturday, sunday, or monday of TFC weekend (Sept 14-15th) then it looks like airfare is fairly cheap. From LAS to RDU it's coming up at ~$150 each way. For BWI to RDU it's coming up $50 each way. These are for the web-only pricing.

So check your local air line ticket prices through Southwest.com for that weekend to see if anyone can jump in on a great deal in airfare while it still lasts.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD